Luhan Vs. Sehun

Killing Him Softly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was late for the first script-reading with the cast. His alarm clock was broken so he woke up a little bit late and then Luhan had to go through an abdominal pain after taking a shower and changing his clothes. He had to dial Chanyeol's emergency number for help. Once Chanyeol arrived with the pills, Luhan grabbed it and swallowed it right away, completely forgetting to drink his water. 

"Don't forget the water," Chanyeol reminded him as he handed the water to Luhan. 

Luhan smiled faintly before taking the glass of water. "Thanks," Luhan mumbled as he swallowed the water forcefully. Luhan then placed his hand over his stomach, calming down a little. 

"Does your stomach hurt?" Chanyeol asked, looking down at Luhan who remained sitting at the edge of his bed.

"Yeah, but it's not that bad. I'm okay." 

"Okay but just don't overwork yourself, Luhan. Think about your health first," Chanyeol said as he placed a hand on Luhan's head. "We'll go to the hospital later with Dr. Wells. If you're not feeling well, just say. You don't even have to join the show." 

"No, I'm fine, Chanyeol. I think I just ate something bad. I'll be fine when I get some sleep. You don't have to tell Dr. Wells," Luhan said. "He'll only get worried. Besides, I don't want to miss this offer. Tao is my only friend. I don't want to disappoint him by backing out. He recommended me to the director after all..." Luhan grasped the glass tightly.

Chanyeol hesitated. "Are you sure you don't need a check up with the doctor?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks for the concern, Chanyeol."

Luhan didn't want to lie that it didn't hurt because the truth was his stomach had been hurting since he last performed a live performance - but not consecutively. Nevertheless, he did not want to go back to the hospital.  Luhan assumed it was just the bad food he received while shooting a commercial the last week - and the celery that he was also forced to eat in an interview for the fun of the audiences. 

Two hours later, Luhan arrived at the meeting place for the first script-reading session with the writer, the director and the cast. Upon arriving in the office, everyone was silenced by Luhan's presence. Luhan had expected to see Tao since the latter was the one who recommended Luhan in the drama. As a matter of fact, Tao was first to be chosen as one of the main characters. Luhan hadn't expected someone like Kris or Kai to be part of the drama though... 

Anyone but them, Luhan thought as he swallowed hard, avoiding Kris and Kai's eyes on him. Luhan was about to step back but Dr. Wells, who was now his personal manager, gently pushed him forward to introduce themselves.

At that time, Luhan didn't notice Sehun's presence yet. Sehun was just sitting in silence with his back in front of Luhan. "Hello everyone," Dr. Wells started. "I'm Harrison Wells, Luhan's manager. This is Luhan. He's a little bit nervous but he's looking forward to working with all of you."

Luhan opened his mouth but he didn't know what to say. 

"Well, Luhan and Mr. Wells, you can take your seats." The director told them and they sat on the empty chairs reserved for them. Luhan sat on the chair opposite of Sehun's seat. Luhan's gaze eventually met Sehun's longing ones. 

And for a brief moment, the both of them suddenly stopped breathing. They stared at each other for what seemed like forever... Until the director spoke. 

"Okay, let's continue." The director said. "We were just talking about their roles and how to act these roles. If some of you still want to back out, you may leave. I won't stop you."

Silence.

"You know you guys are lucky that someone with a big heart like me chose you guys to play in this drama," the director continued with a stern look. "So why don't we all just cooperate and stop fighting?"

They were fighting? Luhan thought in his mind, he remained quiet and cold on the outside.

"Anyway, Luhan, here's your script booklet." The director pushed a booklet towards Luhan. "I'll just tell you this real quick since you are very late and I have other announcements for everyone. Luhan, you will be playing as Shim Dong-woo, the lead singer of the boy band called The Five Eagles. Dong-woo is a cheerful man. He is the total opposite of his younger brother, Shim Dong-sun, a cold-hearted man who doesn't speak so much to anyone except his brother," the director said before adding. "Dong-sun will be played by Oh Sehun."

Sehun was clasping his hands together while glaring at his script, pretending to read when in truth, he was listening and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter