07

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Aerin waved him goodbye after getting out from his car right in front of the hospital. Right before they had their meal, she already changed her clothes with the set Chanyeol brought for her since it might be uncomfortable for people around her to see her dress. She quickly went to the lift on the side, casually avoiding people, and pushed the number six. The girl managed to see the doctor before going back to the room.

She took a peek inside from the small glass on the door when she arrived in front of the room the man was treated. He was still on his bed, probably sleeping. As the doctor updated her on the man’s condition, he said that he would need one or two days more before he could go back home. Aerin also asked the doctor if anyone came to see him but the doctor only shook his head, indicating that no one really came. The girl gently opened the door, pushing it slightly just enough for her to go in quietly so that she wouldn’t wake him up.

The man—who was actually not sleeping—saw the girl coming inside his room from his peripheral vision. She really did come again, he thought. On her hand was a basket full of fruits which she immediately placed inside the refrigerator. Yeah, this ward was that luxurious. Sehun spent his time looking around his room when she was away. On the side right beside the door, a really nice couch was provided. He could also find a refrigerator, a wide LED TV—which he already tried to watch a movie from—stacked on the wall across his bed so he could watch it comfortably. He didn’t feel like living in a hospital ward actually, the only thing made him realised he was in the hospital was because he couldn’t move his arm.

She moved to the side and put her bag down on the table before pulling out a book. Didn’t want to get caught staring at her, Sehun continued pretending to be asleep. He still could see her taking out an apple and a pear and sat on the luxurious couch—which he was sure that it probably cost higher than his and Kyungsoo’s apartment monthly rent—before she started peeling the fruits. Sehun also noticed that she had changed her attire into something more comfortable, a pair of jeans and a warm knitted sweater. Her hair pulled up into a ponytail, tied neatly with a red ribbon, matching with her red flat shoes she was wearing.

“Oh, you’re up?” Aerin startling him when she saw his eyes opened and caught him staring intently at her.

Damn. Embarrassed, he only turned his head to the other side.

Aerin glanced at the clock then to the table where the nurse put down a set of the patient’s dinner and medication. “Haven’t you eaten your dinner?” She said as she rose up from the couch reaching the table. “You need to take the medication.”

“Why are you here again?” Sehun asked her without even bother to look at her. She stopped on her track and turned to face him. Her hands were folded on her chest, one of her eyebrows raising up, obviously getting annoyed by his attitude.

“For your information, Sir,” She put a nice pressure on her last word. “I am not that rude to just leave someone that eventually hurt because of me, when I don’t even know how to contact his family because he refused to give any information about himself.” Surprisingly, the girl managed to maintain her pitch under a normal tone. She started to peel the wrapper from the tray.

He scoffed. “I already told you I can do it by myself.”

“Fine then, do it.” The girl pushed the tray back to the table. Her words hit him right in his guts, realizing that he couldn’t even lift his right arm. He just stayed silent—took her some minutes until she finally heaved a sigh, turning her heels back to the table and brought the tray to his bed. She took out the folded table from its place and put down the tray on it before adjusting the bed to a sitting position so he could eat comfortably. “So stubborn,” Aerin murmured. She went back and slumped herself on the couch, ready to drown on the page she was about to read.

Sehun remained unmoving on the bed with a set of meal, a glass of milk and plain water, and also a plate of sliced apple and pear, which were arranged neatly on the table above his bed. Sometimes he stole a glance at the girl whose attention already full on the book she was holding. Sehun was contemplating whether to take the meal or just leave it there untouched. But truthfully, he was starving. He lifted up his hand to reach the spoon, but in no time he just clenched it into a fist. I won’t eat until she left, he thought. He brought his hand back to the side of his stiffen body and looking away.

Aerin quietly brought her book down under her eye level so she could peek on the boy lying down on the bed tiles away from her. She saw him probably trying to take the spoon, but in the end pulling his hand back to his side. Tsk, what an ignorant man, she thought. Realising that he wouldn’t even bother to ask for her help, she casually brought her attention back to the chapter she was reading.

Almost an hour and half already passed since the girl put the meal down on the table, yet the man still leave it untouched. Every once in a while, he still glanced at the girl whom surprisingly seems like didn’t really care about him, but remained staying inside the room. And that somehow annoyed him. As his stomach couldn’t hold it anymore, he finally decided to just eat even when the girl was still there. His stomach let out a strange sound which made him embarrassed. Once again, Sehun stole a peek at the girl to see if she was paying any attention on him. Didn’t know if he should feel disappointed or else, the man just looked away when he found out that she was still busy with her book.

Sehun tried to lift his injured hand which still felt a bit numb. With a bit of struggle, he took the stainless steel and started spooning the soup inside the bowl. Slowly and carefully, he brought it to his mouth. The first attempt was a success, and he smiled to himself although he felt a slight pain on his injured part. He brought the spoon back, now to the rice bowl for the second try. He bent a bit trying to close the distance, and that was when he suddenly felt an intense stinging pain on his shoulder. The spoon he was holding fell down on the floor with a loud clank, startling the girl who was pretending to be busy with herself. The rice were all scattered on his bed and on the floor. He sighed in defeat, expecting some annoying words from the girl, while holding the piercing pain on his back.

Aerin put her book down on the table as she heard the loud clanking of the spoon on the floor. She took some pieces of tissues before walking to the bed and bent down to the place where the rice was all scattered. The girl calmly cleaned the mess the man had made. Sehun gulped, she didn’t say anything but calmly cleaning everything. When she finished with the mess on the floor, she rose up and started to clean the mess on his bed, but he suddenly grabbed her hand.

“It’s okay, I can do it.” Sehun said, quickly released his grip when he saw her looking at his unmannered hand.

She stopped and looked at him in the eyes. “Wasn’t this enough as a proof that you need help?” She asked him with a calm tone. Aerin knew he was hungry but she let him try to eat by himself. She felt a bit guilty for letting him do so and unintentionally made this mess. “I was just trying to help, Sehun.”

Sehun pressed his lips into a thin line. She was right. The girl was just trying to help, but his pride didn’t let him even when he already knew that he couldn’t do anything with that injured hand. She threw away the dirty tissues and walked back to his bed. A soft shriek could be heard when the bed was pressed with her light weight. She sat on the edge of the bed and took the bowl and the spoon.

“I can eat using my left hand,” Sehun suddenly stopped her. “I was just testing.” He said, thinking that the girl probably about to feed him.

While spooning the rice and pour some soup on it, the girl said, “My mom said it’s not good to eat with your left hand, unle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter