Luhan’s Letter

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Luhan’s letter/pov in italics) 

 

 

 

 

Dear Sehun, 

I know you probably hate me by now. You probably hate me for leaving you again...

 

Sehun visited Luhan’s apartment day by day.

 

Luhan ignored the latter every time. 

 

I’m sorry, I didn’t know how to say it. I’m sorry, I still ended up hurting you. 

 

He wasn’t ready to face him then. 

What was he supposed to say? He couldn’t possibly tell him, and hurt him even more.

Could he? 

 

I’m sorry, I failed you again. 

 

Sehun left him flowers every day, flowers that reminded him of Luhan’s purity and beauty. 

But why? 

What did he ever do for Luhan to give him the cold shoulder he felt he didn’t deserve? Not unless he makes an attempt to defend his actions. 

 

I was scared. 

 

A week has passed when Luhan finds himself strolling around the neighborhood. After taking days off to clear his mind, he finally had the guts to step out of his comfort zone - at least for a little while. Fighting the tears back, he swallowed hard and picked the petals off the flowers Sehun gave him the other day.

With each fallen petal, he mumbles to himself, should I leave or should I stay? 

His heart and brain collides, and then he thought, but Sehun deserves someone better than me. It can’t be me. I can’t give him everything back. I... I’ll only make him sad. 

 

I was scared that day would come. 

 

Luhan stopped on his tracks upon realizing he was standing right in front of Sehun, whom he had been expecting this time. 

Sehun, puzzled, contemplated the smaller boy before acting out. The taller man wanted to open his arms and trap the smaller one in his arms, his absence had made him miss him terribly. Yet unlike him, the smaller one didn’t seem very excited to see him. 

Instead, Sehun saw sorrow and worry in those dark brown eyes that he loved the most.  

 

I was scared of everything; love and life and us. 

  

“Hey,” Sehun breathed out. “I finally caught you.” 

Luhan smiled, just a little sadly. “Thanks for the flowers,” he said. 

Sehun laughed nervously. “If you’re that thankful, why didn’t you answer my calls? You couldn’t even open your door for me? If you’re that thankful, why did you leave me again?” 

Luhan looked down and stared at the now incomplete flower.

Eventually, Sehun asked the question that he had alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter