Kimchi Fried Rice

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Okay, so another filler chapter :P I guess I'm not feeling very inspired. I even struggled with a title since it isn't all that pertinent to the storyline. Hope you're all okay with it though. I promise the next chapter will have Taecyeon and Jessica ~

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.

Noona neomu yeppeoseo

Namjadeuri gaman an dwo

Heundeulrineun geunyeoye mam

Sashil algo isseo

Jessica groaned at the sound of her alarm.

 

Geunyeoaegae sarangeun

Hansunganae neuggimil bbun

Mwora haedo naaegaen salmae everything

 

As her mind processed the lyrics, her lips slowly curled into a smile. She thought of her adorable dongsaengs. She listened for a while before reaching for her phone on the nightstand. She yawned and peeked at her phone to turn off the alarm. She lay in her bed for a few moments longer before forcing herself to sit up. She loved her sleep. She swept her hair out of her face in one smooth motion and checked the time on her phone. It was already 3 PM. She had slept for a full 10 hours. She stretched her arms out happily. It was rare for her to get to sleep in, but it was a well deserved break after weeks on non-stop preparations for the end of the year shows.

Jessica got out of bed and changed out of her pajamas before going to the bathroom. She stepped out of the bathroom, having finished her morning routine to find Tiffany on the sofa watching an episode of IRIS that she had tivoed. Tiffany saw Jessica and sat up to make space for Jessica.

“Hey, you’re finally up,” said Tiffany. She patted the seat next to her. Jessica gladly plopped down onto the couch and immediately rested her head on Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Not quite awake yet, I see,” teased Tiffany. She poked Jessica’s forehead. Jessica smirked and swatted Tiffany’s hand away. They silently finished watching the episode. Once it was over Jessica realized that she had not seen any of the other members.

“Where is everyone?” asked Jessica.

“They all went home to spend time with their families since we have a few days off,” said Tiffany. 

“Oh, right,” said Jessica. She felt like an idiot for forgetting. The members always went home whenever they had a chance. Tiffany would usually go home with Jessica during the breaks as an informal member of the family. Jessica’s parents had taken Tiffany in during their trainee years since she had not family in South Korea. However, this time around Jessica’s parents had planned a trip to a resort in Boracay for the winter holidays, so both of them were stuck at the dorm by themselves for the next 5 days.

“Are you hungry,” asked Jessica.

“Starving,” replied Tiffany.

“Let’s order some food then. How about fried chicken?” suggested Jessica. SNSD got free chicken from Goobne Chicken because they were the sponsors.

“Absolutely not,” said Tiffany adamantly. “Ever since we got that CF we have been eating tons of fried chicken. How do you think I gained so much weight?” Jessica sighed. Fried chicken sounded so good since they were on break, but she supposed she should be supportive of her friend.

“Fine, we’ll just eat fried rice,” said Jessica. She went to the kitchen and proceeded to pull ingredients from the fridge. She chopped up a can of spam, an onion, and a fistful of kimchi. She fried her ingredients and added some rice from the day before that was in the fridge. She had just fried two eggs that she placed on top of the fried rice when she heard the familiar buzzing sound of the intercom. Jessica was about to check the screen to see who it was when Tiffany beat her to it.

“I’m coming,” said Tiffany into the intercom. Jessica looked at her confused. Tiffany had changed into an oversized white hooded sweatshirt and jeans.

“Where are you going? I just finished cooking,” whined Jessica.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be right back. I’m just going to go get Wooyoung and Taecyeon,” said Tiffany.

“Taecyeon’s here!” exclaimed Jessica. Tiffany smiled at Jessica’s wide-eyed expression.

“Yup, so you had better go change,” said Tiffany with a laugh. Jessica looked down at herself. She was wearing a loose tee and an old pair of sweatpants. Her hair was tied up in a loose bun with strands of hair all over her face. She yelped and ran to her room. “Take your time. I’ll take the stairs,” called Tiffany after her.

Within two minutes Jessica changed into a cute long sleeve shirt and dark skinny jeans. She even had time to run a brush through her hair a few times. She was now grateful for all the quick costume changes she had to practice during the Legally Blonde Musical. She stepped out into the living room feeling nervous. Did Taecyeon listen to the mp3 player she gave him? Was that why he came over? Jessica’s heart was beating rapidly. She paced back and

Please log in to read the full chapter