A New Beginning

Love Charm: the value of affection beyond friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

Comment Please! :)

.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~.

Taecyeon lay wide awake in bed as he had for several nights now. His laptop rested on his stomach with his e-mail open. He was trying to find the right words to convey his thoughts. 2PM had been confined to their dorm for nearly a week now. At first everyone was determined to stick it out and support Jay when the controversy broke out over his MySpace comment. When he suggested leaving the group, everyone was dead set against it. All the members knew how difficult and trying being a trainee was, especially Taecyeon and Nichkhun who like Jay were not raised in South Korea.

 

Jay. Why did you leave? Didn’t we all agree to stick it out together?

 

He slammed his laptop shut and pushed it off to the side. He leaned back into his pillow and ran his fingers through his hair. His eyes were squeezed shut and his face grimaced in evident pain. Taecyeon’s chest felt tight and his throat choked up. He tried to take deep, slow breaths, but they were shaky, coming in and out in a series of consecutive bursts of air. His eyes burned with a need to cry, but his tear ducts dried out days ago.

A phone rang in the bunk above Taecyeon. The owner grumbled groggily and answered the phone.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said.

“Jagiya? Gwenchana?” said a familiar female voice on the other end. Her voice was soft and concerned.

“Cheonsa…” whispered the owner.

Taecyeon heard shuffling around above him. The voice became muffled. Taecyeon got out of bed to leave the room and give him some privacy. He looked back as he opened the door and saw that Wooyoung had cocooned himself in his blanket. Taecyeon shut the door as quietly as he could and walked to the kitchen.

Both the kitchen and the living room were empty. Since Jay left, the members had hardly spoken to each other. Everyone was upset and no one knew what to say to each other that would be comforting rather than painful. Taecyeon poured himself a tall glass of ice cold water and gulped it down it one go. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and left the glass in the sink. Taecyeon had just sat down on the couch when he felt his phone vibrate in the pocket of his gray sweatpants. He pulled out the phone to hang up on whoever was calling. He didn’t feel like talking to anyone. He checked the ID just in case it was Jaebum calling. The ID read Nunsongie. Taecyeon slid his thumb halfway across the end-call bar when he hesitated. He released his thumb from the screen and answered the call instead.

“Yeoboseyo?” he said.

“Taecyeon-ah, were you sleeping?” asked Jessica.

“No, I was awake. What’s up?” said Taecyeon.

“I just wanted to check how you’re doing,” said Jessica. Her voice was soft and kind, but without the intonation of pity he often heard as of late.

“We’re fine. Just coping,” replied Taecyeon without a second thought.

“That’s nice to hear, but I asked ‘how are YOU doing’?” said Jessica, emphasizing the word ‘you.’ Taecyeon was taken aback, but then chuckled lightly at her characteristic bluntness.

“I’m upset. I’m angry. I’m frustrated. I’m everything right now,” responded Taecyeon.

“Want to come out and talk for a while?” she asked.

“Can’t. We’re under house arrest until this all dies down, which doesn’t look to be anytime soon. All of our schedules have been cancelled as well,” said Taecyeon.

“Not even just for a walk? There’s no one down here anyway,” said Jessica.

Taecyeon pushed aside the curtain blocking the sliding door in their living room and stepped out onto the balcony. He looked down at the front entrance and saw a petite blonde leaning against a ledge next to the doorway. She looked up a waved with a small smile.

“Gimme a sec,” said Taecyeon. He hung up the phone and looked around the living room. He picked up one of Nichkhun’s beanies that rested on the back of a couch and pulled it over his head so that it covered his ears. The summer night air was chilly to only be wearing a white tank, but he didn’t want to disturb Wooyoung’s call with Tiffany to grab a jacket. Taecyeon slid on his flip flops and grabbed someone’s house keys off the kitchen counter before heading downstairs.

 

Jessica waited impatiently under the glow of the streetlamp. She needed to leave for Gyeonggi Do at 5 to film Super Junior M’s ‘Super Girl’ music video. She lied to her parents and said she needed to be at SM entertainment by 3 AM to leave so that she could see Taecyeon. She was worried about him since he was so close to Jaebum. She lo

Please log in to read the full chapter