I still love you

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stared at the letters over his table. The letters Luhan returned a few years back. Sehun closed his eyes as a lone tear fell down his cheek. He clutched his chest achingly, recalling his first encounter with Luhan after nine months. Sehun could feel how much Luhan hated him and yet he couldn't blame him. Sehun had been evil towards Luhan, he was disoriented in anger and baffled by reality. Just because Luhan returned those letters doesn't mean he was to be blamed. In spite of that, Sehun thought he had always been annoying towards Luhan since they were kids. It was no wonder his letters were returned. "That's right," Sehun whispered to himself, his lips trembled as he held back his tears.

He crumpled one of the letters before covering his mouth with his hand, letting the tears fall freely.

Why do I have to love you, Luhan hyung? Why can't I take you off of my mind? Why is it so easy for you to forget me but so difficult for me to forget you? Why did we have to meet in the first place? Sehun asked in his mind. 

Suho could hear Sehun's painful sobs against the back of the door. He was gonna ask Sehun about what happened, but he figured Sehun needed some time alone, so he left the apartment with a heavy heart in his chest.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day at the office. 

Luhan entered the room accompanied by no one. Everyone looked at him then the director gave him a what-are-you-doing-here-look.

"I came to apologize about yesterday," Luhan said firmly before bowing his head towards the director. "I was very rude, director. Please forgive my actions. I'm sincerely sorry but I still want the role." 

"What makes you think I still need you in the show?" Director asked, narrowing his eyes at Luhan. 

Luhan lifted his head to smile at the director. "I don't know about that but I want the role. Please give me another chance, Director." 

The director fell silent at Luhan's statement. It took him a few seconds to just nod his head and motion Luhan to sit down. Luhan sighed in relief before sitting down on the empty chair in front of him. He didn't even contemplate on meeting the person sitting next to him until his head ached and he had to turn his head to the other man's direction. Luhan winced and pressed on the side of his head, still not fully aware of Sehun's anxious gaze at him.

"Are you okay... Luhan?" Sehun asked, hesitating at first. Luhan recognized his voice immediately. Sehun felt suddenly jumpy seeing Luhan in pain. He attempted to touch the smaller boy but Luhan sadly looked away after meeting those dark orbs...

Luhan felt the pace of his heart quickened knowing that Sehun was next to him. "Don't even bother," Luhan muttered. 

"I'm sorry," Sehun suddenly whispered, surprising Luhan. "About yesterday..."

Luhan parted his lips slowly. "Forget about it, Oh Sehun."

Then Sehun let out a soft chuckle before staring back at his script lying flatly on the table. "Trust me, I tried." Sehun said quietly, tapping his fingers over the booklet. "But you know I'm a very thick-headed person, Lu Han. I'm the most stupid person I've known. I tend to remember things that don't need to be remembered. You should have hit my head harder, Luhan..." and when Sehun completed his sentence, Luhan pondered what was on the latter's mind. Luhan felt his heart dropped to his stomach and he said nothing back. Sehun sighed, grabbing his script booklet and fumbling through it.

"Oh look at this!" Kris suddenly exclaimed, catching everyone's attention. "Whoa, whoever wrote this is brilliant!" He said as he looked at everyone gathered in one table. 

"Why is that, Kris?" Director asked before looking at the actual writer beside him.

"My brother's role here is exactly like him," Kris replied in an amazed tone. Sehun turned his haze at Kris. "Sehun is just as thick-headed as his role. No wonder you picked him." Kris ended with a laugh. 

Sehun turned a blind eye to the latter and focused on his script instead. They had been fighting since the previous day. Sehun had no idea why Kris was suddenly antagonizing him more than he used to. Sehun notioned it was probably because Kris didn't want to be working with Sehun anymore (after their flop movie together) but he had no choice anyway. Or maybe Kris had other reasons that he couldn't tell Sehun.

"Well, I heard Oh Sehun is a good actor," the director started with a comforting smile. "I think he can do any kind of role."

"His roles are always stupid and everyone finally realized that after his flop movie," Kris spat. "It's all his fault the movie became a total failu-"

Luhan unexpectedly slammed his fist against the table. Everyone's attention were now on him. Luhan, who was now standing and glaring at Kris, suddenly said in a harsh guttural voice, "Sehun isn't like that."

Sehun was surprised how Luhan stood up for him. "Sehun isn't thick-headed," Luhan continued. "The movie didn't fail just because of him. Have you forgotten that you played a big role in the movie, Kris Wu? Do you really think people liked the way you acted your role? If you think you're that good and better than Sehun, then why are you still here? Instead of blaming Sehun that you're not famous, why don't you just leave before this drama becomes a complete failure because of you?"

Gnashing his teeth in rage, Kris stood up from his seat, his fists shaking and itching to punch the smaller boy's face. "ing Lu Han, thinking so highly of yourself just because you're famous now, eh?" 

Tao hastily straightened up and changed the subject. "Director, can we start practicing the lines at the front?" He asked before catching a glimpse of Kai trying to push Kris back to his seat. "And maybe coffee for them to cool down a little bit."

"Let me go, Kai!" Kris finally shouted at Kai who was still trying to restrain him but Kris brushed him off.

"Kris, this isn't time to fight. Hey!" Kai called out. "Seriously, Kris?!"

Kris turned a deaf ear as he strode towards Luhan, pushing anyone who came to hinder his violent action. Once he was just a few inches away from Luhan, he threw his strong forearm towards Luhan - and Luhan just closed his eyes and waited. Nothing came but he heard the gasps of others and someone calling out Sehun's name.

"Sehun!" Kai rushed to Sehun's side who tumbled with his against the floor. "Hey, are you okay?!"

Luhan widened his eyes when he realized that Sehun took the punch for him. 

Sehun rolled his eyes at no one in particular as he the coppery taste over his lips and go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter