30

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

a.n : hi hi, this is a double update, hehe just letting you know in case you missed the previous chapter. happy reading :)

 

 

 

Knock, knock

Soo Jung has just finished washing up when she heard the knocks on the room prepared for her. She just got off of a long flight, and she felt her body ached. It was really nice to have a warm shower to freshen up and relief her sore muscles. She quickly went for the door, didn’t want the owner of the house to wait for too long.

Yes, Jongin was the one standing right in front of the door. She only smiled when the man quietly mouthed ‘Someone was too shy to see you.’ Her eyes went to the small fingers that were gripping the man’s arm, instantly knew who he was talking about. “Hello there,” She greeted softly.

Aerin slowly peeked from the older brother’s right arm as she was hiding behind him the entire time. Yes, she was really excited but at the same time she was too shy. Soo Jung was someone new. Someone she wasn’t familiar with. Aerin was sure that Jongin has talked about her to the girlfriend, but what if she thought of her like how other people do?  What if she thought of her as a sick person who couldn’t even do anything? What if she didn’t like her? A lot of thoughts actually ran around her head since Jongin told her about his girlfriend’s arrival. “Hi, Soo Jung unnie.” Jongin couldn’t help but cooed at how adorable his sister was, which actually earned him a light slap on his arm. Soo Jung could only chuckle watching the two.

“Hello, sweetie.” Soo Jung pulled the girl into a hug. “I’m so glad to finally meet you.” Aerin slightly pulled away and smiled at the older. “Jongin told me a lot about you.”

The younger pouted, “I was kind of sad though I didn’t know you any sooner. I think Jongin oppa doesn’t want to share you, so he never told me anything.” Aerin said, making the older laughed.

“Then… how about we spend our time together for a girl’s day out?” Soo Jung suggested, her eyes went to Jongin teasingly, lips pulled up into a playful smile.

Aerin who caught the playful tone decided to play along, “Yes! Just the two of us, right? With no one else coming?”

“Hey!” Jongin pinched the little sister’s cheek which made her squeal. The girl squirmed and whined, trying to swat Jongin’s hand away. Soo Jung stood between them, could only laughed at the sibling’s antics. 

 

 

 

“So, when’s the wedding?” Aerin grinned, blatantly asking when the three of them were sitting in the dining room after finishing their breakfast. Jongin who was still eating the fruit suddenly choked at the question, making the two girls turned to him, Soo Jung in concern, while Aerin chuckling in delight.

Soo Jung patted his back after giving him a glass of water. Jongin glared at the little sister, “You cannot just casually ask like that.”

The younger only rolled her eyes. “Why? I don’t see anything wrong with the question.” She turned her head to Soo Jung which only smiled at the younger. “Unnie, are you sure you’re going to get married with this weirdo?” Aerin playfully asked Soo Jung, which earned her another pull of her cheek from the older brother. The girl winced in pain, but Soo Jung could only laugh at them adorably.

“I wonder too, though.” Soo Jung frowned, playing along with the little sister’s antics.

“Babe, not you too.” Jongin instantly whined, making both girls laughed.

Soo Jung turned her head to look at the younger before reaching for Aerin’s hand. “You know, when he proposed to me, I told him there’s this one thing that I really want to do before both of us make it official.” Soo Jung gently squeezed the younger’s hand, getting attention from the little sister. “I wanted to meet you.” Aerin couldn’t stop the warmth that suddenly sipping through her veins. “I want to make sure to get your blessings first before we get married,” She smiled warmly. “Because you’re his everything, and we’re not doing it without your blessings.”

By the time Soo Jung finished her words, Aerin already had tears welling in her eyes threatening to roll down her cheeks. She didn’t know she needed this. It might sound like nothing to other people, but Soo Jung’s words really touched her and went through deep inside. Especially after things that happened to her the day before which pushing her fears to resurface. The constant fear that always lingered, waiting for its time to come out and ruin her. Thinking about Jongin too, yes, of course Aerin had that fear of being left, once again. After getting his affection back, the worst part inside her was scared that Jongin’s girlfriend would take him away from her.

But now she was sure that there was no need to entertain her silly fear. Soo Jung’s simple words convinced her that there’s no need for her to feel scared, because Jongin was forever her brother, and no one would and could ever change that.

“Of course, you have my blessing,” She looked at the both of them with a small smile which Soo Jung reciprocated with a relieved smile. “Just…” Aerin suddenly reached to hold Jongin’s hand. “Please… please don’t leave me alone.”

Jongin instantly stood up and went to gather the little sister into a hug. She circled her arms around his middle as she was still sitting. She completely leaned on him and tightened the hug while Jongin gently caressing her head. “Of course, we will never leave you alone, Aerin, you don’t need to worry about such thing.”

“I know, I’m sorry,” She said softly. “I was just scared.” Her fingers unconsciously gripped his clothes tighter.

The brother leaned down and left a small peck on her hair. It was still fresh in his head how distraught she looked when she knocked his room last night. She showed up with a teddy bear on her hug, and the thing that bothered him the most was the amount of tears marring her pretty face. She couldn’t sleep after Baekhyun left, and she just couldn’t stop crying. Aerin was aware that it might trigger the episode, so the girl decided to look for a companion, for a help. When Jongin asked her what was wrong, the little sister only said that she had a really bad nightmare. Jongin hugged her and let her sleep on his bed. Oppa, you will never leave me, right? That was the thing she asked of him last night which made him frown. She whispered quietly, but Jongin still could clearly hear her. All the people that I love are leaving me one by one, I am really scared I would be left all alone.

“No one’s leaving, Princess. We’ll always be here with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

The hot steam burst out of the shower cubicle, slowly blurring the wall mirror inside the bathroom. Baekhyun hummed to a random song as he went out, still clad in nothing but white towel around his middle. He reached for another small towel to dry his hair which was still dripping wet before he walked through the walking closet to find something nice to wear for his date. Yeah. He didn’t know what Aerin might call it but for him, it was a date. Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from smiling as he thought about the word. He hasn’t been out much with the girl if it wasn’t for the formal meeting with his parent, so this somehow made him happy. But he suddenly stopped when he realised that he’s in problem. They were going for a ballet play, and Baekhyun wasn’t really sure of what to wear. The man hesitated for a second before finally decided to pull a basic white tee and a pair of jeans. He didn’t want to come out too formal so he thought it would be okay to wear the jeans. A blazer would help a bit to give the formal touch on his outfit so he’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter