Separation

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sehun bolted out of the door. He climbed in Suho's car and started the engine with the keys, ignoring the manager's desperate calls to stop. Sehun couldn't even look at his manager in the side mirror - without feeling ashamed of him. He trusted his manager so much, but he kept something very important to Sehun and that was not okay for the young actor.

If something bad happens to Luhan - I swear, I will never forgive you. 

Sehun had promised. Sehun left the filming without thinking twice. He didn't care about the consequences - whether the director would kick him out of the movie or not; or if anyone caught him storming off like a mad kid. All that mattered to him at that very moment was Luhan. 

Luhan has to be safe. 

Sehun kept telling himself;  something that he would usually say to soothe his nerves - to stop worrying too much. 

 

 

It's nothing serious. Luhan hyung is gonna be alright...

 

 

Luhan hyung won't leave me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He promised me.

He promised me...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And soon his tear- filled eyes blurred his vision. Sehun rubbed his eyes and sniveled, focusing his attention back on the road once again. He inhaled and exhaled deeply before checking the map to the express train on his phone. 

 

 

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

 

 

"Dr. Wells, we should go. We're almost late for the meeting," a young man in a suit said as he entered the hospital room of Luhan, who was still lying unconscious on the bed after being taken to the ER. 

The man on the wheelchair, called as Dr. Wells, turned around to face his assistant. "Call them. Tell them to cancel the meeting, Chanyeol."

"Are you sure about this?" Chanyeol asked, hesitating his boss's order. "IU had been looking forward to meeting us - especially you. I have a feeling that she will accept our offer. If we miss out, she's gonna back out. We both know we're not the only ones offering her a solo album. Besides, I prepared a really nice suit just for the meeting..."

"Just do it. We've got nothing to lose," Dr. Wells said as he glanced back at Luhan's sleeping figure. "If she doesn't want to work with us, we can always find another singer. I'll look after this boy for now."

"Why? Why do you have to do that? You've retired, you're not a doctor anymore and you aren't even his father."

"I signed as his guardian." Dr. Wells stated coolly. "That's enough reason for me to stay. I hope you understand, son."

Chanyeol looked down in defeat. Nonetheless, his heart somehow softened when Dr. Wells called him son. "I'll let them know, Dr. Wells." Chanyeol reached for the door. He looked at Dr. Wells over his shoulder and smiled before saying, "Thank you, Dr. Wells. I just wanted to say that. You're a great man and I'm glad I met you."

Dr. Wells smiled flatly as the door clicked behind him. He never took his eyes off of the pale boy sleeping. He watched him with plain concern in his eyes, as if he was his son and as if he was Luhan's father. He stayed for as long as he could remember. He watched him until he fell asleep too. 

 

The sun went down. It was dark and quiet. The only light was the moon.

When Luhan woke up that night, the first person he saw was the man on a wheelchair, drifted into sleep. Luhan didn't recognize him. Luhan didn't have any idea where he was. But he remembered why.

He remembered Shun in the elevator. How he was threatened. Shun pushed him against the mirror wall and he fell. He could still feel the pain in his back. He could still recall every single word Shun said.

Luhan thought he had been completely mistaken about Sehun... The truth made a wave of shooting pain through his heart. He held back his tears - he tried, he really tried but he failed. He should have killed himself, he thought. He shouldn't have thought of Sehun when he attempted to kill himself back in the apartment, he thought. Sehun never saved him, Sehun only made it worse, Sehun was the darkness - he was the one who took everything from Luhan. Sehun was the one who brought Luhan in the twilight of his unwanted life. Luhan finally opened his eyes and realized what he should have realized a long time ago.

 

"He is not my friend." Sehun made that clear with him before. He shouldn't have forced himself to become Sehun's friend again. 

"I don't ing want you here," Sehun said that to his face - outraged. Luhan was unwanted. Sehun wanted to make him suffer. Sehun wasn't sorry for that. That is what Luhan continued to believed in. The truth hurts. In spite of that, he found it easier to believe in what he thought was the truth than believe in lies.

He was so done fooling himself.

"Back in high school, it was no other than Oh Sehun who ordered us to play with you. He loathed you to the point that he did not even show any sign of remorse when we showed him how we almost sent you to hell..." Shunsuke's words were stuck in his mind once more. It was like a curse. Repeating over and over again. 

 

Luhan's cries ceased instantly when a hand tapped the back of his palm and he saw Dr. Wells smiling at him sympathetically. The room was filled with an eerie silence. Even though Luhan didn't recall this man saving him, at least he didn't push Dr. Wells as if he was some psycho trying to hurt him. In fact, the man's reassuring move made Luhan feel cozy although neither of them spoke.

 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-

 

The following day, Luhan woke up feeling better than the previous day. His eyes were still swollen but they weren't bloodshot red anymore. He felt better, yes, when not moving. He was unable to get up or at least sit up - without hurting his back or his lower abdomen. 

Dr. Wells noticed how Luhan attempted to pull himself up - groaning in the process. "I'd keep lying down if I were you," Dr. Wells commented. Luhan looked at him coldly - something that Luhan never did to anyone before. Looking at someone with a cold expression, lifeless or just jaded. Dr. Wells cleared his throat, trying to keep calm and cool. "My name is Harrisson Wells, in case you're wondering. People still call me Dr. Wells even though I'm no longer one of the doctors. I was the one who called the ambulance for you. And I know my name is weirder than yours."

"I'm fine." Luhan managed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter