Falling

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Falling. 

He was falling.

Falling deeper all over and over again.

That was Luhan. 

No more.

He couldn’t hold back anymore, no matter how hard he tried to convince himself that there was no point in holding on to something that was only bound to end. That it was time to be free from all the pain that caused him so much sadness in the past. That it was better to be alone or to be gone for real, than pretend that he deserves the happy ending. 

Luhan and Sehun have been seeing each other since that time they made up, and Sehun promised him they would remake their history together. That it was going to work out with patience, love, and care. 

For once, the two lovers just felt happy. Sehun opened up to the smaller boy, told him how he really felt about him leaving, and what happened to him afterwards. Luhan could never have imagined what Sehun also had to go through. And there he thought, the great Oh Sehun have always had the perfect life. “I was disabled, thought it was the end. I was mad at the world. When I got adopted into a rich family of celebrities, life didn’t go smoothly for me neither. Kids bullied me, Kris hated me for stealing his parents’ attention, and I was depressed. I started receiving therapy,” Sehun told his story, embracing Luhan gently as they lie on his bed that one starry night. “I wrote you letters too.” 

Luhan looked up, blinking in surprise. 

“Knowing you,” Sehun continued, “You wouldn’t just ignore my letters right? You didn’t receive them, didn’t you?” He asked, calmly. As if he already knew. 

Luhan shook his head. “I wish I had,” the smaller boy mumbled against the opposite man’s chest. 

Whomever it was that kept them from communicating with each other again a long time ago, the two men decided to put it all behind them and just focus on what was now. 

Luhan refused to open up about his family. Sehun just assumed the latter wasn’t ready yet, and he respected that. All Luhan could tell him was that his adoptive father was ‘terrible’ and ‘mean’, and his adoptive mother was so ‘selfless’ to the point that he saw himself in her. 

There was only one thing Sehun wanted to hear though. And he didn’t have to say it out loud for Luhan to give him an answer. “I came back for you,” Luhan confessed. “That day at the orphanage. Remember the sudden earthquake?” Sehun nodded. “I... I looked back and ran back inside to look for you. They tried to stop me but I moved too much and managed to break free.” 

That day, Luhan had frantically searched the orphanage for the little boy he cared so much about, even when it could cost him his own life. 

Sehun had no idea he found him. By the time Luhan got there, Sehun was hurt and out cold. Luhan thought he was dead.  “No, don’t die. Please, wake up. I’m here now. I won’t leave you ever again,” the little boy Luhan cried as he pulled the other boy’s body closer to his warm embrace. 

He protected him with all his strength, until there was nothing left to stay awake in the brutal world that punished them both for being innocent children. 

Luhan woke up a few weeks later, unable to find the boy he thought he had saved. 

Ever since they talked about that now like real adults, both Sehun and Luhan had a clearer understanding of the how’s and why’s from twelve years ago. They promised to visit the renovated orphanage together one day and maybe talk to one of the sisters who took care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter