05

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re drenched, dude!” Kyungsoo threw a towel right on the boy’s head when the younger was about to go inside his room. “Go clean yourself! You know what you shouldn’t mess with.” Of course, he spoke with his cold and shuddering tone.

The boy just smirked at the older, “Thanks, hyung.” and dragged himself to the bathroom inside his own room. He actually wanted to ask something to the older, but sure he needed to clean himself first since his hyung didn’t want anyone to smear his clean carpet with dirt, so he knew very well not to mess with that.

The cold water slide from his head down to his torso, literally sending shivers down his spine. The man closed his eyes as he tried to get a clearer sight of his mind, remembering about the stunning girl he met just some hours back. The way she bent her body, the way she execute those fingers to form a point, and the way her dress fluttered as she did the perfect spin. He pushed his hair and threw his head back so the water was raining his face when he saw her eyes. It defined darkness. Her dark hazel orbs clearly reflecting a glint of despair. It still lingered on the tip of his fingers how smooth her skin was, but at the same time he felt that she was too fragile, as if she would break when he hold her tight.

He let the memories of meeting this girl twirled vaguely on his mind. I need to find her again. I have to see her, once again. It was weird. There’s this strange attraction radiating from the girl which made him curious. What was it really? He still had no idea.

As weird as he thought it was, his mind couldn’t help but wandered back to the last task he got some days ago. The very last, but he felt that it was the most difficult one.

 

 

 

 

 

A trail of smoke danced to the air as the smoker blew it away from his mouth.

“Hyung, give me some.” The younger said as he leaned to light his cigarette on the older’s while ruffling his wet hair with a small towel, drying it up. He made his way to sit on the metal chair across the older, enjoying the still-drizzling atmosphere outside from their balcony.

“I told you to quit it.” Kyungsoo broke the comfort silence around them. The younger just chuckled lightly, earning a raised eyebrow from the other.

“I’ve got the skill, they give me money.” He retorted.

“You don’t want to spend your life getting chased, I guaranteed.”

“It’s fun though. We both enjoy it. Don’t lie to me.” He blew a circle which quickly swept by the wind. “As long as it’s not a murder, then I’ll be fine,”

The older’s gaze bore through the horizon. “I have no choice, but you still have a future.” He said as he turned his head towards the younger, clearly showing his concern.

Heaving a sigh, he on his cigarette trying to swallow the smoke as much as he could. “Then you should’ve known that I have no choice either, and it’s not about me and the money anymore, hyung. You knew it very well.”

“I don’t want you to end up like your father. Remember that you’re playing with not just anyone, Sehun.”

Sehun gulped, shivers ran down his spine. “And here I am, trying to clean the dirt my father made with other dirt. What would be different if I stop?”

“I’m asking you once again, are you trying to get your father out from the prison?”

“No. Never want, never will be, and that will never change.” Sehun sighed. “He needs to pay for what he did.”

“Then stop. What do you think your sis—“

“Hyung, please.” Sehun cut him right away. His face went hard now that Kyungsoo noticed. “I’m not in the mood to argue with you.”

Kyungsoo let out a sad smile as he looked straight into the horizon. “Okay, I’ll try again next time.”

Sehun scoffed, but he smiled right after. “Tsk. Not surprised.” That was the reason why Sehun loved this man. Never once he seems tired of reminding him to quit the illicit world he’s been living. And when Sehun got mad, Kyungsoo simply would say that very sentence to end the argument, and that simply showed just how much he adored Sehun as if he was his own brother.

Both were drown in silence as they were simply busy with their own mind. Then just suddenly, a realization hit him hard when once again the girl’s image appeared on his head. It was the same feature he saw from the picture they showed him. It was the same eyes he saw from the picture they showed him earlier. It was the same brunette hair, the same wide and hazel eyes, and the same small lips. Sehun realized that it was the same person.

“Hyung, I think I found her.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh, hello, Chanyeol.” Junmyeon picked the call up right away when he saw Chanyeol’s number flashing on his phone screen. He was currently at his office, finishing the cases which already piling on his desk because he had to leave in some days coming back to Seoul for the shareholder meeting.

“Hyung, do you have time to talk?”

“Uh, yeah I have some minutes. What is it?”

“You were right.” Chanyeol breathed, somehow regretting his words to the older the other time. “Aerin is in danger.”

Junmyeon suddenly became alarmed. He stopped what he was doing and sat straight. “Is there anything happened?” He asked. And Chanyeol started to spill everything that happened earlier this evening.

“Don’t worry. She’s fine now. She took her medicine and asleep now. I was afraid it might trigger her panic attack, but thankfully we managed to get home just fine.”

“I’m so relieved you guys are fine.” Junmyeon let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding since Chanyeol started telling him.

“I think this time I have to agree with you that Aerin needs a guard. I mean, I will try my best to protect her, but I know I cannot always be with her, Hyung. Well, although I still don’t know who and why they are targeting Aerin in the first place.”

“That’s a story for another time, Chanyeol. I promise I will tell you everything about it. But for now, please help me by being around her as much as you can, and tell me anything happened to her. I heard that she needed a nurse to stand by for the time being. I hope she wouldn’t feel bad because of it. And I will make sure to find a guard for her. Stay safe, both of you.”

“Okay, Hyung. You too, stay safe.”

Junmyeon heaved a long sigh as soon as the call got cut. His fears were slowly coming true and he really didn’t want anything bad happened. Of all the things, the idea of those evils targeting Aerin was the one he feared the most. Aerin was so fragile. She already had too much on her plate, and it was such a blessing that the girl could survive until now, even though he knew how hard she struggled and fought.

The man made another call as he knew that he d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter