36

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An update because today's Baekhyun's birthday <3

 

 

 

 

 

“Junmyeon, I lost her. I lost connection to Sehun too.”

“What the do you mean you lost her?”

“They seem to turn off her phone on their way. We don’t have any other way to track her, though. I only recorded Sehun’s last position before it disconnected. They might or might not be in the same place. Sehun’s other wire was off too.” Kyungsoo tried to keep his calm while bothered by his own fingers punching the keyboard, pulling out numbers to decode Sehun’s last position. “But Sehun’s last position seems to be far away from the place we suspect they would bring her to.” Sigh. Kyungsoo should’ve listened to Sehun. They were aware that they were playing games with criminals, and Kyungsoo knew very well how there was no guarantee that the other wouldn’t play dirty.

“It’s okay, send me Sehun’s last pin, I’ll try to see if she was there.”

“Are you sure this will work?”

“Let’s just hope it will.”

 

 

 

The news came some days ago. Junmyeon was tidying the pile of cases he needed to finish when his phone rang. The phone with a secret number only some people knew. People whom he asked for their help. Some men whom he planted inside his father’s circle to dig information, and also some people who worked for him for crime cases. Junmyeon frowned, not really expecting anyone to call him these days. He swiped the screen and found a message.

Mr. Kim is planning to abduct your cousin before her birthday. His plan is pretty much finished but I’m still not sure about what he would do, I’ll update you on this later. He only said that he was only hindered by the people hired to bring her. He might hire someone else so better be careful. I’ll send another message when they decided the date.

Junmyeon haven’t talked about this to Jongin at all. He needed a perfect plan and enough proof to catch his own father before talking about it to Jongin. The sins the older had done were unforgivable and he wouldn’t let this slide. Although it hurt him as a son, he knew he needed to do this. He was sworn as a lawyer to uphold justice, and he would give his all because this was all also for his dearest cousins.

This sudden information actually got his head stirred in a storm of ideas. He understood that this thing which has been running on his mind might be dangerous, and it would turn to be a bad thing if he wasn’t careful. But on the other side, he knew this might be a great chance to finally put an end to this endless chase.  And so, after thinking thoroughly for some depressing hours, Junmyeon finally took his decision and called this one person he trusted and has been helping him all this while.

 

 

 

 

 

Aerin stared blankly at the pristine wall across her. It was cold. This place felt way much colder all of a sudden. She felt her body shuddered, and she just wanted to hug herself. Was it really the temperature or was it because she was suddenly felt a hole in her heart?

She didn’t know.

And she didn’t want to know.

Aerin tried to ignore the continuous tugs and the piercing of pain in her heart. But of course, her mind awfully betrayed her as it kept repeating the gruesome words she heard earlier, again, and again, and again.

How does it feel claiming a girl who was supposed to be a task for you to kidnap, as your girlfriend?

Aerin wanted to laugh at herself. How stupid. After all this time, she tried to convince herself that she was okay, that she would be fine, and it was better for her to know the real reason why he left. But no, she was wrong. Oh, how she wanted to turn back time and remained oblivious about all these.

It hurt. It hurt too much to know that someone whom once she thought was her light, someone who had never failed to shower him with love, someone whom she thought would be her anchor, was never actually in love with her in the first place.

Aerin smiled bitterly.

All this time, it was actually her and her stupid mind.

“How was it, Lady Kim? Isn’t it sweet to fall in love with the son of your parents’ murderer? And the fact that he knew, but he kept silent about it? Oh my, my, what kind of romantic drama I was reciting right now? Definitely not a Romeo and Juliet, huh?”

The shrill of the man’s laughter felt like multiple stabs to both their hearts. Both of them were broken for the same reason, and both didn’t know why everything could be this hurting. The world was indeed too cruel to these children who wanted nothing but to love and to be loved.

“Aerin, would you please listen to me?” The girl didn’t even realise that Sehun had kneeled in front of her, with both his hands were still tied on his back.

The girl slowly looked up and met his eyes. Aerin saw the gloom right through those orbs. Those eyes were red and glistening. As if he cried. As if everything that just happened hurt his heart. Why? Why would he cry when he didn’t fail? Why would he cry when he had succeeded stealing her heart, took it all with him and crashed it into pieces?

Aerin wanted to bring her hands to cup his face, to feel the warmth, to caress the scar on his cheeks like how she used to. As much as she wanted to hate the man kneeling down in front of her, he was still the one who saved her from a lot of dangers. He was still the one who stood tall when she needed someone to hold onto. He was the one catching her whenever she collapsed. It would be so much easier for her to just hate him without her trying to look back. It would be a whole lot easier for her to hate him without remembering every single thing he did for her.

“Why?” She whispered with her hoarse voice. Sehun wouldn’t catch it if it wasn’t because he was having his eyes on her. “Why are you doing this to me?”

All the words on the tip of his tongue suddenly disappeared. The man knew no one else heard it but them, but those words were ringing so loud in his ears. And it hurt. It hurt so much to hear the pained tone coming out from her lips. Sehun wanted to hug her tight, wanted to make sure that she wouldn’t spill another tears of hurt and sadness. But oh, how ironic, because he knew he was the one who made her cry. Because he was the villain who could do nothing but hurting her.

“I’m sorry,” were the only words Sehun could say. “I’m sorry…”

Although he knew, an apology would never be enough to put back all the broken pieces and the mess he had caused.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aerin slightly jumped on her chair when suddenly everyone inside the room heard some ear-splitting sounds of guns being fired outside. Everything happened too fast and she could only scream in pain when one of the men suddenly gripped her arm and yanked her up from the chair. Sehun was also roughly dragged away from the girl. Her eyes were blur of tears and the next thing she knew, she was pulled into an arm choke, and she felt a sting of coldness from the metal gun being pressed on her temple.

“Put your guns

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter