A Charm Bracelet out of this World

Silky Diamonds (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiwoo's POV:

 

"Park Jiwoo student, read page 15."

I stood up and took my book. My eyes searched for the beginning of the text and once I found it, I began to read.

"People believed that when humans died, they would have to pass a river to go to the other world. It's a place of high grass and foggy air. Once the soul arrived near the river, a grim reaper, also known as a death angel, would guide the soul to the other side. No one knows what that other side is but it's believed that the boat the soul sits in would bring it to the netherworld."

I cleared my throat before I continued.

"There, the souls would lead new lives. Other people also believed that the soul waits for it to be reincarnated while some also think that it just disappears completely. Humans tried to find answers for the questions around death. As dead people can't talk, they can't tell those living, what actually happens to them. Because of this, many stories were given birth to and humans decided to believe in these 'answers' they found for themselves."

"You can stop there. Kim Kibum student, continue."

I breathed out slowly as I sat back down, my mind somewhere else.

Spring started and so did a new school year. The last one in high school actually. 

The sun rays touched my left cheek, warming up my face. 

I'm finally a high school senior and though it's my last year, it's one that should be filled with many events. 

"Don't forget to search up some information about death." the teacher announced after the bell rang, a sign for him to wrap up his class. He organizes his books and left the classroom.

"So depressing." Kibum muttered, making me chuckle lightly.

"Don't laugh. It's so depressing to learn this. Can't we just study something about life instead of that after dying?" he muttered uncomfortable.

I shrugged, closing my textbook and standing up. Stretching my arms high in the air, a soft yawn escaped me.

"It's not like they're real." I said.

Kibum frowned a bit, shaking his head.

"You never know Jiwoo. Anyways let's head out."

I nodded, quickly packed my stuff and walked out of the classroom with Kibum.

Kim Kibum.

My best friend since elementary school.

Somehow we became friends after both of us joined a summer camp back then. Guess once you're friends with Kim Kibum, you stay friends.

"How about we go eat out with the guys?" he asked, fixing his hair that was slowly getting messy because of the wind that obviously hated his hairstyle.

"Sure." I beamed.

The others.

Our other friends.

Kim Jonghyun and Choi Minho. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter