29

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Baby.” A smile spread on Jongin’s lips when he finally saw the love of his life after being separated for months. He leaned down to capture her lips in a sweet kiss, ignoring the busy people in the airport early in the morning. “I miss you so much,” He whispered, slightly pulling away but still lingered close to her lips.

“Hello, Mr. Super Busy.” She greeted him. Jongin let out a chuckle before ruffling her hair, earning a light slap from the girl. “Are you coming by yourself? Where’s Aerin?”

Jongin took the luggage handle as the girl circled her hand on his arm walking by his side. “Aerin was still sleeping when I checked her this morning. She went out with her friend yesterday she was probably tired. We can see her at home, hm?”

Soo Jung nodded, clearly understand how fragile her boyfriend’s sister was. She never met her before. She only heard about her from Jongin’s story. Soo Jung still remembered how conflicted Jongin was, every time he talked about her, years ago. She knew how much the younger sister meant for him, but he was just blinded by his hatred for things that didn’t go according to his favour. He still couldn’t accept the fate, so he looked for someone to put the blame. And unfortunately, the poor little girl had to be at the other end to accept it, especially with how the unfortunate events kept coming even when Jongin wasn’t around.

Losing both his parents was the peak of everything. Soo Jung was already together with him when Jongin told her that he lost his parents two days prior to his supposed to be happy graduation. She still remembered how crushed Jongin was, but he had to fly back to Korea as soon as he heard the news, and of course had to miss the graduation ceremony. She didn’t know what happened then, but Jongin stopped talking about the little girl. Only then when she accidentally heard the heated conversation between Jongin and his cousin, she found out that the poor little girl survived, but she was suffering from a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Jongin went through drastic changes after the tragedy. Soo Jung noticed it when he went back to London. People in his office became scared of him even more. The sweet Jongin was reserved for her only. But once she carefully mentioned the little girl, Jongin turned into a cold person. He suddenly closed all the access to get into himself. He restrained himself from pouring all his feelings like what he usually did, and Soo Jung didn’t like it one bit. Still, Soo Jung knew he was going through a very hard time, and he didn’t have anyone else to run.

After taking some days to let him cool off, Soo Jung then convinced him to seek for professional help, and, surprisingly and thankfully, Jongin agreed without any fight. The only thing he asked of her was not to tell anyone, especially his cousin about it. And that was how he finally had his own schedule for regular treatment. The girl was glad that their decision brought better days for Jongin. And she has never been happier than the day when Jongin told her that he had finally forgiven himself for everything. He knew he should never put the blame on the little sister when it was always him who was in the wrong.

Soo Jung remembered both of them burst into tears as they talked about everything, as they poured each other’s feeling, not hiding anything. She was really happy. Soo Jung always saw Jongin as a strong person, as someone who could protect her, as someone to seek whenever she needed some warmth. Jongin was the definition of love. She wouldn’t even ask for anything anymore. Because Jongin was more than enough for her. Jongin was more than everything she could ever ask for.

And Soo Jung has never been more excited to finally meet the sweet little girl that always have that special place in Jongin’s heart.

“Babe,” Jongin nudged her arm.

“Eh? What did you say?” She was taken out of her sea of thoughts.

“You’re spacing out. Tired?”

She only shook her head, “I’m just so excited to meet Aerin.” She replied, offering him a genuine smile. Jongin reciprocated the smile, dropping a soft peck on her forehead before pulling the door to the car open and let her in.

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Kim,”

Aerin stirred as she felt a soft nudge on her shoulder. “Ng?” She let out a sound, still closing her eyes but trying to let the other know that she was already awake. She only curled under the blanket more, actually didn’t really want to wake up because she felt really, really tired.

“Mr. Kim said that a guest will come today so he wants you to get freshen up.”

The girl groaned. Who was the guest though? Jongin didn’t tell her anything about it yesterday. She tried to recall any name or any mention of guest that she probably missed out. It surely wasn’t the Byun, of course Baekhyun would already tell her if the family had a plan to come. “Why are you the one who wake me up, Aunt? Where is Oppa?” She mumbled to her pillow.

“Mr. Kim is picking up the guest at the airport, he went out around an hour ago. He said you were still sleeping so he asked me to wake you up.” Aunt Jung said while started to tidy the bed. Aerin forced herself to sit on the bed, stretching her limbs and moaned because it felt really nice to have a good sleep. The girl squinted at the bright light coming in through the wide windows. “Agassi is going to have breakfast with Mr. Kim and the guest, so come on, you need to get ready by the time they come.”

The girl only rolled her eyes. “Fine, Aunt. I understand.” She got up from the bed and dragged herself out to get to her own bathroom.

By the time she finished washing up, Aunt Jung has already finished cleaning her room too. She peeked outside through the window to see if her brother’s car were already there, but no, his car was still nowhere to be seen. The girl went to find her phone on the desk and found two missed calls and one message. The calls were from her brother, and the message came from Baekhyun.

Good morning, Aerin :)   7.42 am

Did you sleep well?   7.42 am

A small smile spread on the girl’s lips, but it was gone just as soon as it came, replaced with a heavy sigh. All this time she did nothing but hurting people, but how did kind people, one like Baekhyun graced her life with their present, she would never understand. Aerin was so grateful to him because she knew she probably would have been going through another episode yesterday if it wasn’t for Baekhyun being there and actually knew how to handle her. Her heart clenched as she remembered how torn she felt that time.

Sehun.

The girl still had no idea what he kept blabbering about. Was it because he was her personal guard? That was totally nonsense. He shouldn’t have started anything that happened between them in the first place. She let out a bitter smile at the recall of them being together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter