Jessica's First Love

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

So I wanted to add more depth to Jessica's character by telling the story of her first love who I decided would be Jaejoong in the previous chapter, but my being a DB5K fan I ended up writing more about DBSK than I had initially intended. Sorry! 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tiffany’s words echoed in Jessica’s mind. How are you ever going to move on from Jaejoong Oppa if you never meet any guys outside out company? She knew Tiffany was just concerned and didn’t mean to hurt her, but even though she and Jaejoong broke up amicably, he was still a sensitive topic to her. She never let on in front of anyone how much she missed him. But she also knew that Tiffany was right, that she needed to move on. Besides, her SM family really was a family. She couldn’t date someone else in her family having already dated one of them. It just wasn’t right.

Tiffany joined SM when she was 15, a full four years after Jessica. She had the chance to live a normal teenage girl life, but Jessica didn’t. Though she wasn’t barred from dating while she attended school as a trainee, she didn’t have the opportunity. She was so determined to fulfill her dream as a singer that she spent every moment outside of school training at SM. As years went on, girls her age were starting to socialize with guys, but Jessica didn’t even notice she lacked these skills because of how close she was with guys in her SM family. As a result, she didn’t learn how to get to know guys beyond the level of a classmate or a colleague.

On variety shows she saw guys as colleagues with whom she had to act a certain way on camera as part of her job. They would warm up to her as a result, but once the camera was off, it was like someone flipped a switch on Jessica. She would become very polite and distant around them. These moments were eventually observed by the media who nicknamed her the ice princess.

SM strongly discouraged dating not only for their image and popularity, but also to protect them. Fans and anti-fans alike were no joke as SM painfully noted early on when Yunho almost died by poisoning from an anti-fan. If she dated someone, her fans might harass the person she was dating. On the other hand, if she dated a celebrity the fans of that person might become her anti-fans and try to hurt her. This is why SM encouraged them to date within the SM family if they really wanted to date.

Jaejoong was at SM before she became a trainee. When she was only 11 years old and new to the SM family, it was Oppa (Jaejoong) and Heechul Oppa who always strived to make her feel comfortable. When she got stressed or upset, they would always make her laugh with their 4-D personalities. People often wondered why she had odd facets of her personality. She got them from her two Oppas.

Heechul Oppa is 6 years older than her. When she joined SM he was already 17 years old to her 11. Even as they grew up, he could only ever see her as his dongsaeng, but it was different with Oppa who is only 3 years older. When she turned 15, she reached an age where her dream of becoming a singer could no longer make her feel complete. A feeling of loneliness was growing in her heart that made her long for love. One day they began to see each other differently.

It took nearly six months of awkwardness between them to get through the transition from oppa and dongsaeng to a couple. Everyone at SM knew about their relationship. Even Lee Soo Man supported them as a couple. When she finally debut

Please log in to read the full chapter