32

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun slowly turned the wheel into a halt after they reached at the front of a certain building she had pointed from afar. It was a modern building on the other part of the town. It took them some turns into small alleyways before they found it. Aerin memorized the way to go there like the back of her hand, so it didn’t take long to navigate him through the drive. Baekhyun was sure he’s been around this neighbourhood, but he never really paid special attention to this place before. Seoul Royal Ballet, he reads the big board decorated with curvy letters in front of the lobby. He didn’t seem to see a lot of people around probably because it was Sunday.

The man quickly put his left hand on the small of her back as soon as she came out of the car. The gesture, again, made her slightly flustered especially when he offered his right hand for her to hold. Aerin only shook her head with a smile before saying that she could manage. Baekhyun noticed that it wasn’t as bad as before, but she was still slightly limping. The girl who was aware that Baekhyun might be worried, suddenly poked his arm with her fingers. The man looked up and met her smiling eyes. “I’m okay, really. Don’t worry.” She said.

Sighing, Baekhyun answered her. “Honestly though, how could you ask me not to worry when all I see is you limping like this?” The girl only let out a giggle as a reply. Yeah, he was right though.

“Aerin, is that you?”

Their light conversation was interrupted when someone who came out from the building, stopped on her track, noticing someone who was coming after a really long time of absence.

Aerin couldn’t hold the smile that was trying to bloom on her lips. She saw the pretty woman slowly walked to her, and she could feel her eyes started glistening. Aerin smiled widely while trying to hold her eyes from leaking, “Hello, Miss Hani.” Her voice turned shaky from feeling so overwhelmed.

“Oh my god.” The said woman brought her hands to touch the younger’s cheeks before engulfing her into a hug. “Oh my god, it’s really you. My swan princess.” Aerin laughed at the words and hugged the woman back.

“It’s me, Miss Hani.” She said as the older pulled away and patted her cheek lovingly. “How are you, Miss? It’s been a while.”

“It’s not even a while, it’s been too long! I miss you so much, you know. Everyone misses you. It’s really nice to see you again here.” Aerin couldn’t miss the excitement dripping through every word coming from her. “Are you… are you coming back?”

Aerin only smiled at the question, kind of afraid that she would only disappoint the person she respected so much. “I’m not, for now. I still don’t know. Maybe?” Miss Hani smiled at her answer and thought it was already enough to know that the younger was willing to come to this place when she knew it might be hard for her. Miss Hani never knew what was exactly happening. With the unconfirmed news here and there about the accident, about her mental health, she couldn’t even do anything because there was no one she could really ask about it. The higher ups only said to everyone that their prima ballerina would take an indefinite hiatus.

“It’s okay,” Miss Hani patted her shoulder. “It’s already so nice to see you coming back here. Come inside?” She asked.

“Oh, aren’t you going home?” Aerin asked back because she noticed that the older already brought her equipment bag.

“Why would I go home when my favourite prima ballerina is here after a long time? Come, come inside. Miss Yuri and Miss Jina is still practicing inside.” Miss Hani told her excitedly. “Oh, and hello, who is this gentleman?” She beamed at Baekhyun when she realised that he’s been silently standing there with them.

The girl gasped, realising that they had been too engrossed in each other that she forgot Baekhyun was there with them. “Ah, sorry, I forgot to introduce you. Miss Hani, this is Baekhyun. Baekhyun, this is Miss Hani, my favourite ballet teacher.” The teacher smiled widely, offering her hand which the younger man welcomed instantly.

“It’s nice to see you, Miss Hani.”

The teacher quickly brought them inside to meet the other teachers which were still having some practices inside the building. The others? They all screamed in excitement and disbelief as soon as they saw the girl coming in. Baekhyun could see how much the teachers adored and loved her. They looked sincerely happy to see Aerin again, and the bright sparks on the girl’s eyes told him that she too, was really happy to be back and see them again. They sat in circle to do some catchups, and Baekhyun really didn’t mind being left out of their conversation for once.

“Miss, can I go to my studio?” Aerin carefully asked when they fell into a comfort silent after having some good laughs.

“Oh sure. Wait, let me find the key.” Miss Hani got up and went out to the reception desk. Aerin excused herself from the other teachers with Baekhyun quietly following her behind. “It was kind of shame to leave it unoccupied so sometimes we use it for the trainees. I hope you don’t mind.” Miss Hani said with a sad smile while handing her the keys.

Aerin smiled at her. “It’s okay, really. Thanks, Miss. I’m going to be at the studio for a while.”

“Yes, take your time. You can leave the keys to the security later.” She said, earning a nod from the younger. “I’m going back home, okay? It’s really nice to see you, and I hope to see you again a lot more.” The teacher pulled her into another hug before saying goodbye to both Aerin and Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Aerin and Baekhyun rode the elevator to the fifth floor where the studio was situated at. Baekhyun could see the girl sometimes biting her lip probably out of nervousness so he gently patted her back at least to calm her down. They finally stopped in front of a door which was too familiar for the girl. She carefully put the cardkey on the scanner and heard a beep, indicating that the door was now opened. She felt the nervous wave washed through her body as she gently held the door with her hand. The precious memories came rushing into her brain, making her shiver from the excitement. The girl turned the knob and slowly pushed the door, revealing the very same place that she didn’t realise she had been missing this much.

“So you had this studio only for yourself?” Baekhyun suddenly asked when they stepped inside the room.

Aerin turned her head to him and nodded with a smile. Yes, her mother was the founder of the agency so Aerin had her private studio built for her to practice since the very start. And of course, it inevitably made some people who didn’t like her talked bad behind her back. But everyone always instantly shut up as soon as they see how she danced. The teachers too, was known for never playing favourite towards their student in their professional relationship. Aerin earned what she deserved because she practiced hard. The company uphold this value highly and everyone in the industry acknowledged it.

Baekhyun look around and found a corner with a lot of different pictures of her graceful move, framed and neatly hanged on the wall. The other part of the wall was displaying a lot of her achievement. The man could only gasp in awe although he already knew that the girl was a prodigy and it shouldn’t be surprising.

When Baekhyun turned his head to see the mirror wall, he caught Aerin was far at the other corner, currently sitting down. Her hands were busy tying the ribbon around her feet. The girl already changed her flat into a pair of pointe shoes. A smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter