Rising star's world

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was listening to this song while typing

 

Sehun

2. The Rising Star's World

Luhan was hugging me. But I just continued sobbing as if it was never ending. My heart broke into million pieces. I couldn't look at him in the eyes and I couldn't tell him what I wanted him to hear. I just sat there burying my face in my knees. Hearing his words of goodbye hurt so much.

"I'm sorry Sehun, but I have to go..."

I cried and cried. In my mind, I was talking back to him but in reality, my mouth was too dry from crying I couldn't even find the right words to say out loud.

"Then stop them! Don't let them take you!"

"Sehun...Please..."

"Why? You don't want to? You want to leave me here?"

"I'll ask them if they could adopt you too."

"You know they wont! Why do you still want to come with them?"

"I hope you understand. I- I just don't want to miss this chance again, Sehun. I need to find my mom. I know she's out there somewhere, I want to see her. She must be waiting for me-"

"Liar! You're such a liar! You promised me, I hate you!"

"Sehun, please say something."

"I just don't want to live without you, hyung."

 

I hear bricks falling, kids crying, even adults screaming. I was just calling one name, just one name but that person couldn't even come for my rescue. Everything was falling apart and I had ran back to our room to hide and cry in fear. Not too long it started to ignite in the room I was holed up in. Suddenly, a sharp pain hit my head and then it went to my leg. I smelled and tasted my own blood. Tears brimmed in my eyes, the pain was too much to bear. I couldn't keep myself awake anymore. It lasted for what felt like more than an hour.

January 11, 2004

Luhan hyung. It's Sehun. Hyung? Where are you? I want to see you.

January 12, 2004

Hyung, I need you. Please visit me.

January 13, 2004

Are you busy, hyung? Are you well? Did something bad happen? I heard from the elders that you're fine. But if you're not replying, how will I know if they're not lying? Please reply.

January 18, 2004

I understand. I'll wait. Maybe the mailman just had a traffic! Anyway, it's pretty boring here without you.

January 29, 2004

They say I might have to wait for one more year to get better. For the meantime, ajhumma is going to bring me to another orphanage. I'm really tired. I wish it's a year already. But I'm sure if you're here, it wouldn't be a big deal because I know you will take care of me.Hyung, won't you at least come to see me? I need to see you before my birthday.

April 1, 2004

They're so mean to me. I hate them. They told me not to steal milk. But I really want to drink milk, hyung. You said it will help me grow... I need you to tell them so they would understand.

April 2, 2004

Someone spilled my food on the floor. I didn't eat... I don't feel like eating anymore. I'm just here locked in my room. I'm tired of being disabled. They say I look ugly and that no one will ever adopt me. Tell me, it's not true right?

APRIL 8, 2004

Are you still busy looking for your mom? Hm, do you know the address here? Please come here. I can't come to you.

April 12, 2004

It's my 10th birthday today... It's not a very happy birthday. Where's my gift?

June 20, 2005

Almost two years and I'm still me... So pitiful. I'm forcing myself to walk, but I always fall. I'm still waiting for your reply. I wish someone would adopt me so I can find you. Let's search for your mom together, hyung. I promise I wont be a bother! I really miss you. I have no friends here. They think I'm a freak just because I'm different... I just need someone to tell me that everything's going to be okay. At least tell me that, hyung...

June 23, 2005

A family is going to adopt me on Saturday. What do you say?

 

June 23, 2005 (RETURN MAIL)

I didn't get anything new other than my previous letter back and a note at the back of the envelope.

 

Please stop sending me letters.

 

"What a freak!" They always laugh at me. "Where's your mommy and daddy huh?" They always tease me. "Stop being so pathetic!" I'm scared. "You deserved it!!" I'm so full of it.

All I wanted was a friend. A shoulder to cry on. I needed someone to calm me down at night and tell me that I don't deserve it, that everything's going to be okay and I just need to keep my faith strong. All I needed was hope. I waited and waited, but the person I was hoping would give me hope didn't even say a word. All I wanted was to be someone people would love. All I wanted was for people to believe in me and accept me. I got it now, don't I?

I couldn't believe my eyes. People are screaming my name in unison, the smiles from them were priceless. Some of them were carrying my banner in the air, I couldn't describe how happy I was that I've gained their love and trust as an actor so fast.

So this is what they call fame. My fame spreaded like wildfire and hit me like a ton of bricks from earthquake. I couldn't keep my overjoyed laugh to myself, just how proud am I of myself to what I have reached so far?

It feels somehow amazing but annoying at the same. Some so-called fans just ruin my mood just by looking at them. One already ruined my mood when a stray beggar called my name in the middle of the road: in front of my most hated person, Kris.

"S-Sehun? Sehun!" The boy had a shaky voice, tiny and thin body, ruffled light brown hair and his wrinkled and dirty white clothes made him look like one of the beggars in the first hit movie I starred in. He looked like someone who haven't showered for days. Anyhow, he looked simply disgusting for a child. Of course, if the cameras were watching me I would pretend to care for the beggar, but it's better to escape while no one else was watching. 

Except Kris.

It's always fun to mock Kris and to see him actually react to it. "Good luck Kris. Let's go." I told my driver before closing the window beside me.

"Who was that?" Jiyeon asked. I've been dating her since last year. I met her two years ago during college, she also debuted as an actress not long ago but in a family televesion series I wasn't involved in. I shrugged.

"How would I know? Maybe just one of my crazy fans." I said, taking glances at the rearview mirror to see what was happening behind. I started to laugh, but a little bit low in volume so my girlfriend wouldn't call me crazy. It was just kinda funny when I saw Kris push the poor beggar to the side, getting on his car to run away from the beggar he almost killed. "Kris is really something. Isn't he, baby?" I put my hand over hers, looking at her as I waited for a reply. Jiyeon and Kris aren't enemies, they talk to each other like normal people do but I've been teaching her to hate the people I hate (Kris). It's not really easy, considering how loving and innocent she is.

"Why do you keep on mocking him anyway?" She asked, smiling a bit. "You guys are not kids anymore, act mature like your age, Sehun."

I never liked Kris, not even a little bit, not once not ever. For short, I hate Kris. I just wonder why someone so beautiful like Jiyeon wouldn't hate him. He's arrogant and he think he has everything! 

Kris is my rival ever since I was adopted in his family. We were in the same group of friends at school too, but we never really liked each other nor did we try to talk to each other or at least pretend to be friends in public (it's not a good option for us). Kris was a jealous old boy and selfish. He thinks I stole his parents' attention ever since the day I stepped a foot into their mansion, especially his father. Dad seemed to care a lot for me back then, and Kris never stopped trying to remove me from his house. I still see him like that right now and maybe even in the future. That's why I hate him, and if he's not dad and mom's son I could've murdered him a long time ago. But I had other plans. I wanted to be famous just like our father was. They said it runs in the family, and I am part of their family so I guess everyone expected I would become famous in as fast as one historical action movie.

Kris actually auditioned for a role in the movie too but he got a supporting role instead, which he rejected afterwards and it caused a delay for the whole movie. Well, once I thought of befriending him but he said to give up, so I realized it would be useless to push myself to someone who hates me. Because he hates me too much, he changed his surname to Wu. He didn't want people to know that we're siblings (which most of them already know). Every time we meet, we always end up annoying each other with our words. Yep, just words because we try not to brawl as much as we can since we treasure our faces too much.

And everytime we see each other, I try to taunt him first before he does it to me.

"So, how's the dirty little dog? Did you invite him to your apartment, Kris?" I laughed, insulting him with the best I can. "If you do that, you'll end up looking like him, don't you think? It would be fascinating." I noticed him flaring with anger already, giving me a sign of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter