Idol Army: Part 1

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica heard giggling from behind her. She guessed they officially began filming. She took several slow deep breaths as she fanned her teary eyes. When she felt composed she joined the other girls who were watching 2PM’s antics from the side stage area. 

Unlike her members who talked and laughed at the guys’ jokes, Jessica remained the quiet observer. Taecyeon acts loud and dorky when he’s in front of the cameras. He seems almost like an entirely different person that the guy she just met, but s don’t seem to think he’s acting any differently. Did he just put on an act in front of her?

She frowned. If there was one type of person she couldn’t stand, it would be people who were fake. She didn’t mind so much if people had to hide aspects of themselves or act a certain way especially if they were celebrities who had to maintain and image, but she hated it when people were fake to her. She prized friendships based on how genuine they were.

Jessica smiled at the thought of Yuri. Yuri was a true friend who was always blunt and honest to Jessica. Just the other day while they were filming Factory Girl, Yuri reamed her for her cooking. Jessica admitted she was bad at cooking and it did hurt a little when Yuri criticized her, but she was honest. Jessica had reflected on it later and realized Yuri had a right to be upset because she and Jessica were in change of preparing food for the party and Yuri ended up having to do most of the work.

-------------------------------------------------------

As Jessica was pondering she noticed Taecyeon’s smile waver every now and then after which he would try to get the others to settle down so they could film productively. She smiled as she believed the Taecyeon she met and connected with was the real Taecyeon.

On stage, 2PM debated how to start the show with the sound sync slate. Taecyeon told everyone he had an idea. Jessica watched intently as Jaebum shot Taecyeon dead. He fell to the ground and then he rose up wearing a halo headband. As he flapped his little hand wings and flew up, he snapped the sound sync slate.

Jessica fell to the floor laughing hysterically. The other guys were not pleased with Taecyeon’s cheesy antics and pretended to beat him up for it while Taecyeon just laughed, pleased with himself.

After the girls came out and introduced themselves, the 2PM boys had a hard time getting themselves organized for the show. After waiting for about 10 minutes, Tiffany winked at Jessica and walked over to Taecyeon.

“Excuse me,” said Tiffany. Taecyeon barely acknowledged her as he was preoccupied sorting out who would be the interim MC until Boom arrived.

Tiffany pointed at the cards. Taecyeon, distracted, gave her the cards instead of just showing her. Tiffany grinned and smoothly took over as MC to the cheers of her SNSD members and the shocked faces of the 2PM members.

Jessica and Yoona are holding onto each other laughing at the turn of events. Chansung kicks Taecyeon for giving away the MC position so easily on their own show which makes Jessica laugh even harder.

Tiffany gets them back on track and requests that Junsu ask them the first question. However, after he asked his question, the other 2PM members began to pick on him. Jessica knew it was a prank for Junsu’s birthday as she had overheard the others talking before. Tiffany on the other hand was surprised as she was completely unaware.

Tiffany turned to Jessica and mouthed, ‘what’s going on?’ Jessica played innocent and shrugged at Tiffany. When Tiffany turned back to watch the guys, Jessica smirked.

Tiffany was a fan on Junsu’s. When they were at the salon that morning, Tiffany told Jessica that the night before she had a dream that Junsu serenaded her during the couple selection. Jessica could barely keep her eyes open at the time, but she was could still tell Tiffany was making her trademark eye smile. Jessica hoped Tiffany would get her wish.

-------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung shuffled his feet and smiled at the ground as SNSD came out on stage and danced their hit song Gee. He was nervous. No, correction… he was REALLY nervous. He had tried to stand out early on by claiming the role of MC, but that had failed as now all the members fought over the MC position. He pretended to fight for the MC position with s, but he kept an eye on her. He hoped he could gather some hint as to how to win her over.

She just stood watching with her members. Unlike the others who wore more girly style dresses, she wore a satin pink skirt and white blouse that made her look more mature. His heart skipped a beat upon seeing her smile and laughed about something with the other girls. Wooyoung felt face begin to heat up. He gave up arguing and turned around to hide his face and fan himself to calm down.

Just breathe, he told himself. When he turned around he saw her standing close to Taecyeon and tap him on the arm. It was only for a moment, but he felt a surge of jealousy rise up into his chest. Before he could even react, she grabbed the MC cards from Taecyeon and began MCing herself. His jealousy rose and was quenched, all in less than 2 seconds. He grinned and chuckled to himself. He liked her moxy.

In the following 3 minutes that she was MC, she controlled the situation better than an of them had. Not only was she beautiful and had an amazing voice, but she was also talented. She had experience as one of the current co-MCs of Music Core. The guys were all flustered and didn’t know how to react to the situation.

Nichkhun stepped forward to take the position back from Tiffany, but he too was flustered and couldn’t formulate sentences properly. They asked him if he spoke a dialect to as they knew very well he could speak Korean. Rather than embarrass Nichkhun who was struggling, Tiffany simply responded to what she knew he was trying to say.

“No, because you guys didn’t seem to be running the show, so we just took over,” she said with a mock innocent face.

“No, but it’s ‘She’s Here, 2PM,’” said Nichkhun pointing out the sign.

“Well, it’s a ‘He’s Here’ special,” Tiffany replied smiling teasingly at Nichkhun’s muddled expression.

Wooyoung laughed. She was quick to ad-lib and her teasing smile sent shivers down his arms and back. How he wished she was smiling like that at him. Nichkhun gave up and turned to Wooyoung so that his back faced Tiffany.

Nichkhun raised one eye brow at him as if to say, ‘this is the girl you like?’ Wooyoung smiled even brighter to show Nichkhun he was sure. Nichkhun nodded with a grin. He shrugged his shoulders and chortled.

Wooyoung knew what Nichkhun was thinking. Boy would he have his hands full if he could charm her. We didn’t care. He liked the challenge. Besides, he was the kind of guy who would do anything to please his girl.

Tiffany began the initial informal interview portion of the show where the hosts get to ask the guests a series of questions. Wooyoung stood at the end of the line, watching intently. As she turned to face them and pick a member to ask first, he saw her smile at him. He smiled back and was about to speak. That is until she cut him off.

“Let’s start the questions with Junsu,” she said. Wooyoung quickly closed his mouth and let his arms drop to his side. She wasn’t looking at him at all. She was watching Junsu. He was disappointed, such that when Junsu tried to imitate their crab leg dance Wooyoung only waited a few second before telling him he looked bad and pulling him aside. Wooyoung was quick to jump on the next opportunity to ask a question, so that Tiffany would notice him.

“How does it feel to be on our show?” he said with all the charisma he could muster on short notice. He made sure to look at Tiffany as he asked his question. However, it was Hyoyeon who stood right next to Tiffany that answered as she misinterpreted his attention.

“It’s a bit overwhelming and distracting overall,” said Hyoyeon. Tiffany didn’t even glance his way during the exchange. She just listened to Hyoyeon’s response and laughed. So he walked up to her.

“No, you see,” said Wooyoung as he made his way over. “I’m usually very good at running the show, but the guys kept bugging me about it.” Taecyeon looked at him like he was making the wrong move, but it was too late now. He took the cards from Tiffany and stood next to her.

His plan was to change his position to be near her, but his 2PM members would have none of it and dragged him back down the line of people. He struggled to hand Tiffany back the cards before he disappeared to the other end of the line.

-------------------------------------------------------

What was that about? Tiffany as she did a doubl

Please log in to read the full chapter