Begin Again

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days later.

Luhan was standing at the rooftop, staring at the moon that seemed so close yet so far. Chanyeol had seen him there, and the tall assistant told Dr. Wells about it. He thought Luhan was gonna jump off the building, but Dr. Wells trusted on Luhan more than anyone. 

The old man on the wheelchair watched as Luhan just stood stiff, rose his head to the sky and made a melody that Dr. Wells had never heard before. 

Luhan was singing and for a moment, Dr. Wells went in a completely blank state.

Why do we need to love, when we know we'll be hurt?

He could sense the pain in Luhan's cold voice. 

It was sad yet beautiful. It was touching and amazing. 

In this game of life, lies a battle of love.

And Luhan sang with all his heart, he remembered Sehun's hurt expression when he said he hated him. 

Luhan wanted to fight for his love, but perhaps his 'love' for Sehun wasn't enough to fight for him.

Leaves a scar on me, though it won't make me bleed.

It was too late to regret again. Luhan made his decision. He decided to let go of Sehun, their friendship and love. It was for the best. He knew the scar in his heart would stay forever, but he had to be strong - for himself. 

He forgave Sehun the first time, he could still forgive him now but Luhan thought it was better to move forward. Sehun wasn't the child he loved anymore and he wasn't the same older brother friend anymore. Luhan just had to accept that though it hurt. He dwelled too much on his past that he became blind to the future.

Broke my heart once more, though it can be repaired.

It was time to forget the past - and Sehun had to be included.

I've been trying to catch you, but from time to time,

I was midleaded to the darkness and tainted with sin. 

Could he really do it?

Sehun's sweet smile. Could he really forget it?

Sehun's voice. Sehun's hair. Sehun's scent. Everything about Sehun. How could he forget something that hurts too much? How could he forget someone who gave him so much to remember? Someone who was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Luhan's voice cracked instantly. He was beginning to cry. 'Then I see your smile and I'm pulled back to you. I will always come back to you.' These are the words that he failed to sing but he uttered them as if Sehun was there, listening to him before he realized he was alone. That song wasn't for him or for Sehun anymore.  He wrote that song a long time ago, it just suddenly came up to his mind and then the next lyrics suddenly...faded. He forgot the next line. He forgot the tune. But he'd be lying if he says he forgot Sehun was the reason he wrote that song.

Dr. Wells assumed that Luhan was crying, that he stopped singing because he was interrupted by his tears.

The old man wheeled himself beside Luhan, and he looked up at the moon with a gentle smile on his slightly wrinkled face.

Luhan didn't tell Dr. Wells about his relationship with Sehun, his feelings and whatnots- but he didn't have to say it for Dr. Wells to understand.

"Chanyeol said you were trying to jump off the building," Dr. Wells said matter-of-factly. "But you're stronger than that. So just cry. It doesn't make you weak, it will make you stronger. Cry it all out, just don't let your past determine your future."

"I-" Luhan sobbed again. He looked down to hide his face from the old man and hugged his knees as he buried his face. "I don't know what to do. I hate myself. I hate him..." His voice sounded so little, so hurt, so scared and so lost. "I'm just tired, Dr."

"Has anyone ever told you that you have a very cool and soothing voice?" Dr. Wells asked suddenly, turning his gaze to Luhan who tried not to make some noise with his constant sniffles. "I could have cried, if you didn't stop. You should continue singing. Let yourself be heard. Let people know that you are worthy, you are great and lovable. Everything will work out. You can be who you really are."

"I d-don't think I can do t-that." Luhan shook his head.

"Yes, you can. Focus, Luhan.  Focus on moving forward."

"No... I can't. I'm scared. I feel like everybody hates me. I feel like I don't deserve happiness at all. I want to forget everything, but it's so hard. I want my mom. I need her, but I'm scared." Luhan lifted his head, his red bloodshot eyes searched into Dr. Well's honest and shimmery gray eyes. "What if she's the same with him? What if she hates me too? What if she left me because she doesn't want me? What if she just wants to hurt me?"

"Luhan." Dr. Wells muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter