Changed Impressions

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

I'm sorry if any of my readers find that development is slow in my fanfic. I don't believe in things happening very suddenly without some foundation, especially relationships. So I hope I'm not boring you. Also I'm new to writing fanfics. Hopefully I'm doing alright :) Thanks for reading though!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” rung Chansung’s voice through the apartment. Taecyeon was sleeping when Chansung burst through the door. Taecyeon shot him a death glare. Chansung raised his arms in defense as a pillow was flung at him.

“Keke… Mianhe hyung. I thought J was in here,” said Chansung softly before closing the door slowly. Taecyeon tried to go back to sleep, but he could still hear Chansung’s loud footsteps pounding the floor as he ran around the dorm. Taecyeon had just returned early that morning from one week’s vacation at home in Boston for the New Year holiday. He squinted at the rays of sunshine that pierced through the blinds. He squeezed his eyes shut as he rolled over to the side of the bed. He felt around for his phone on the ground. He found it beneath the sweater he pulled off before climbing into bed. It was already 1 PM. He told himself he would get up in 5 minutes, but gave up when he heard exclamations from the living room. He yawned as he sat up in his bed.

“Brrr…” he shivered. He picked up the sweater and pulled it on over his head. He opened the door to the sound of excited chatter. He went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth. He could hear people arguing. When he finished he went to see what all the fuss was about.

“Arasseo… Chincha…” said Nichkhun when he entered the room.

“What’s going on?” asked Taecyeon.

“They just played rock, paper, scissors to decide who gets Yoona,” said Wooyoung.

“Gets Yoona? Why can’t they both like her?” Taecyeon sat down and stretched his legs out on the couch.

“Cause our maknae here isn’t confident that he can go against Nichkhun head-on to win her tomorrow,” said Jaebum. He was sitting next to Taecyeon on the armrest of the couch, fiddling on his laptop. “SNSD are the guests tomorrow.”

“All of them?” asked Taecyeon in surprise. “Are we going to get to pick more than one girl then?”

“Anyah,” said Wooyoung. “Just Yoona, Sunny, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun… and Tiffany.”

Jaebum put his laptop aside and whispered not so quietly to Taecyeon. “He was all over everyone making sure they knew he claimed Tiffany before you walked in. He’s just not saying it now cause he knows you’re close to her.”

“Yah!” exclaimed Wooyoung as he turned and pointed at Jaebum. “Come here!” Jaebum jumped up from his seat and hid behind the couch. Wooyoung proceeded to chase Jaebum who went and locked himself in his room.

“I don’t know…” said Taecyeon. “I was thinking of picking Tiffany since I’m most comfortable with her,” he joked.

“Hyung!” yelled Wooyoung from down the hall. He came running around the corner to find Taecyeon waving his hands in front of him while laughing.

“Mianhe… mianhe…” he said. As things calmed down he thought that this would be a good opportunity to get to know Jessica better. He went back to his room to find Jaebum fiddling on his laptop again with headphones on. He looked over Jaebum’s shoulder and saw him in the process of melding three songs together. He removed Jaebum’s headphones and asked him what he was doing.

“I’m preparing my music for the couple selection tomorrow,” he replied without looking up.

“Do you have two girls in mind again?” teased Taecyeon. Jaebum had in a previous taping picked two people ahead of time in case one was already taken.

“Hey, I was just covering my bases,” replied Jaebum in English. “And no,” he said returning to Korean. “I have someone in mind this time.”

“Really? Who's that?” asked Taecyeon curiously.

“Jessica-sshi,” said Jaebum. “She looks my type. Plus she speaks English, so it will be less awkward when we do activities together.” Taceyeon could see Jaebum’s reasoning. Since Nichkhun isn’t Korean, people always take pity on him for his limited vocabulary and as a result sometimes overlook Jaebum’s limited Korean. Taecyeon took pity on him and decided not to push to be Jessica’s partner.

“Alright. Can I do anything to help?” offered Taecyeon.

“Sure. I have an appointment at the gym with my trainer, so could you give this to the manager when he gets back so he can send it to the production crew?” said Jaebum as he stuffed a towel, bottle of water and mp3 player into a bag.

“Sure, no problem,” said Taecyeon. They waved bye to each other as Jaebum stepped out of the room. Taecyeon was about to pull the flash drive out, but then decided to listen to the music. It began with a smooth, y style song. Then it progressed into a stronger, more masculine song. And then… to Gee? Taecyeon snickered. Jaebum was really going all out to show different sides of his personality. Taecyeon made his up-to-no-good smile. He fiddled on the computer before removing the flash drive. If Jaebum was worried about things being awkward, Taecyeon could help him lighten the mood.

When Jaebum returned, the manager . “So are you ready to impress Jessica tomorrow?” he asked. Jaebum removed his headphones.

“How’d you know I was going to pick Jessica tomorrow?

Please log in to read the full chapter