41

Effleurer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dropping this chapter because you guys are sweet and because today is EXO's comeback x)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi, Sehun.”

Sehun froze as he heard the small voice coming from his back. It had been long, too long since the last time he got to hear this melodious voice calling his name. His favourite sound which he admitted could turn his life upside down. Sehun turned his head and his eyes met with the pair of hazel orbs he really missed staring at. He could feel his heart thundered, feeling like it could break out of his ribcage.

Aerin was still as pretty as he could remember. The girl wore one of her pretty pastel dress she loved the most and bundled with a warm brown coat. Her hair, this time, instead of being let down like how she used to, was neatly tied up into a bun, looking like the pretty ballerina she was. Although Sehun had never seen her dance on the stage, he could already picture how pretty she would be.

Ah, right. He should greet her back.

“H—hi, Aerin.” He abruptly got up from the bench he was sitting at. “D—do you want to sit down, or shall we just—” Damn Oh Sehun, stop stuttering.

When Hyera told him that Aerin was calling yesterday, Sehun didn’t take the call right away. Mostly because he thought it was probably just a mistake. God knew how much he’s been calling her but never, even just once, she took any of his call. His little sister had to slap his arm hard before he finally gathered the courage to swipe the screen and heard her voice.

They agreed to meet at a quiet park not so far from the girl’s place. Both of them knew they needed to talk, so instead of meeting at the café or other place with too much noises, Sehun suggested that park. The place they used to go together to spend their time back then.

“Yeah, let’s just sit here.” Aerin said as she sat on the bench, managing enough distance between them.

The girl took a glance around the park, noticing that most of the trees were already bare since the temperature started to go down a lot these past days. Thankfully it was a bit warm this morning as she could see the sun still managed to peek between the clouds.

“So—” They quickly stopped as they heard themselves talked at the same time.

Sehun then heard the girl chuckled, and this surprisingly made him feel the warmth slowly spreading through his veins. He hoped it was a good sign for both of them. “You go first,” Sehun heard her say while turning her head at him and slightly smiled.

“I’m sorry.” Those were the words Sehun has been dying to tell her all this time. “I don’t expect you to forgive me, but I want you to know that I’m deeply sorry. For everything.”

Aerin let out a sad smile while looking up at the sky, watching some birds flying from one branch to another. So free. Like they had nothing to worry about.

It was hard. Taking the decision to come to see him wasn’t as easy as she thought it would be. It took her numerous amounts of sleepless night. Because it was simply hard to forgive. Aerin had shown him all of her. Her happy days, her vulnerable side she tried so hard to hide from everyone else, her everything. Because she trusted him.

Aerin didn’t want to see him because she was scared it would only add more wounds to her heart, but Jongin’s words kept ringing inside her head. Forgiving means we are choosing to be a bigger person. And thus, she wanted to hear, to listen, so she could finally let go.

“I still remember that time when we first met, or I thought it was the first time we met.” Sehun turned his head to see her who still had her eyes on the sky with a pretty smile grazing her lips. “I was dancing under the rain that time. But I was sad I couldn’t do a perfect spin, and I did it ungracefully. I think it was the first time I tried to dance after so long because I thought no one was watching.”

“That time, I remember your eyes. I felt like I’ve seen them somewhere, but I simply brushed that thought off because I don’t want to think much.”

“But then, I guess the fate was really interested in tangling our life together with all the unfortunate events. And you were always the one who came and saved me, appearing like a hero saving the poor princess from the villain.” She chuckled at her own words.

“I am just an ordinary girl who was easily swayed by sweet things people do to her, and with the amount of ‘coincidence’ we had with each other, do you expect me not to be easily fall in love with you?”

“But somehow though, being with you sometimes reminded me of things I have no idea about. Most of times, it was your eyes. I kept seeing eyes in my nightmares. And I was so scared because after I woke up, the episode would come. It was until that one night when we had a casual talk over silly things like we usually did. We were in my room that time and I didn’t know why but we talked about some sad things, and I saw your eyes glistened. I didn’t even know how, but I suddenly realised that yours, was the same pair of eyes that had been haunting me in my sleep. It was the same eyes that I saw when that unfortunate accident happened. But I was always left wondering why I saw your eyes in that accident.”

“You came to save me, but you never knew it was me.” Aerin stated. Sehun remained silent, letting her finish her words. “Kyungsoo oppa actually came to see me some days ago and he told me everything.”

“The world is so cruel to us, don’t you think?” She said. Sehun didn’t miss the sad smile on her lips as she turned to look down on her toes.

The silence stretched and it was deafening. The only thing Sehun could hear now was the sound of breeze sending chills to their bone. Maybe he was too sensitive, but it felt like the world was mocking him now. It was as if the sun was peeking through the cloud and sticking its tongue at him. The sound of the leaves smacking each other sounded like they were laughing at him. At how pathetic his life turned out to be.

It hurt. Everything hurt so much.

“But despite everything, I want you to know that I was happy when we were together. You made me feel loved. You became my anchor when I have no one by my side. You were everything to me, while I probably mean nothing to you.” Sehun couldn’t miss the use of past tense in the words she said. He knew it shouldn’t affect him, but well, it did.

“The things I’m going to tell you probably will sound like an excuse, but please know that I’m telling you the truth and sincere about everything.” Aerin heard Sehun say. “Will you be okay if I tell you about the accident scene?” The girl unconsciously fisted her hand, but she nodded at him, letting him know that she wouldn’t interrupt.

Sehun took a deep breath before he started. “When I first received your picture from the people who wanted to get you, I really don’t remember you were the same girl I pulled away from that car. Back then, I was only told to find the truck and do something with them to avoid the accident, but we were already too late. And when I arrived at the scene, the first thing I did was to get you out because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter