33

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An update because today is Sehun's birthday! <3

 

 

 

 

 

“Phoenix is requesting your service to bring a bunch of boxes of their package from the harbour to their warehouse.” Kyungsoo threw a pile of folder on the table in front of him as he came back to his apartment. He sat down and leaned his back on the chair. “They found out someone leaked their schedule info to the official, so they asked for your help to save them, and their goods.”

The other man inside the apartment only chuckled at this piece of information. “What’s inside the box?”

“Drugs.”

“When?”

“In two days. I have your fake ID, uniform, and some other equipment prepared.”

“You agreed without even asking me.” He scoffed.

Kyungsoo only shrugged. “It’s a piece of cake, and of course, good money. We’ve done this thing a lot before. It only needs me to slip into their weak system and voila, you’re a police officer. Asking for your thought will only waste our time. You’re gonna say yes anyway.”

Sehun only chuckled at this piece of information. “Game on.”

 

 

 

“Sehun, get back right away!” Kyungsoo informed through the phone. “Take a right turn after your next intersection, they’re going through the other directions.”

“Aye, aye, Sir. I just want to have this finished fast.”

Kyungsoo only rolled his eyes. “There are like, three other missions waiting for you, though. You better not screw this one, eh.”

“Why though? Is the money that good?”

“For a pile of useless document, it’s surprisingly great.”

“Well, we’re having a premium beef set for tonight’s dinner then?” Sehun smirked before pushing the gas pedal even deeper, driving away from the people who were chasing him.

 

 

 

“What the happened?!” Kyungsoo hissed after he opened the door to a young man stumbling to his small body, pressing a hand on his stomach. His clothes were painted in splotches of red and it was really disturbing to see. “You’re ing drenched in blood, you should’ve called earlier!” He carefully circled his arm on the other’s shoulder to get him stand up and brought the younger inside. “Careful,”

“I already told you I don’t have my first aid kit inside the car, and I was busy driving to get here as soon as possible, didn’t even think of calling.” He was pale. His lips almost turned white as he obviously lost a lot of blood.

Kyungsoo laid the younger down on the couch. “Don’t move too much. I’m calling Kim Minseok.” He rushed to get the first aid kit while sticking his phone to his ear. It didn’t take long for the other line to pick up and found out that his help was very much needed. But unfortunately, the doctor couldn’t come right away as he had a surgery scheduled in an hour. “Please send someone else if you’re still busy. Sehun already lost a lot of blood. I’ll do what I can to stop the bleeding temporary.”

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked when he got down beside the couch, tearing the fabric of the younger’s cloth.

“Someone shot me right before I got inside the car. , it hurts a lot. They ing brought a lot of people to chase me only for a dumb chip. , hyung it hurts.”

“That dumb chip contains the whole information about the corrupted politician, in plural. What do you expect? Of course, their men would be chasing you. You still have it with you now?”

“Yeah, still inside the bag. I didn’t get to meet the detective, told him to go back right away because those rats were chasing me. We need to schedule another meeting.”

“Alright now shut up, Kim Minseok couldn’t come but he’s sending someone else. We need to tend your wound. The bullet’s still inside.”

 

 

 

Sehun had never despised the life he’s been living in for almost six years. He tried to find the fun of being chased. He enjoyed those little victories whenever he succeeded tricking people who ran after him. He liked the feeling of adrenaline rush washing through his nerves every time he got a new challenge. He was happy and satisfied with the name he built for himself.

People in his world knew who he was. The mafia world, the crime world, the dark world, you name it. Everyone knew him, what he did and what he was good at. He didn’t work under anyone. With the help of the hacker named Kyungsoo, he established himself as a notable player. Helping drug dealers to transport their packages securely? Check. Moving illegal things out of country without getting caught at the immigration? Easy. Or helping official detective to get some data about their corrupted politician? A piece of cake. Sehun had done them all. Martial arts and gun skill he mastered was just a cherry on top. Sometimes he also wondered why people didn’t want to meddle with his business. It only made his works easier and became less challenging, no?

Sehun was raised in the orphanage. He never knew about his parents and he didn’t really care because why he should bother when they didn’t even care about him? It was until one day when he was seven years old, a lovely woman came and asked if he wanted to go with her. She promised him a better home, an unlimited amount of affection, and a loving family. As someone who never felt any affection of a family, Sehun instantly agreed. His adopted mother never failed to shower him with love. She always said that Sehun deserved it and she tried her best to provide him with all the affection he had never felt before. Sehun loved her very much. He looked up at his father so much too. His father was barely home—his mother said it’s because of his work—but every time he was, he always had time to play with Sehun and the little sister whom he loved dearly. Not even a second being in the family made him feel unhappy. Sehun was the happiest, and he was really thankful to his now called family.

Sehun was twelve years old when he played hide and seek with the younger sister and he went to hide in the walking closet. He never knew there was a door at the other end of the closet, and surprisingly it wasn’t locked. It was dark inside, and Sehun was only getting more curious. This place could be a perfect place to hide though! He thought. His mother was out buying food supplies, and his father as usual, wasn’t even home. They won’t get mad at me, right? Little Sehun wondered as he went further through the small passage. There was another door and he carefully pushed it open, the light automatically.

Sehun opened his mouth in awe as he was welcomed by a small and neat space with the wall full of riffles and firearms displayed. Some of the rows were empty, might be because someone used the weapon which was supposed to be there. He took a look around and pay attention to every single piece of gun inside the room. Wow! Sehun was mesmerized. How would it feel like to hold these in my hand? Sehun wondered. But he couldn’t stay there longer because he heard his sister started calling his name. He decided to leave, but he made sure to ask his father later when he got home.

He still remembered that time when he got to ask his father about the secret room. The father surprisingly wasn’t angry at him. Sehun told the older he was playing hide and seek when he found the secret passage. His father then kneeled to the younger’s eyes level and asked the boy to never go there anymore. Sehun didn’t like the idea though, but he nodded because he was afraid that the father might be angry. Then on his birthday he quietly asked the father about his birthday present, and that was to let him learn to use the gun. The father frowned at this but then he only sighed and proceeded to answer him with words that made Sehun smiled. ‘Your mother definitely won’t like it if she knew, can you promise me not to tell her? I will handle it.’ was the sentence his father said to him.

As he grew even older, Sehun slowly got to know what kind of world his father was actually living in. He found out that his father was a mafia leader when he was fift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter