A different Jiwoo

Silky Diamonds (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's pov:

 

"Sweetie, aren't you going to eat dinner?" Jiwoo's mom yelled from downstairs, buckling Jisang in his chair so that the little child wouldn't fall off.

Jiwoo looked at her door, taking a big breath.

"I"m not hungry mom!" she spoke loud enough for her mom to hear her before her eyes travelled to Onew again, the male ghost sitting on the ground with his legs crossed together, back leaning against Jiwoo's bedpost.

"That black shadow will still be in the classroom." he muttered, making Jiwoo shiver from the thought of having an evil spirit in the same space as her.

"A-are you sure? We never saw it before... Maybe it will disappear?" Jiwoo tried to think positive but that was  thrown away when she saw Onew shaking his head accompanied with a deep sigh.

"I'm afraid it won't. It must have been a weak one before suddenly getting so big. If I go to school, I'll be in danger but I can't stay far away from you." Onew tried to explain, putting everything in a row to make Jiwoo understand better.

The senior sighed, followed by a desperate grumble.

"That black shadow saw me today and he saw me staying in your presence... He knows that I'm follownig you." Onew gasped, running his fingers through his hair, making it quite a mess.

Jiwoo bit her lips, trying to take deep breaths thrrough her nose, an attempt to calm herself down.

Though she couldn't see this black shadow with her own eyes, just seeing Onew panicking is already making her fear enough to call school and tell them she wasn't planning to go to school anymore.

"But I'm obligated to attend class...!" Jiwoo cried out. "I can't avoid school forever."

Onew hummed, nodding his head.

"There is a solution... but not really..." Onew said, hesitating, his face becoming darker.

"What is it?" Jiwoo asked, eyebrows knitting together in a frown.

"It's not a good idea. Let's jsut call school to tell that you're not feeling well." Onew said quickly, shaking his head.

Jiwoo frowned deeper, a grumble leaving her lips.

"Tell me, you stupid ghost!" Jiwoo hissed, surprising Onew with her threatening glare.

He bit his lips and looked around, everywhere but Jiwoo's eyes.

"I...You...w-we can... I can...possess...you." Onew said hesitantly, not sure if he even wanted to say those words out loud to Jiwoo, just a simple high school senior.

Jiwoo's eyes widened, jaw almost falling off.

"Wha...how?" she asked, a voice trembling slightly.

Onew looked at Jiwoo before looking down, playing with his fingers because of his nervousness and unsureness.

"I...A ghost can't get any...closer than possessing...a person. That black shadow won't be able...to swallow me either because I'm attached to your body. He can't possess you either because you're already possessed...by me...B-but it's not a g-good id-idea!" Onew said after explaining, shaking his head furiously.

Jiwoo stared silently in front of her, letting Onew's words sink in, trying to understand everything, deep in thoughts.

Everytime she thought she knew what she wanted to say, she closed her lips again, pressing them tightly together, eyes looking left and right, unsure where to look.

'Possess...? Let myself get possessed...? Who in their right mind will let a ghost use their bodies?!' Jiwoo thought.

"It isn't safe either." Onew muttered, regaining Jiwoo's attention.

"Why?" she asked, curious as to why even Onew thought it wasn't such a good idea.

"I told you that I have possessed before, right?" Onew asked, getting a nod from Jiwoo before he continued. "It was in the beginning when I didn't know much. When a ghost possesses someone, they get addicted to the feeling of living again. It doesn't suddenly appear, but it's like a drug to ghosts. You do it one time and get curious to do it again and you try again and again and again. Till there is no point of return." the male ghost tried to explain, Jiwoo trying to let everything sink in.

"Is that...how you become a dark shadow?" Jiwoo asked, not raelly sure if she even wanted to know that.

Onew shook his head, looking at his fingers that were intertwined.

He uncrossed his legs and stretched them before pulling one knee up.

"You become a dark shadow when you're feeding on the negativity in this world. When you stay too long you'll lose rasionality. It can start with possessing people though. In the end they become black shadows and latch on people to feed themselves." Onew sighed, clamping his hands together.

'Is...Onew going to become like that too?' Jiwoo asked herself, getting slightly scared. Not only because he could go crazy and beserk and become evil but also because she didn't want him to not be himself anymore.

"How long...have you been a ghost again?" Jiwoo asked, trying to search for Onew's eyes, looking into his brown orbs when he lifted his head to look at her.

"I...don't remember. A few years perhaps?" he shrugged, pushing himself off the floor. Let's not do this. You can ask Kibum to keep notes for you, right?" 

Jiwoo nodded.

"Yeah, but he can't do that for the rest of the year..." 

Onew tried to smile but decided not to do so, walking towards the window.

"Let's try it."

Onew snapped his head back to the high school senior, his eyes big and his mouth wide open.

"What are you saying?!" Onew gasped loudly.

"Let's try it. Just for one day."

"Are you crazy?" Onew sighed heavily, throwing his hands in the air.

Jiwoo snorted, brushing her hair away from her face.

"I need to graduate unlike those who have passed away already. And... I trust you."

onew frowned, looking at the girl in front of him.

"How can you trust me so easily?" he asked, disliking her carefree attitude.

"Because it's you, because you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter