28

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun—“

“What are you doing here?” Sehun cut her right away. The icy tone he was using cutting right through her heart.

They found themselves at the small park not too far from Hyera’s room after Aerin kindly asked if Sehun could talk to her. Sehun tried his best to ignore her during the whole time she was in the room talking to his little sister, but he really couldn’t do it as he noticed how happy and chirpy Hyera became, trying to involve both of them in the conversation. The little sister did ask him about Aerin, many times, and Sehun had to lie to her, saying the girl was currently busy and couldn’t find time to visit. No wonder she instantly lit up at the mere presence of the older.

“You’re not supposed to be here, Aerin. It’s dangerous. You should’ve stayed at home.”

The girl scoffed. “Please, don’t act like you care when you didn’t even answer my call and messages even after reading them.” Aerin smiled cynically, literally making Sehun shudder with the tone she was using. She never talked to him that way before.

But deep down he knew, she was just trying to act tough and to protect herself.

The girl clenched her fingers, obviously trying so hard to hold herself. It was hard. It hurt so much. She really thought everything was going to be fine once she saw him. But really, she couldn’t stop all the thoughts that has been bugging inside her head these past days. And she couldn’t help but feel this way.

Hurt.

Like it always did before.

Aerin felt tears started to well in her eyes. No, she wouldn’t cry. She wasn’t going to cry. “Why? Did you get tired of me?” Sehun didn’t even spare a glance at her although he noticed how trembling her voice was. Her defence slowly started to quiver.

“I have to take care of Hyera. I couldn’t leave her anymore.”

“No. Don’t lie to me, Sehun.”

The girl took some steps to stand in front of him, searching for his eyes, hoping at least to see the spark of love she’s been seeing in all those times they were together. Was she hallucinating all this time? Had it actually never been real? She tugged his arm, but the man never met her eyes. “Sehun, look at me.” She pleaded, and he did. “What’s wrong?”

Sehun only shook his head, going back to avoiding her eyes because he wouldn’t be able to see the pain flashing in. “It was all wrong from the beginning.” And those felt like a cut through her skin. She bit her lip, trying to hold her emotion. “You’re a good girl and you deserve a better person.”

“But I love you.” She said, gripping his wrist, her voice shaking.

“We’re not supposed to be together, Aerin. We were never supposed to be together in the first place.” Sehun laughed at himself bitterly, gently pushing Aerin away from him.

Aerin laughed. “So, all these times, you led me on, huh?” She clenched her hand into a fist. “And here I am, thinking and believing that you loved me. How stupid I am!” The girl muttered to herself. Her heart was aching so badly. Was this how Chanyeol felt when he found out she didn’t have the same feeling? Was this a karma because she hurt Chanyeol?

Sehun wanted nothing but to gather her in a hug and never ever let go. His heart was breaking, but he had to hold himself. He was the bad guy here and this, he needed to do this so it would be easier for her to move on. He knew this was the best for her. Sehun thought he was immune to all this kind of pain, but then the next words coming from her felt like a knife slicing through his already crumpled heart.

“I thought you loved me. I can’t believe I really thought you loved me.” She smiled bitterly. “And now you left.” The first tears finally rolled down her cheek. She just couldn’t pretend to be okay anymore, not when her fortress finally started to crumble into pieces. “You left like everyone else did, Sehun.”

Sehun could hear his heart shattering. “I’m sorry.” Sehun whispered, voice so thin she didn’t even notice it.

“Did I do something wrong?” Sehun could feel the pain behind the question, and he really couldn’t stop his heart from crumbling even more. “Tell me where we went wrong, tell me what I did wrong, Sehun.”

“No, Aerin stop it. We were wrong. There shouldn’t be us in this. I told you it was all wrong from the beginning.”

“But I told you I love you!”

“You’re only going to regret it, Aerin. We should stop. You’re only going to hurt.”

“You’re beating around the bush. I don’t get it. You’re talking nonsense.”

“You should never be with me. You’re only going to regret everything.” Sehun started to raise his tone. “We weren’t and will never meant to be together, and you have to accept it.”

She laughed bitterly, her eyes felt so hot like a flood of tears threaten to flow out, “Fine.” Her voice was trembling. She tugged his hand, again, trying to make him look at her. “Look at me, Sehun. Look at me in the eyes and tell me you don’t love me.”

The moment Sehun found her hazel orbs, he knew he was torn. This was the same pair of eyes which pulled him in and made him fall in love. The very same pair that made him feel that he wasn’t alone. His heart started to quiver. God knew how much he loved her. Even a blind person could hear the love dripping on every single syllable coming from his lips if it was about her.

But he couldn’t.

Not when he knew he was one big reason of her very pain.

Sehun gently squeezed her hand before slowly trying to untangle them. His face was back to his stoic and unreadable one. Aerin felt the cold started to engulf her whole and she couldn’t help the pain that very slowly, started to clench her heart. She sobbed quietly. The girl shook her head, refusing to let go of his hand. She gripped it back and clutched it to her chest.

“I’m sorry for leading you on, Miss Kim. I was merely a guard, and I have no intention to be anything more than that. I’ve given my resignation letter to Mr. Kim Jongin, so it is surely that we have nothing to do with each other anymore.” The grip on his hand faltered, and Sehun quietly took some steps back. He bowed for some seconds before finally taking his steps, leaving the girl crouching at the side of a park with tears heavily flooding down her cheeks.

 

 

 

Baekhyun quickly ran to the direction where Sehun came from the moment he saw him coming back alone. It didn’t take him long until he found the girl, still crouching, and her body was shaking so badly. Baekhyun felt the first rain fell on his shoulder, and he quickly took off his blazer before putting them around the girl.

“Aerin, it’s raining. Come on, you’re going to get sick.” The girl didn’t budge. Baekhyun only heard her cries. “Aerin, come on.”

This time, Baekhyun saw her slowly looking up at him, a stream of tears marring her beautiful face. Baekhyun’s heart clenched and he quickly kneeled in front of her. “Ssh… Let’s go home, hm? Come on, Baby. I’ve got you.” He said in a comforting tone, reaching for her hand and brushed her knuckles with his thumb. But that, only made her cries went even louder.

“Why?” She whispered. Baekhyun leaned closer to catch what she said. “Why is it always like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter