Lie

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan grimaced. He held on to his aching head as he tried to get up from a bed. He looked around, unable to comprehend where he was at the moment. How did he even get there? On a bed. He remembered feeling sick and then suddenly everything just went black. He heard his name being called before darkness completely took over him.

Now he sat on a bed and he was alone. He tried to recall more of what happened when he was still conscious earlier. 

"Shunsuke."

That name.

"Shun."

Luhan's hands began to shake. He clutched his head and groaned in pain. His head was hurting like hell the more he tried to recall. "H-Help. Help me please," he muttered unclearly. He thought no one would come. The place seemed empty, there was only a bedside table and a bed. The place was small too, like a clinic. If someone was supposed to come, he hoped it wouldn't be Sehun. He didn't want to be seen like this. In pain. Extreme pain.

"Luhan!" Someone rushed to his side. That person panicked. He called for a nurse as he tensely listened to Luhan's agonizing screams. "It's okay, you're gonna be okay..."

"G-Go away...Sehun." Luhan managed to say.

"I'm not going away," the man said, with mixed emotions of disappointment and delight. "Because I'm not Sehun. It's me Tao."

"T-Tao?" Luhan opened his eyes a little bit, he loosened his grip on his head and looked at Tao. "How?"

"I saw you while I was on my way out. You collapsed," Tao explained. "But it's okay, I got you. Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?"

"No!" Luhan refused. "It's just a s-slight headache." Luhan yelped in pain. He suddenly felt like his head was splitting into two. Luckily, Tao was there to look after him while the nurse was away. Tao scurried outside to get him a pain reliever and came back a few seconds later. Tao fed the medicine to Luhan and handed him a glass of water to swallow down the tablet. 

Tao rubbed the back of Luhan worriedly. "How do you feel?"

"F-Fine."

"If it still hurts, I can bring you to the hospital now if you want. Don't worry about the bills, I will-"

"I'm fine, thank you."

"Oh..."

"How long was I out?" Luhan asked, his lips drying. "Does S-Sehun know? Did he come back to his apartment?"

"An hour. I don't think he knows, but his manager does."

"That's a relief."

"Luhan," Tao called.

"Hm?" Luhan answered faintly. 

"Why did you cut yourself?" The question left Luhan speechless. He cut himself the night before Sehun and him went to bed together peacefully.

He grabbed the bottom of his sweater and pulled it up, exposing the bandage covering his wounds. He didn't want to say a word about it. He never wanted anyone to find out what he had done to himself. Tao knew there was something wrong. His only wish was to be able to help the smaller boy, but it seemed like Luhan didn't want his help. Luhan wanted to face it all alone. Luhan refused to open his heart to anyone. Anyone but Sehun, maybe. 

"I'm sorry for asking you so suddenly," Tao continued, still not looking at Luhan. "I don't have the right. I know that. But let me help you if you need help."

"I don't need help," Luhan spoke indistinctly. "I'm fine. I just got scared and ended up hurting myself. I don't need any help, Tao. Thank you for the concern though."

Tao sniggered painfully, as if it was funny and cruel at the same time. "In the end, you still don't want me to be your friend." Melancholy surrounded the room. "I understand." Tao lied. Luhan just watched the tall man's back. He knew he disappointed Tao at some point. He was ungrateful, he knew that, but Luhan didn't want anyone to see him vulnerable and weak. He didn't want to need anyone's help. "I should just get going then. I guess I don't have to be here anymore..."

Luhan gulped. "Y-Yeah."

 Tao sighed and reached for the doorknob. "Get some rest," were the last words he said before disappearing out of Luhan's sight. 

I don't need help. I'm fine. What a lie. No matter how many times he denied it to himself, he needed someone. Someone to make him feel safe. Someone to erase the horror and pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter