D-day

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I am not completely satisfied with this chapter, nor did I get a chance to edit it. It is mainly due to the fact that I chose to change the original plan I had for the plot. However, it has been a long time since my last update, so I decided to upload it anyway.

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.

 

SNSD arrived at the MBC station the night before the Gayo Daejun performance. As they walked into the building, Tiffany held Jessica’s hand with a vice-like grip.

Tiffany had been low in self-confidence lately. Tiffany, having grown up in the U.S., did not have the healthiest eating habits and when the winter holidays came around she indulged more than she should have. Her weight gain was noticeable enough for her to request changes to her stage outfits, but there were more things on her mind tonight.

Wooyoung danced with Seohyun, Yuri, and Taeyeon the night before, causing Tiffany to be both jealous and self-conscious. Before the show, Tiffany had pretended everything was fine in front of Wooyoung, but once he turned his back she became a nervous wreck. Unfortunately, Tiffany was unable to meet with Wooyoung after the show and did not get the reassurance she needed from him. Jessica squeezed her hand. Tiffany glanced at Jessica and forced a grin before taking a deep breath.

There was still an hour before it was their turn to rehearse with 2PM onstage, but rather than stay in their waiting room Jessica persuaded Tiffany to go with her to find 2PM’s room. Down the hall, they found Taecyeon and Yoona talking to the choreographers about some last minute changes to make the dance more cohesive with the film segments.

Jessica waved, but he didn’t see her. Jessica wanted to at least go up and say hello, but knew that Tiffany needed her until she could get reassurance from Wooyoung. Jessica knocked on the door, and was about to peek in when one of the stylists cracked the door open and stuck her head out.

“Hi, Is Wooyoung there? We needed to discuss the choreography with him,” said Jessica, while Tiffany looked elsewhere.

The stylist rolled her eyes and gave Jessica a knowing look. Jessica shrugged with a grin. She knew the stylist had to know Wooyoung and Tiffany were seeing each other. There are only so many times one could make excuses to see someone before people got suspicious and Tiffany and Wooyoung had used up all their excuses long ago.

“He’s changing right now, but I’ll let him know,” said the stylist. The door closed as her head slipped back in.

Jessica was asked to step aside as people brought a rack of clothes that needed to go into the room. Tiffany was frozen in place behind Jessica, forcing her to step around Tiffany. Jessica turned around to face Tiffany and sighed. Tiffany was leaning against the wall and looking at the ground. She was picking at her fingernails unconsciously as she waited for Wooyoung to appear.

“Why are you so anxious? If there’s anyone in this industry you can trust Wooyoung with, it’s your members,” said Jessica. “Besides, you know as well as any other performer that it was just choreography and nothing else.”

“Ugh,” grunted Tiffany. She turned towards Jessica and scratched her head. She looked down at her open palm as if all the facts were written there.

“I know all that, but,” she paused. “Their hands were all over each other in the choreography,” said Tiffany softly. She crossed her arms in front around her waist.

Jessica guessed that Tiffany was worried that Wooyoung would inevitably look at their bodies and compare her to them. Just then, Jessica sees the room door open and Wooyoung peek out. Upon making eye contact, he signals for Jessica to stay quiet.

“I don’t like how Yuri needed to touch his face and his neck,” complained Tiffany. “It wouldn’t be so bad if she didn’t do it so seductively.”

Jessica laughed, causing Tiffany to pout. Wooyoung stepped out from the room and closed the door as quietly as he could.

“I don’t know that she enjoyed it much. Yuri said all she felt was sweat from his previous performances,” joked Jessica. “You should trust Wooyoung.”

“I do,” whined Tiffany. “I trust the members too, but it still makes me feel uneasy.” Jessica chuckled.

“You’re just jealous. It’s natural,” said Jessica. Jessica turned around and looked down the hall. Taecyeon and Yoona had gone off somewhere, and he never even noticed she had been standing nearby all that time.

“Not only with Yuri, but he even held Taeyeon close from behind,” grumbled Tiffany. “Today I get to dance with him, but he’s such a great dancer. I can’t dance like they do, and they are in better shape than me.” As Jessica spun around to face Tiffany, Wooyoung suddenly embraced Tiffany in a back hug causing her eyes to fling wide open.

“But you’re the only one I hold close like this,” whispered Wooyoung in her ear.

Tiffany’s jaw dropped as she breathed in the familiar scent of his shampoo. He looked up and down the hall before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Besides, I like your curves. It gives me more to hug,” he teased.

She dared not look at her boyfriend resting his chin on her shoulder. Instead she glared at her friend, clearly feeling betrayed as worry lines appeared on her forehead. Jessica winked at Tiffany and turned to leave. As Jessica walked away, she heard Wooyoung tease Tiffany.

“I’m so touched that you would get jealous over me,” he cooed into her ear. There is no reason for Tiffany to be jealous, thought Jessica. If anything, everyone was jealous of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After running through their collaborative performance three times, the PD was finally satisfied. As they made their way back to their waiting rooms, Jessica excused herself to the restroom from the other SNSD members. Instead of going to the restroom, she hurried towards 2PM’s room and caught hold of Taecyeon’s arm before he entered the room. He turned to face her, his expression turning from surprise to warmth. He smiled at her with one of his genuine smiles. She could tell because wrinkles appeared at the corner of his eyes when he was truly smiling. He was happy to see her. Jessica’s heart skipped a beat. She motioned for him to follow her for a short distance down the hall where they were out of the way. 

“What’s up?” asked Taecyeon.

“Happy Birthday,” replied Jessica. She pulled out the present she carefully wrapped several nights earlier. Taecyeon’s eyebrows rose as he took the present from her hands. He smirked.

“And here I was thinking you forgot my birthday,” he joked.

Jessica laughed nervously. “I never forgot,” she said. “I just didn’t have a chance to give it to you.”

Taecyeon had a little trouble opening the present; it was less than half the size of h

Please log in to read the full chapter