Double Date?

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ppali Oppa! Ppali! Ppali!” said Tiffany rapidly while tapping her manager’s shoulder while he drove. She was sitting on the edge of her seat just behind the driver’s seat in one of SNSD’s vans.

“Yah! You’re going to get us into an accident,” lectured Yuri. She swatted away Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany pouted and sat back in her seat. She pulled her phone out of her bag and began texting.

Mianhe Sica. I’m running late because Yuri her sweet time changing. Tiffany scowled at Yuri who sat oblivious in the front passenger seat. I’ll be there soon. Could you layout my dark blue skinny jeans and white tunic sweater, the one with the cowl neck? Gomawo!

Tiffany sent the text and looked at her watch. 10:30 PM. She sighed and leaned back as she gazed at the night sky. The anticipation was overflowing so much she could have drowned in it. Gee promotions were finally over after three months, but after that she and Yuri became the MCs for Music Core. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy all their success. It was just that she hadn’t gotten to see Wooyoung more than once or twice throughout it all. They still met behind stage often at performances, but were busy and could only greet each other. They still talked on the phone every day, but it wasn’t the same. Today was going to be their third date… or more like a double date. Tiffany smiled to herself.

“Why are you in such a rush to watch a movie with Jessica anyway?” asked the manager.

“It’s just that it’s been a while since we got to relax with promotions and all,” replied Tiffany. “Besides Jessica and I have been dying to see He’s Just Not That Into You and it’ll be out of theatres soon.”

“Araseo,” laughed the manager. “We’re here so hurry up,” he said as he pulled in front of their dorm building.

“Jinjja!” said Tiffany as she swung open the van’s side door and ran into the building. The manager looked at Yuri for an explanation. Yuri just shrugged and stepped out of the van. She watched Tiffany run up the stairs after growing impatient for the elevator. Yuri smiled and shook her head. Tiffany definitely wasn’t going to a movie with ONLY Jessica.


-------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany and Jessica sat in the front seats of Tiffany’s car. They were parked outside 2PM’s dorm as far from the lamp post as possible for fear of their identities being caught. Tiffany opened the vanity mirror of her sun shade, but Jessica quickly closed it.

“You look fine,” said Jessica. She handed Tiffany a pair of earrings.

“Oh, I almost forgot!” said Tiffany as she grabbed the earrings and put them in. Jessica looked Tiffany up and down. She really did look great. Jessica looked down at herself and tugged at her top. She on the other hand didn’t look all that great. She wore white shorts and a baby blue hoodie. Tiffany knew how to put together nice casual outfits, while Jessica could only do casual or formal. Maybe it was time for her to go shopping for new clothes.

“Where are they? We’re going to be late,” said Tiffany.

“Well we were late to begin with,” teased Jessica. “Why are you so nervous? This is the third date. And to be honest with you, it’s not even a real date. You always drag Taecyeon and I with you.”

“You know the SM rules. We aren’t allowed to date until 3 years after debut,” said Tiffany. “Besides, if we get caught by fans, we can just say we’re all friends hanging out.” Jessica had an idea, but she kept it to herself. They were both startled when Jessica’s door suddenly opened. She froze until she realized it was only Taecyeon.

“Annyeong,” he said cheerfully and held out his hand to Jessica. She smiled as she took it and stepped out of the car. He opened the back door for her and she slid in. He then closed the door for her and ran around to the other side of the car and got into the back seat. They were soon joined by Wooyoung.

“Annyeong jakiya,” said Wooyoung fondly to Tiffany and squeezed her hand.

“Annyeong…” said Tiffany smiling. They stared at each other for a moment too long and the two in the back began to feel uncomfortable. Taecyeon cleared his throat while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh, right. Annyeong Jessica,” said Wooyoung. Jessica gave him a small smile in acknowledgement.

“We better get going,” said Tiffany as she started the engine. She pulled out of the parking spot and put on her signal to turn right.

“When are you guys going to get your licenses?” said Jessica. “It’s funny that we always come to pick you guys up.”

“I got the booklet to study for the exam, but I haven’t had a chance to get through it,” said Wooyoung.

“Why do we need to when we have two perfectly good chauffeurs?” joked Taecyeon, which earned him a playful punch from Jessica. “So what are we watching anyway?” he asked.

“Well, WE want to see He’s Just Not That Into You,” said Jessica. “But knowing you two won’t be up for that, we are open to suggestions.”

“Then let’s watch Fast and Furious,” proclaimed Taecyeon gleefully. Tiffany and Jessica smirked.

“Anyah. Let’s just watch what they want,” said Wooyoung. He watched Tiffany drive which made her self-conscious. “We picked last time. Plus they’ve been really wanting to see it.” Tiffany and Wooyoung smiled at each other. Taecyeon’s head dropped. He turned his head to face Jessica. He nodded towards the front seat and rolled his eyes. Jessica smiled back at him and mouthed that they were cute.

When they arrive at the theatre, Jessica and Tiffany stay behind to find parking while Taecyeon and Wooyoung go buy the tickets. After successfully parking, Tiffany sat back with the key still in the ignition and held her right hand beaming. Jessica smiled at her friend.

“You’re that happy he held your hand, huh?” teased Jessica.

“When we went out last time, it was the first time he held my hand,” said Tiffany. She tried to cool her blushing face with the back of her hands. Her heart was aflutter. She took a deep breath and took the key out of the ignition. “Here we go!”

-------------------------------------------------------

They met the guys outside the theatre to get their tickets. They went in and the girls bought them all a large popcorn and two medium drinks. They entered the seating area during previews to find it completely empty. It was the last showing of the movie as it had been out for nearly two months. They sat in the center of a row with the girls in the middle. They shared the popcorn, while Wooyoung and Tiffany shared one soda and Jessica and Taecyeon shared the other.

Around 20 minutes into the movie Jessica poked Taecyeon and pointed at Tiffany who had her head on Wooyoung’s shoulder. They were holding hands comfortably as they watched the movie. Taecyeon smiled and said “They look cute.” Jessica winked shooed him out of the theatre. Jessica got up to follow with drink in hand, but is held back when she feels a tug on her arm.

Where are you going? mouthed Tiffany so a

Please log in to read the full chapter