Vinth. 16

Vinth.

 

Vinth. 16

 

 

He should have learned swimming better.

He doesn’t move fast enough to catch Junsu’s floating body heading to the floor of the sea. He pushes his swimming speed commanding his legs and arms to move faster, quicker, more agile, more precise so that he could at least touch Junsu’s toes or ankle or fingers or..

Changmin shoots up from sleep in panting breaths, again. His blanket tangles all over him like it’s been pulled to opposite directions. He kicks it out of bed feeling the suffocating knots slowly recede as his breaths begin to hit its normal course.

He’s been dreaming of Junsu’s cold bleeding body drowned in the ocean for three months by now. Sometimes it’s Junsu’s pale unmoved body in large bed, blurry figures are surrounding him. Sometimes it’s Junsu’s wounded bleeding chest being carefully lifted to the coast by several men. Sometimes it’s Junsu’s feverish body in the Shims’ guest chamber when he was servant Hanxi. Sometimes it’s Junsu falling from the huge ship’s bridge.

Just once, a week ago, Changmin dreamed of their aftermath of spending night in the small cottage. Junsu’s eyes were pool of doubts, uncertainty, questions, restlessness and the pictures of running away. Changmin kissed those eyes loving all the displayed honest emotions and warmly stated “You may run or build fortress from me, Kim Junsu. I don’t care. Run to places you want to. Run to the other side of the world. I will find you. I will hold you in my arms like tonight.”

It was too real for Changmin that he stayed in bed for a long time past morning not caring about time and his schedules. He went to Cair’s port feeling so absurd of the day Changwook had to kick him hard twice on his leg to bring him back to the present time.

It’s three months already. Can’t Junsu hear his call by now?

 

Jaejoong is hardly seen in the Arena unless there’s a national event held or the ruler happens to fix something there which is somewhat rare. Yunho pays visit to the Arena every now and then but he tends to keep his consort exclusive from the noise and the exposure of exercising men. The royal consort’s presence in the Arena today, no doubt, sweeps most of the warriors and soldiers’ attention. His beaming pearl-like skin is in total contrast of his dominated maroon robe bringing out Jaejoong’s exquisite attractive features. No wonder their ruler is head over heels with this carrel. He emits kindness as well as firm ground of who he is that people hardly able resisting not to be wowed by his friendly smiling greet.

      “He’s in naval post. South one.” Yoochun suppresses whistles. “Why don’t you just summon him to see you in the Palace?”

      “He never speaks to me unless his majesty is in the same room with us.”

Yoochun nods in understanding. Changmin hasn’t forgiven Jaejoong and Ara. “Should I send someone to drag his leg here?”

Jaejoong smiles at the offer. “No thanks, your highness. I could wait a little longer here. Do you mind?”

      “Not personally.” Yoochun snickers mischievously. “But you are bad distraction for those soldiers.”

      “I would just sit somewhere far from the field if it’s allowed.”

      “Sure. Your personal guards are welcomed to join our afternoon combat session. In case they would like to move some muscles rather than guarding you.”

      “Please.” Jaejoong chuckles lightly. “I’m sure they’d like it. Not thinking of calling me in too?”

Yoochun makes a funny face. “Changmin will do that. I have to remind you that the prison did bad influence on his fighting skill.” Yoochun grins. “Bad as in very bad for his any poor combat partner. You’ve heard how he shut those leeches mercilessly, haven’t you? Most of second rank warriors and soldiers back away from the chance to be his sparring partner.”

Jaejoong has heard about it, of course. Who hasn’t? Changmin is more and more popular these days due to his cold-blooded executing moves against people creating public disturbance or mocking Cair’s stability. In fact, Changmin silently wins more public and the army favor that he’s now considered in par with Prince Choi Siwon’s top leading frontline warriors. Jaejoong overheard his husband and one of the senior head generals’ talk that Changmin soon would snatch any general post with his proven achievements. The senior head general never thought or expected Changmin would be that sharp fighter before. He’s great first rank warrior but not this great.

      “You need something from me?”

Jaejoong keeps his friendly smile on his lips despite the intimidating vibe from the royal elite private warrior. “No. I have something for you instead.” He snaps his fingers signaling at his personal guards. “I received it just this noon. I thought you should know.”

Changmin watches the royal consort extracting a green roll from a bag.

      “Junsu replied my letter.”

--

      “So general Young has a son.” Yunho curls up to his consort’s lap. “And Ara is expecting a child too. It’s really good news, boo. Why didn’t you show me the letter first?” He bites Jaejoong’s thigh teasingly.

      “Changmin needs to read the letter more than you, your majesty.”

      “What’s with this your majesty habit?” The ruler’s head shifts eyeing the consort. “You know I don’t like it when you use my status to keep something by yourself.” He complains, a bit pouting.

      “Shouldn’t you be in royal queen’s chamber tonight?”

      “Don’t avert my question.” Yunho pinches Jaejoong’s leg. “What’s with it? We are alone and you still use formal addressing. What’s in your head now, royal consort?”

Jaejoong puts on a light cackle as his fingers swim along the ruler’s black hair. “Nothing, your majesty.”

      “Say that one more time..” Yunho warns, annoyed.

      “You should be in the royal queen’s chamber, your.. Yunho.” Jaejoong changes his last word before Yunho’s hands pull him down. “She’s in delicate stage of first month pregnancy. You need to ensure her comfort and wellness more than ever.”

      “I’m going if you don’t want me in your bed.” Yunho doesn’t mean it. “My bed is fine.”

      “The queen’s bed is-

Yunho has moved shutting Jaejoong’s mocking lips. The kiss placates them into familiar tender quietness. Jaejoong doesn’t play along the invitation to lead it further that makes Yunho ends it shortly. The ruler takes it as his cue to remind his consort of who they are to each other.

 “Boo, you know why I married Ara. You know I didn’t want to do it but you asked me to. You know I love you more than anyone in Cair. I don’t take you just as my consort. I take you as my equal in everything. Don’t keep things from me, please.”

Jaejoong kisses the ruler’s cheek. “I know, your majesty. I know and can’t thank you enough for it. I do not keep things from you anymore, Yun. I’d learned hard about it.”

      “You use that formal addressing again.” Yunho accuses.

      “I must get accustomed to call you formally from now on. Cair will welcome an heir or heiress soon, Yun. I have to keep good examples for it.”

      “Not when we are alone.” Yunho demands. “I’ve had enough ignorances from people. I’ve yet gained our people and friends’ trust I need you to see me just as Yunho for you.”

Jaejoong the cheeks. “You can’t be just a Jung Yunho, your majesty.”

      “I’m going to really leave your bed.” Yunho threatens.

Jaejoong grins. “I would understand.”

      “You naughty Kim!” Yunho scowls in rising irritation. “Now tell me what you’ve been thinking. Don’t drag Ara’s pregnancy anymore, I won’t buy it.”

Jaejoong takes some breaths. “Juno or general Young is blessed with a son, your majesty. The royal queen is also expecting an heir or heiress of Cair soon. I was just thinking.. “ Jaejoong squeezes the ruler’s hand. “Just my two cent, Yun. Is it okay for me to send some gifts to Juno? For the newly born Zhangs’ future Aventador?”

Yunho notices the uncertainty in his consort’s tone.

      “I mean.. Juno is one of my far relatives. He’s also Vinth bearer besides Aventador Mars. They gave us Vinth, Yun.. “Jaejoong bites his lips not wanting to upset his husband with his thoughts.

      “You want to send gifts for the Zhangs’ baby?”

      “My far far far nephew.” Jaejoong’s eyes meet the bolster, unable to look back at the ruler’s eyes. “I would like to congratulate him personally. Not as Cair’s consort but as a Kim to a Kim, if you don’t mind.”

      “He’s not a mere Kim for the Zhangs just like you are not a mere Kim here either, boo. The Zhangs and Cair are not on too solid ground right now. ”

      “That’s why I need to wait for the right moment to ask for your permission.” Jaejoong says in lower tone. “I was thinking to wait till Ara delivers your heir to bring this subject up. By then, the league wouldn’t be too minded celebrating the baby’s arrival and I could send my gift personally to Juno.” He explains. “I need to return Junsu’s earring too. He said I could keep it with me for good in his letter yet I really want to return it to him. That’s the least I could do to fix things between us.”

Yunho is quiet for quite a while.

      “You realize Nana said we’re going to send gifts to the Zhangs, don’t you?”

Jaejoong blinks. He doesn’t remember Nana’s words. “Oh.” His expression changes. It pulls him to the earth faster than light. Nana’s words. You are going to send gifts to the Zhangs soon. Why doesn’t it cross his mind before? jaejoong is only thinking about Juno, his newly born infant and Junsu’s earring. He really should use better thought before bugging his husband with something downright frivolous and irrelevant. “Nevermind then. Consider I didn’t say a thing about Junsu’s letter. It’s just a letter anyway.”

      “No, Boo.” Yunho cups his consort’s chin. A sudden idea dawns on him. “I think you’re right. Ara gets her wish granted thanks to the Zhangs. We should share the good news with them.”

Jaejoong’s doe eyes blink in fast repetition. “It’s not about Ara…

      “It is not all about Ara, I see, boo, but sending gift on your personal account wouldn’t do good for the league. I would propose this tomorrow. Let’s see if they could say no to Ara. Let’s see this as our sincere will to warm up our cold floor with the Zhangs.”

--

Yoochun, Il woo, Siwon and MinHo are having lunch treat in the Lee’s manor. The news of Yunho sending two delegations to the Zhangs spreads faster than lit candle in a dark room. Most Cair citizens are worried and questioning of the ruler’s decision. They can’t forget the incident happened two years ago though it’s widely known that the Zhangs wasn’t fully at fault for it. Still..

      “That taken carrel replied the consort’s letter and whoosh.. things happen.” Siwon comments. “Two years none ever thought of reconciling with the Zhangs after Yunho’s failed visit yet one single letter opens door for welcomed future possibilities. I really need to meet this carrel.”

      “Over someone’s thirsty sword first, Wonnie.” Il Woo laughs. “Heechul would do better than you meeting Hanxi.”

      “Yeah. That carrel is a Kim. I shouldn’t have forgotten that.” Siwon makes a face.

      “You’re still sour with Hanxi?”

      “He’s the cause of my elite squad’s loss.” Siwon grunts. “Aside from that stupid head ex General Mack but that old empty head had paid for his share. This carrel-

      “Hanxi.” Yoochun reminds the prince. “He has a name, Siwon.”

      “Kim Junsu.” Siwon scoffs. “I know alright.”

Il woo and Yoochun exchange silent knowing glances.

      “Siwon is right.” Minho chimes in. “Why sending thank you gifts now? Yunho could have had done it before if it’s really the case. He had met the Zhangs himself too. He could present the gifts then, why just now?”

      “Good timing?” Yoochun proposes. “His sore travel to the Zhangs was a must, gentlemen. It had to be done to prevent further possible damages after what we did to their ship. If he didn’t do so, imagine the chaos and riots we could have had to deal up to date.”

      “Good timing for the letter?”

      “The letter brings the good timing?” Yoochun twists the sentence. He and Il woo are fully aware of Junsu’s significant role of what’s going to come now and very soon but the others aren’t. Il woo, Yoochun and Changmin are the only people knowing about Nana’s unpublished foreseeing. “I think it’s a wise move. The Zhangs celebrate the new family member’s arrival and we are anticipating one soon too. Nothing is such a good timing for reconciling good relationship but this fortunate blessing. People tend to be more thankful and forgiving when they are happy. Aren’t we too?”

      “We shouldn’t be involved with the Zhangs at the first place.” Minho sighs. “But it’s..

      “Happened for a reason.” Il woo shrugs. “At least the league didn’t pester Yunho and Ara anymore for giving Cair a future prince or princess though the impact of it is beyond imaginable.”

      “Yeah.” Siwon agrees. “I’m glad I weren’t Yunho. My consort had hard time after the Zhangs incident. Can’t imagine how Yunho dealt with it in his place.”

      “All the Kims do.”

      “Not my Kims.” Yoochun sneers. “They are safe and sound with me. They know nothing of political matters. None dares saying a thing to them.”

      “You should lead your own kingdom, Chun.” Siwon grimaces.

      “I do and am doing it.” Yoochun cackles. “My house is my kingdom. Less drama. Less conflict and yes authority you can’t find it better anywhere else.”

MinHo cringes. “I do hope Nana would meet your equal soon.”

      “There’s always enough room for another challenge in my bed.”

Siwon rolls his eyes. “Talking about challenge, did Changmin send himself in the delegated crew or what? I haven’t seen him around the palace, Arena or Cair borders these three days.”

      “Ah.” Il woo nods. “He did it.”

      “Yeah.” Yoochun confirms. “I cornered Zeke yesterday. That butler didn’t openly say Changmin did it but his too careful gestures just said yes.”

      “Did what?”

      “He didn’t smuggle himself in the delegation ship, didn’t he?”

      “No.” Yoochun grins. “It’s more like he hijacked the ship. He jumped onto it on the last minute. Yunho must have been very upset hearing this but he quietly issued an assignment letter a day after.”

      “Assignment?”

      “Head general Shim the second.” Il woo says.

      “I see.” Siwon understands. “So Yunho quietly issued a royal duty for Changmin in case head general Shim demands good explanation of his son’s whereabouts. Wise move. Head general Shim’s expertise is foreign affairs. Hope it would buy time for Yunho from his wrath. The Shims have quite an army base support up till now. Even more after Changmin slay his sword right and left.”

      “Let’s hope he doesn’t wreck havoc there this time. It would be ugly disaster for both us and the Zhangs.”

      “He wouldn’t.” Yoochun’s lips corner twitch. “He’ll be busy combing every corner of the Zhangs’ land looking for his carrel. He’ll have no time to think or do anything else but seeing Kim Junsu.”

Either Cair sends him there or the Zhangs land their ship here.

--

The chilling night air whistles nearly soundlessly in empty corridors. There’s no standing on duty guards in every corner of the wide old yet valiant building that might indicating its function as the Zhangs’ head quarter. The maids, butlers, servants and any other involved people in the keeping of the antique head quarter are all resting in peace. Intruders, thieves, robbers, conmen and all have long learned that the quarter is as good as Egypt ancient grave full of traps and deceiving turns. Even if they put time learning and planning the way in/out of the head quarter, they still have to face several high profile fighters who pop up unexpectedly before them anytime any moment. That, if they are lucky enough Aventador Cassius isn’t in the head quarter. And, if they are even luckier Aventador Mars gives them enough time to manage whatever they have taken/stolen/robbed from the antique building. None of the Zhangs’ merchants are willing to buy the stolen goods however good or cheap it is. it’s their unspoken unwritten rule that they return the Aventa and Aventador’s good effort maintaining their lands’ wellness with respect and love. Besides, there’s not much to steal from the old antique building aside from its hung old framed large nature paintings, food supply, kitchen ware, or weapons.

One shadow suddenly appears in the quiet corridor. He lands smoothly on the marble floor without a sound then walks casually heading to one particular direction. His pace is fast for someone who walks leisurely yet soundlessly. His shadow disappears in one second and reappears few minutes later carrying thick cloth in his right hand. He walks on to his destination, knowing by experiences that he’s heading to the right place. His ghost pace slows nearing the right turn at the end of the long empty corridor. He takes left turn in slower pace following the exposed path before him. There are three different turns and circle path before he finally stops his feet. He finds what he’s looking for. As usual.

Junsu jerks up from his zoning out posture feeling the draped soft warming night blanket over his shoulder that wraps his figure up well to his toes. It must be this person. Who else could find his hideout other than his step cousin and this certain Aventador. This one is well known for his expertise finding people and things. Junsu has proven it so frequent if not all the time during his stay in the Zhangs’ land. Juno is sleeping next to his son’s cradle right now, too tired cooing and adoring his son all day so it goes to the other option.

      “Mars..”

The mentioned name simply smiles at the now cocooned in blanket Junsu. “It’s already half past one in the morning, Junsu. You should at least rest your eyes for a little sleep.”

Junsu unwraps the blanket on him, extended the softness and warmth of the fabric with the man standing beside him. “I just woke up. Can’t go back sleeping.”

Mars takes the shared blanket, never is he able to refuse anything Junsu does for him. Never. “Nightmare again?” He doesn’t pull them closer though he’s very itchy to do so.

Junsu shakes his head slowly. “No. Not nightmare. Just weird dream.”

      “Hm?” Mars stares at the gleaming moon reflection on Junsu’s complexion. What a sight. What a hearty sight he wants to keep for the rest of their lives together. “What dream? The ocean?”

Junsu doesn’t want to answer. He points his finger at the ground below them presenting hundreds or thousand tiny light dancing amidst the darkness of the night. “It’s always so beautiful.” He says. “Never ceases to amaze me how those dots of light illuminate your land.”

Mars lets it be. Junsu would tell him about the dream later on his own will. “It is, indeed, beautiful.” Though he doesn’t think so till Junsu changes his view about the night scenery. “It’s the light showing  our people are sleeping in peace. They deserve good rest after long day working for living.”

Junsu turns his head a bit. “How about you? You hardly sleep.” His eyes are clear like the night air. “And not in bed like normal people either.”

Mars chuckles. “People always stare at me when I’m sleeping.” He risks a second brushing shoulder against Junsu’s. “You have known it from the start.”

      “That’s because you are weird.” The eyes give Mars funny look. “None would take it as sleeping because you jump out scaring people out of their skulls when they just need to assure that you are indeed sleeping.”

Mars shrugs. “Habits.” Their shoulders brush again for three seconds. “I was taught to never leave my guard off at all times includes sleeping. My father and teacher made me so.”

      “But all the times?” Junsu’s eyebrows furrowed.

      “Hey..” Mars softly nudges Junsu’s elbow. “You should worry about your troubled sleep more, dear Junsu.” The smile is genuine and true. “I sleep whenever I could find time and place to sleep. But you..” The aventador looks back into the clear beady eyes. “You shall rest well, Junsu. It’s enough for me knowing you sleep without worry, okay?”

Junsu breathes very low and deep realizing how close they are now. Their shoulders are against each other. Their faces are just centimeters apart though Mars does nothing else but smiling and looking into his eyes. The long blanket Mars carried for him is now protecting both of their bodies from the night’s chill air. The quiet atmosphere, the dance of light view below them, it’s all saying the whole unsaid letters between them. How often Mars has found him at odd hour of night when Junsu couldn’t sleep again? How often the Aventador seen by his eyes out of nowhere by surprise? How often Mars keeps him company in the oddest places and times?

      “I’m fine, Mars.”

      “Yes. You are.” Mars suppresses the protest in his heart. “Otherwise I won’t be here with you.”

      “You shouldn’t come finding me.” Junsu returns the smile.

      “Who said I was looking for you?” Mars humors the beady clear eyes. “Was finding a cozy spot to sleep, you know. Why do you think I bring my blanket with me? You just happen to get here before me, Junsu. Always do.” Mars scrunches his nose. “Whenever I feel like sleeping somewhere good, you are always there first. Can’t you just sleep in your bed and leave these cool undetected spots for me?”

They both know the genuine reason.

      “The ocean was blue and green.” Junsu starts. Mars isn’t just an Aventador for the Zhangs. He’s also the peace-holder, the leading general, the ghost guard, the clown, the mood maker, the unpredictable joker, the black horse as well as the sweetheart of the Zhangs’ too. He never labels people from their skin and look because he uses the multi tribe backgrounds of the Zhangs’ as his own skin. He never bares his weapon in front of children and women unless the two said group are in danger. He hardly stays in the head quarter moving from land to land assuring his people’s wellness in accordance of finding and solving problems yet he’s been lingering around everywhere Junsu goes these one and half years. He’s been spending more and more time in Windheart, longer than anyone could remember, for Junsu though he uses Juno’s baby son as the excuse. “I saw people swimming and calling.”

      “Calling you?”

      “Calling something, I couldn’t remember.” Junsu negates. “I saw long thing sharp blade thrown to the sea. I woke up soon after that.”

Mars has to hold himself back by force not to side hug Junsu. “Blade?”

      “Not too clear.”

      “It disturbed you.” Mars inhales hard to calm the rising anger in him. “What do we do with your dreams, Junsu. You keep on having weird dreams after you took that b***** arrow for me.”

      “Mars.” Junsu warns the Aventador. “Can’t you just leave it?”

      “It’s always in the ocean.” Mars goes on. “The ship, the arrow, the high tide, the fire..

      “Mars..” Junsu reaches the Aventador’s hand. “Leave it please. I didn’t take the arrow on purpose. I didn’t know they’d pull an ambush on you. I just happened to be there. Please leave it. It’s months already.”

How can I forget that day, Junsu? I was walking in haste to find you. I was calling you back to your cabin knowing something was deadly wrong but I was too late. I was there before you when you threw Zax and me aside to take cover from the sudden attack. You warned us but you didn’t warn yourself. I didn’t remember a thing when I saw the shooting arrows aiming for me and Zax. All I remember is you moved forward pushing my arm and you fell from the ship the second after. I would never forget that day. I would never forget the red fluid staining the sea water where your body dived down. I remember holding a spear ripping off those s***b*** for wounding me and my people. I remember swimming into the sea to find your body. I remember hard salty water filling my throat and lung. I remember swimming deeper and deeper looking and calling for you. I remember being so angry, so furious, so enraged that I cursed the most forbidden swearing onto the sea. I remember seeing your cold body and badly bleeding chest. I remember screaming your name on and on. I remember begging and crying for you to come back. I remember the days I felt I lost you for good. It was days I couldn’t bear to go through for the second time. I remember it freshly like it just happened yesterday whenever I see your eyes looking into me.

      “Mars.” Junsu calls again. The aventador’s hands are stiff and stoned. The very same unmistakably pained look when Mars recalling the arrow incident is transparent and raw. “Your face looks funny.” Junsu touches Mars’ nose with his free fingers. “Come on. I think we’d better go back. It’s getting colder here.”

Mars catches Junsu’s hand touching his nose. “I’ll keep the ocean away from you.”

      “Not the ocean.” Their blanket slides down of their shoulders. “Ocean is like home for me.”

Mars leans slowly forward placing a soft lips touch on Junsu’s forehead. “I wish I could be your ocean.”

Junsu holds his breaths out of habit. It’s not the first time Mars kisses his head or cheeks yet he still reacts the exact statue like way when someone touches him.

      “I wish I could be your ocean.” Mars repeats in whisper. “I would swim with you in its depth and width. Finding a home together.”

Junsu has no answer for that. He has heard it more than four times. His better conscience tells him to do something about the sincere will and confession but his heart is void from any possible call back.

      “Let’s go back.” Mars fixes the blanket all to Junsu. “It’s not too late to catch a little sleep before the baby wakes up the whole world.” He plants another soft peck on Junsu’s right cheek. Mars knows Junsu needs time and everything else to see him the way he wishes Junsu to see. He knows Junsu isn’t turning him down as well as not accepting him let alone returning his heart but Mars would make the day come to them. People say he is good in finding things and people. He has found Junsu for himself. All he has to do is finding Junsu’s heart.

      “You are staying?” Junsu asks when Mars doesn’t show any sign of leaving his bed chamber. It’s one of the four largest bed chambers in the building that originally assigned to Mars but since the arrow incident, Mars makes Junsu occupy it on his behalf.

      “You said I couldn’t sleep like normal people, didn’t you?” Mars lays his back on the long couch on the opposite row from the bed. “You’re wrong.”

Junsu brings one of the fluff pillows to the couch for the Aventador. “Normal people sleep with this, Aventador.” He inserts the pillow between Mars’ head and the couch carefully. “Sleep.” He the aventador’s hair shortly before walking back to bed.

And normal me wouldn’t be able sleeping in a large room knowing someone else is awake probably watching or staring at me but I don’t mind it at all if that one person is you, Junsu, Mars closes his eyes. He sleeps in peace knowing Junsu is in the room with him, keeping him company and keeping people away from disturbing his sleep. Mars knows Junsu will quietly ask the maids or people not to enter his chamber till Mars wakes up. It’s been a shared common knowledge for the head quarter’s occupants that Mars is resting well in Junsu’s (his too, right?) chamber when the Kim ask them to make least noise in the morning.

It’s one undeniable proof that their Aventador loves this Kim man.

--

The baby nephew squirms happily in Junsu’s arms. Vaya likes the sight of either Mars or Junsu holding her son every morning bathing the spoiled baby with young sun light. Her son already knows well which one is Mars (mostly staying still eye wide at the Aventador), his father (screeching non stop while Juno is carrying him. giving orders, maybe?), and Junsu (laughing and making baby noise while clutching on the step uncle’s chin or front robe). She never expects Mars would spend that much time for her son and in Windheart but well.. it’s Junsu.

      “Are you warm enough, prince?” Junsu nuzzles his nose onto the baby’s. “Should we greet your great papa now?”

The baby eyes the man in happy smiling eyes; mouth opens wide making incoherent baby noise.

      “Come here.” Juno approaches his son and step cousin. “How come he behaves so well with you and not with me?”

Junsu turns around, eyes and lips showing the same smile. “He knows you are going to preach soon.” He hands the baby to the father who soon coos and kisses the protesting baby.

      “To Aventa Maya’s house today?” Juno tickles the baby’s ear. “With Zax or Seth?”

      “Anyone is fine.” Junsu’s little finger is held by the baby. “I can take care of myself well, Juno. Please don’t bother anyone to do ridiculous watch over me.”

      “I did.” Juno rocks the baby slowly. “Everyone did. But someone is really stubborn.”

      “You didn’t say a thing about people treating me like cotton candy.” Junsu says flatly.

      “You know how people listen to Mars.” Juno wants to smack his step cousin’s head. “It’s not like it’s bad thing, Su. We know you are more than capable of knocking assailants down by yourself in no time but it’s better to be careful. We’d prefer to deal with bad attacks than Mars’ anger.”

      “He’s just overreacting.” Junsu scrunches his nose in disapproval. “I understand Mars is being a buffer but why do you and people let him do it?”

The baby lets out a high long shriek from his father’s playful fingers.

      “I think you have lived with us long enough to know the impact of Mars’ words.”

Junsu does. “It’s not fair for other people. I’m just a common person like everybody else in Windheart and the whole four lands citizens but I get different treatment.”

      “Perhaps God is making up to the years Cair treated you before?”

Junsu gives his nephew’s father a bad look. “You are no help at all.”

Juno holds a thin smile back on his lips. Mars doesn’t have to say out loud how important Junsu is to him which means to the Zhangs too since Mars is the Zhangs’ eyes and hands. They all know Junsu is equal to Mars for them. Mars is their beloved knight slash Aventador slash protector slash mood maker slash strength which puts Junsu automatically in the same spot. Junsu isn’t a Kim here, Juno’s relative, but he is the owner of Mars’ heart, Mars’ happiness that reflect the whole country’s wellness and peace.

      “Junsu has left?”

Zax nods solemnly at the Aventador.

      “Why are you here then? I saw Young and Seth heading to our coast this morning. Who went with Junsu to Autumn Land?”

      “Etto left with him, Aventador. He refused my company.”

Etto? Mars frowns. Etto is their messenger. He’s good fighter but he’s way below Junsu. if things happen on the way to Autumn Land, Junsu would jump first into the fight before Etto does.

      “He carried your usual blade too.” Zax quickly adds seeing the grim expression on their Aventador’s look. “He asked me to deliver this to you in case you ask. Your blade is more frightening than storm and hurricane combined together.”

Mars has to smile at that. “I’ll leave to Maya’s house after nightfall. Alone.” The Aventador’s eyes warn his second in command hand. “Let’s go.”

 

Afternoon comes first before nightfall. Juno and Seth return to the head quarter two hours after noon. Juno slides down from his horse in haste then half runs to his wife’s work chamber. Seth is also in fast motion finding Aventador Mars or Cassius. It’s better Mars first than latter.

      “What’s going on?” Vaya rises from her seat. The baby is taking a nap in a cradle next to her working table. “Why are you running, Young?” She goes to her husband’s panting figure. Her eyes narrow for comprehension of the possible reasons of her husband’s running figure.

      “We are receiving guests.” Juno informs after his breaths are in better rhythm. “Two big royal ships are harboring into our land soon. I’ve just got the relayed message from our alliance tower guard in Brierrie.”

      “Guests? Royal ships?”

Juno hasn’t had chance to explain further when another tall figure steps in to the Aventa’s work chamber uninvited.

      “Where’s Mars?” The voice demands immediate answer. “Where’s him? Better hold those ships off of our shore before Mars approves of their visit.”

      “Cassius.” Vaya looks at the other Aventador past Juno’s shoulder. “What royal ships need Mars’ approval to come to our land? If it’s one of the less friendly ones, our alliances would have flipped them down before they even reach Brierrie’s border. Your approval is more important than Mars’, Cass!”

Then it dawns on the Aventa’s brain that there’s only one nation has potentials provoking Mars’ peaceful personality.

      “Cair royal ships?”

Both of her husband and the Aventador’s facial expressions confirm Vaya’s accurate questions. The Aventa quickly holds her husband’s arm for support. Cair comes to them. This could be either bad or good thing. Bad because Mars is sensitive in everything related to Junsu, good because.. Aventa Maya told them that Junsu’s frequent weird dreams somehow connected to Cair.

      “I’ll welcome them myself.” Vaya decides. “Please find Mars as soon as possible. We can’t hold off Cair royal ships on the sea for too long they’ll see it as restriction or rejection. We can’t afford thorny misunderstanding with Cair anymore.”