Farewell Party

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

I have found some days to write with all the snow we've been getting :)

So, this chapter is a bit different from my usual style of writing, but I hope not in a bad way. I needed something to segway into the next segment of the story. A small scene recap from an earlier chapter as well. Hope you all like it.

I couldn't think of/find an image to accompany this chapter. If anyone has a recommendation, please give me a link in the comments. Thank You!

.~*~.

Jessica handed her car key over to the valet who attached a tag to it and handed her a ticket. Upon entering the building, she lowered her facemask enough to reveal her identity to the bouncer who directed her to the staircase for the VIP level. At the top of the stairs, safely hidden by tinted windows, Jessica lowered the hood of her coat and removed the mask.

“May I take your coat, agasshi?” asked the hostess.

“Yes, thank you,” replied Jessica, shoving the face mask into her coat pocket before removing it. Beneath her winter gear, she wore a loose flannel button up top over black skinny jeans. She had purposely picked an outfit that was casual and would not draw attention to herself, but still accentuated her slim figure.

“President Lee has been informed of your arrival. Please wait here,” said the hostess who left in the direction of the coat room. Jessica walked a few steps over to the inner-facing window. She peered down at people below, dancing to a fast beat with lights spinning in all directions. Though technically a nightclub, SNSD often went there as a bar alternative. The VIP floor offered drinks in private rooms, away from the prying eyes of reporters that were more difficult to avoid at regular bars. Furthermore, all VIP servers were under contract to keep quiet about the VIP customers. She envied all the young people below, able to enjoy themselves without having to worry about repercussions. Perhaps when SNSD is more cemented in the industry, they would have more freedom to go out like Kangta sunbae and BoA sunbae, but until then SNSD had to be careful. Right now they were at the height of their popularity, and any scandal could bring them right back down. Jessica was brought out of her reverie by the sound of a familiar voice.

“Jessica-shi! Good evening,” greeted Mr. Lee, the club owner. They bowed to each other politely. “Are you meeting with Ju Hyun-shi tonight?” Jessica often patronized the nightclub with her close sunbae, Fin.K.L.’s Ock Ju Hyun, when she was not accompanied by other SNSD members.

“Not tonight. This time I am expecting another guest for a few drinks. Do you have any rooms available?,” said Jessica. She paused for a moment as she considered the call she received earlier from Taecyeon asking to meet for drinks. His tone had worried her. She added, “I may require your departure services this evening.” Jessica was referring to the club’s special service for a discreet departure from the premesis.

“Unfortunately our smaller rooms have been booked, but if you would not mind using one of our bigger rooms, we have those available.” Jessica nodded in affirmation. “Then Si Young-shi will you to a room right away,” said Mr. Lee motioning to the hostess who just returned. “Please inform her of your guest’s identity so that she may relay it to the bouncer below. Have a pleasant evening.” Mr. Lee gave Jessica a curt bow before leaving to handle other business.

Jessica followed the hostess down a hallway of seemingly endless doors, each leading to private rooms. The hostess opened one of the doors for Jessica and motioned for her to enter. The room was dimly lit with a tinted window overlooking the club below. Jessica sat down on the white leather bench that encircled a long, knee-height glass table. The room was designed to seat a group of 12 or more people, but it would have to do. She shuffled herself down the bench so she sat around the corner of the far end of the table away from the door. Jessica informed the hostess that Ok Taecyeon would be joining her that evening. If the hostess was excited about a 2pm member coming, she did not show it.

Soon after the hostess left, a waiter entered with a platter of sliced fruit which Jessica was more than happy to help herself to. Jessica looked at her watch. Taecyeon should be here soon, she thought. She went ahead and ordered two beers to start them off. Shortly after the waitress returned with the beer and was setting them down on the table, there was a knock at the door. The door opened to reveal Si Young-shi. No sooner had she announced Jessica’s guest had arrived than Taecyeon bypassed her and made himself comfortable next to Jessica.

“Beers aren’t going to cut it tonight, Nunsongi,” said Taecyeon as he ordered a pitcher of CASS beer and two bottles of soju. Jessica wiped the opening of of the beers with a napkin and handed it to Taecyeon. Then she did the same for herself.

“Thanks,” he said, raising the beer bottle to show he meant for the beer. “And thanks for meeting me.” He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze as he drank a swig of beer.

“Of course,” said Jessica as it if was never even a question. “But what is the occasion?”

“I just didn’t want to be alone tonight since-” he stopped talking at the sound of a knock on the door. The waitress came in and set down the drinks along with shots and glasses before making a swift exit.

Taecyeon chugged the remainder of his beer and began creating his concoction. He filled two glasses three fifths

Please log in to read the full chapter