Being Fair To Yourself

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Woot! Two chapters in a row, keke. Thank you to those who commented on the previous chapter, it encouraged me to write this one quickly before the holiday festivities begin. I'm sorry I'm so horrible about updating and am happy you still look forward to when I do update. I haven't been as stringent on my writing in these last two chapters (I usually revise a number of times before posting) which is probably why I was able to get them out so quickly (also cause they are shorter :P). I am also writing on a new laptop and cannot get used to the new keyboard. I think I fixed most of my typos. If you find one, kindly let me know :) Anyway, enjoy.

.~*~.

 

At the SNSD dorms later that week, the girls were returning from a two-day vacation SM Entertainment had awarded them for working nonstop during the holiday festivities. Jessica, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Yoona were chatting in the living room, catching up.

“Sounds like you had fun,” said Tiffany after listening to Sooyoung talk about her visit home to see her family.

“It was… but probably not as much fun as you had with Wooyoung,” teased Sooyoung. She raised one eyebrow as she looked at Tiffany suggestively. Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“Don’t talk to me about that guy,” scoffed Tiffany. “We only met for an hour or two, and that was after making me wait for over an hour because he forgot about our date.”

“Trouble in paradise?” asked Yuri. Tiffany sighed.

 “We’ve both been so busy with all the holiday promotions that we’ve hardly seen each other except for work,” complained Tiffany. “I thought we’d finally do something fun and romantic, just the two of us now that promotions are done, but… I don’t know.” Tiffany frowned and leaned back into the couch. She clutched her pink pillow to her chest.

“What did he do?” said Hyoyeon knowingly.

“It’s just that I kinda expected he would do, I don’t know, SOMETHING. But all we did in the end was have soondubu jigae,” said Tiffany. “Then he said he had to meet an old friend before practice, and left.”

“So not only did he forget about your date, but he even left early,” reiterated Yuri. Tiffany nodded sadly.

“Ughh… boys. Treating his girlfriend like a second thought,” said Hyoyeon. Tiffany opened as if to defend Wooyoung, but closed it without a word. If she was honest to herself, she had been feeling like a second thought lately. The others noticed her reaction and the room went silent.

“How about you?” Sooyoung asked Jessica in an attempt to change the subject. Jessica shrugged and the television, avoiding the question.

“Don’t be coy,” said Hyoyeon. “We all know you spent time with Taecyeon.”

“Why do you think that,” said Jessica with her best poker face.

“Cause you didn’t go home, and we all know something is going on between you two,” said Sooyoung. Yoona shifted uncomfortably in her seat and shot a look at Yuri.

“So spill. We know you’ve got a thing for Taec. You might be able to hide it from the public, but not from us,” urged Hyoyeon. Jessica massaged the back of her neck uneasily.

“Maybe you’re right, but I’ve decided to let it go since he clearly doesn’t feel the same way about me,” said Jessica.

“How do you know? Did you confess!” exclaimed Sooyoung excitedly. Yoona looked down at her fingers as she picked at her manicure.

“Sort of. It doesn’t matter anyway cause he told me he likes someone else.” Jessica smiled sadly. Tiffany came out of her own self-pity and gave Jessica a reassuring hug.  

“Who?” asked Hyoyeon curiously.

“But, he spends most of his time with you,” added Sooyoung incredulously. Jessica looked uncomfortably at Tiffany, and Yuri squeezed Yoona’s hand. Hyoyeon noticed both exchanges.

“It’s not… It’s not Yoona is it?” asked Hyoyeon, her v

Please log in to read the full chapter