FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)

FINAL DISTANCE (since 2009)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 97

 

YG artists’ careers continue to bloom. They had concerts like BIG SHOW 2013 and many more from 2NE1, Se7en, Gummy, PSY and Tablo too. They always own the events by winning the awards and they’re still dominating the charts. They have gone famous worldwide after having concerts in many countries around the world. They are still invading the world and it goes like that continuously which means they are getting more and more popular.

In Korea, Big Bang is on the hot spot. But Big Bang members remained humble and they’re still living their lives like any other people.

Behind the whole thing that happened, GD is still somehow going through something and trying to move on. So one night, his best friend asked him to go to a club.

GD said yes without more ado. Haha!

 

Then… Taeyang and GD went to a club together to have fun that night. The purpose of their clubbing is purely “just for fun”, just like common people do.

 

They are sitting at the VIP seats located on the 2nd floor of the club. GD is dressed up so nice.

Taeyang noticed it. He said “You swag up yourself too much tonight huh?”

GD just smiled. Taeyang said “You want to attract a girl around here, don’t you?”

“Aniyo.”

“Then what’s up with your outfit?”

“It’s to make myself look presentable to everyone.”

“That also means the same thing. You want to attract everyone else!”

“*laughs* Nah… I also got a title to uphold, I must keep it stable.” –He’s talking about his fashion style.

“Yeah.”

“This is my first time.”

“The first time wearing something like that? I doubt.”

“No, this is my first time going to a club with you alone. I usually do this with TOP hyung.”

“Ahh…”

“And the first time that you initially insisted to go and invite me.”

“*chuckles* Haha. For a change… and… I only thought that this would help you.”

“Help me with what?”

“Nothing. And even if I don’t tell it, I think you already know it.”

GD smirked at him which means he really knows it.

 

YB said “Why don’t we check out on girls tonight?”

“Alright.”

 

They look below and trying to find pretty and hot girls.

GD is wearing his sunglasses and he’s all looking so cool. Taeyang was also wearing his sunglasses, same as GD. How could these two be such hot men? Haha!

They’re like royal kings relaxing on their chairs.

 

GD said “I think I found one.”

“Where?”

“That girl, *points a girl* … I think she’s gorgeous.”

“Oh… I think so too. Nice height.”

“Yeah, nice heels. *laughs*”

They’re looking at the girl that GD pointed. What a very lucky girl, GD and YB are checking you out!

And they kept on pointing out girls that are getting their attentions that night.

There are so many foreigner girls around that club.

 

GD said “They are so many. I couldn’t pick.”

“Why do you need to pick?”

GD looks at Taeyang because of his weird question.

He said “What do you mean? This night is for us to have fun, right? I’ll choose a girl, I’ll dance with her later, that’s the normal flow, right?”

“I mean… you’re doing this to forget her, am I right?”

They get serious.

GD said “I thought you know.”

“Yes… but Jiyong… I haven’t spoken out my opinion about it.”

“Opinion about what?”

“About the proposal thing.”

“*smiles* Why do you have to bring that back now?”

“I’m sorry but I just think that you really need to understand.”

“What should I understand?”

“That did you ever think that she has her own reasons why she said no?”

“I know she has her reasons, she’s not ready.”

“I understand that you have high expectations that she will say yes and now you’re very disappointed because she said the opposite. I know you’re still disappointed right now, that’s why you’re still doing this.”

“What do you think I’m doing?”

“You’re trying to put your attention to other girls just to forget her.”

“Is there something wrong with what I’m doing?”

“I know it’s how men recover from broken hearts but… before you forget Dara, you must clear out everything. You didn’t even have a clue to what really happened, Jiyong.” –Right!

“And…?”

“Before you make a move, know well your purposes. And before you turn your back to something, make sure that the thing that you’re leaving is worth being left behind.”

He said “Tss. Haha. I thought we’re here to have fun, why are you making my thoughts so intricate again tonight?”

“I’m not making it complicated, you are making it complicated.”

“I’m not making it complicated to myself. I’ve already set my mind to something else and you’re bringing something back to my mind and now they’re two… and it’s getting more complicated for me because of you~!”

“It won’t be complicated for you if you have really forgotten the other thing and you are setting your mind to something else. If you already forgot her, what I’m saying won’t bug you anymore.”

“You know it will bug me, how couldn’t it bug me? We had 3 years! How can I easily forget her? I’m still forgetting her… I’m on that stage and now what I think from what you’re doing is, you’re trying to make me fall in love with her again. Like after she left me out kneeling on the ground… you want me to be okay!”

“I just realized that… every story has two sides… now, you have your side… what about hers?”

“Please! Just—I’m moving on now Youngbae.”

“You said to Big Bang before, that we all judge from what we only see… that we don’t try to look at it deeper…… do you remember that? When we judged you and Kiko as dating? (referred from Chapter 89)… Those words go to you now.”

“I’m sorry but I’m moving on…”

“If that’s your choice…… But as an advice… I think Dara noona has her reasons… why don’t you hear it out yourself?”

“You don’t have an idea how it feels Youngbae……… *long pause*… I can’t talk to her. I can’t even show myself to her. I don’t want to see her.”

“…………………….”

“……………….”

 

 

 

---Loud Music---

 

Taeyang said “…Then we’re here because you’re looking for someone else to cure your broken heart?”

He just sighed in reply and looked down to the dancing crowd.

Taeyang said “I know it still hurts for you man… I’m sorry……”

He said while not looking at him, “…It’s okay man.”

“You’re going to meet someone here?”

“I’ll try.”

“Jiyong, I still feel sorry for what happened… it’s been a repeated trauma for you… I hope someday you’ll be over that and I also hope that someday, everything will be alright.”

“Ne… everything will be alright, it will always be alright in the end…”

“That’s right.”

“……… Honestly……… I never wanted to love someone again. Not because I might cry… but because I might make her cry.” –Aww. =(

“Because you’re afraid that you might possibly do the same thing that you experienced to that girl?”

“Yes, it is very possible. Even if I try not to do it… I think from all other people in this planet… it’s been a cycle… it really happens. I still have the pain… and I won’t love someone else until I have it inside me.”

 

Taeyang was hushed to what he said. Jiyong has unleashed his soft side and what he truly feels.

 

Jiyong said “Seeing someone cry because of you, is the worst feeling for me… I said to myself that it I found someone to love again… I will give her anything… if she needs love, I’ll give her a lot of that… anything that she wants… everything. I will treat her right…… but I’m afraid… I’m afraid that in the end, I might hurt her… I can love her but at the same time… I can also make her cry. And I don’t want to do that. I don’t want that to happen…… I don’t want to let someone feel the pain that I felt.” –Aww.

 

Taeyang now understands his best friend’s side. GD is not in an easy situation. He’s actually having a hard time on adjusting himself for everyone because of what happened. He wants to go back to the normal him, but he finds it difficult to make it.

 

They had an awkward silence.

 

 

GD then smiled and said “Aish. This should be fun! Uhmm… maybe we should go down and dance with the crowd.”

“Yeah, let’s go.”

 

So they go down and dance with the people around.

GD gets a drink and he’s drinking it while he’s dancing. He’s holding a champagne class and moving his body to the rhythm of the music.

He and Taeyang separated when they’re already in the dance floor.

 

GD grooves with the crowd and flirts with some girls.

Girls are starting to get near him and dance with him. He’s indeed an attractive man, the chic one. Haha. He’s looking sizzling hot that night. GD just keeps on dancing and he never touches any of the girls around her. The girls keep on pouring his glass so he would get drunk and get wild.

 

Taeyang on the other side was dancing with the girls too but he had his eyes on GD. He thought “There are a lot of girls around him. He looks like he’s enjoying it. From what he said lately… I think I see a chance that he might not take anything serious anymore. Instead, he will take everything just for fun……. I’m afraid that he might get the worse case.”

 

Every single song that’s being played, GD is getting wilder and wilder.

The girls around him are touching his body already. Some are linking their arms to him, some are sliding their backs to the side of GD’s body.

 

After many songs… because he kept on drinking, he’s finally drunk. Taeyang was still watching him.

 

A foreigner girl with a model-like body goes to his front and dances. She now gets GD’s attention because she goes directly in front of him. GD continues to dance. The girl started going near to him until their bodies collide. GD just keeps on dancing yet the girl faces him and dances too with that close distance. She’s maybe alluring GD and wants to do it dirty with him. Because GD is so drunk, he almost got into it. He raises both of his arms and dances with her. He holds her waist and…… there comes Taeyang.

He pulled GD away from that girl. He said to the girl “I’m sorry to interrupt but we got to go.”

GD said while he’s drunk, “What?!”

Taeyang said while pulling him out of the club, “You might not want to get involved to another scandal.”

 

He got GD out of the club.

 

He is very drunk.

GD said “What is wrong with you man?”

“What is wrong with YOU?”

“Why? Did I do something wrong again?”

“You’re not like that. You don’t do that.”

“I’m just having fun!”

“You should thank me, if someone’s filming you, it will be an issue after… it’s not fun. You got an image to protect man.”

 

 

GD just looks at him.

 

And then…

 

“……… *hiccups*” –He looks like he was going to puke.

“What? You want to throw up? Go do it on a comfort room.”

“No, I can do this. I’m not going to throw up. Listen… I’m going back there, because I still have this glass with me… I’m just going to bring it back there. You stay here and wait for me, okay?” He walks away but Taeyang pulls him back again.

He said “Stop your alibis GD. I know what you’re planning, you’re going to leave me here and you’ll go back with the girls there. Leave the glass outside and let’s go home!”

“It’s still early!”

“It’s already 11:30PM! Silly! Let’s go. Our managers are looking for us already.”

“Aisssshh…”

“GD, I know that you’re trying to forget Dara noona… but don’t do it over the limit and not that way man…”

GD looks at him with his tender eyes and gives him a smile instead, like a retarded man.

Taeyang said “Ay, you’re really drunk! How could this decent man be so dirty when drunk?!” –Hahaha.

He grabs him and said “Let’s go!”

 

He takes GD to their dorm before he does something nasty in the club. Haha. GD is not walking straight so Taeyang got GD’s arm on his shoulders. He helps him walk.

GD sings, shouts and dances on the street while they’re walking.

They’re now waiting for a taxi.

Taeyang said “That’s why I don’t want to go to a club with you…” –Haha.

GD keeps on swaying. He can’t stand straight. He acts like he wants to go somewhere but his arm was on Taeyang’s shoulders and he’s holding it, so he can’t go.

He’s completely drunk. Taeyang said “This is a shame if someone saw us here.”

GD laughs out loud. Taeyang thought “There’s nothing to laugh about but he’s laughing? Now I know how drunken man thinks.”

 

Until GD gets serious… he stares at Taeyang with his eyes nearly closing.

 

GD said “Ya… Youngbae…”

“Why?”

“…… Thank you.” –Awww.

Taeyang felt touched that GD still acknowledges his intentions for this day. GD appreciates it all even if it’s not that obvious lately. He knows that Taeyang did that to help him overlook the past.

Taeyang said “No problem.”

 

 

And they got home. GD didn’t make it to his room so he slept on the couch, in their living room. He’s knockout.

 

Taeyang goes to his room and thought “He doesn’t listen to me after all… But I still need to make it work.”

 

He sits on the center of his bed and opens his laptop. The other Big Bang members will not be staying in their dorm that night due to the conflict of schedules.

He sent a message to all Big Bang members except for GD.

He said “Big Bang, I want you not to tell this to GD. Go online, I’ll be making a new chat room for us four! This is urgent.”

 

After 10 minutes…

 

Seungri was the first one to go online.

Taeyang invited the four of them to the chat room.

 

-Chat room-

 

Seungri: I’m in. What’s up?

Taeyang: Let us wait for the others.

Seungri: Why is GD hyung not here?

Taeyang: Because he’s going to be the topic, duh.

Seungri: Where is he?

Taeyang: He’s drunk. He’s here in our dorm, sleeping in the couch.

Seungri: That is getting habitual huh. –LOL.

Taeyang: Yeah.

Seungri: What are we going to talk about this late?

Taeyang: Why is it such a big deal to you?

Seungri: Because this time, people are already sleeping. We should be sleeping.

Taeyang: Oh shut up, Big Bang never sleeps. I know everyone else from Big Bang is awake by this time, except for Jiyong because he’s drunk.

Seungri: You have some point hyung.

Taeyang: I do.

Seungri: So… have you informed Daesung hyung and TOP hyung?

Taeyang: Yes…

Seungri: Then where are they?

Taeyang: They’ll be here soon.

 

Daesung is now online.

 

Taeyang: Speaking of Daesung…

Seungri: Daesung hyuuung~

Daesung: Sorry Taeyang hyung, I’ve read the message late. What are we going to talk about?

Taeyang: I want to tell it when we’re already four, so I won’t repeat everything.

Seungri: Just tell us a bit while we’re waiting.

Taeyang: We all know the issue with Jiyong and Dara, right? I think everything ends up unclear with them… I want them to talk about it.

Daesung: Shouldn’t we pry with them? It’s their problem.

Taeyang: Yep. But they wouldn’t make a move if we don’t do it.

Seungri: What are we supposed to do?

 

TOP is now online.

 

Seungri: WOW!

Daesung: WOW! O_O

 

They’re all shocked that TOP goes online because whenever Big Bang is having a chat in their chat room, TOP is the only one who’s not present because he rarely checks the internet. And now, he’s finally online!

 

TOP: Fantastic baby?

 

Haha! It’s a lyrics from their song, “Fantastic Baby” last 2012… “Wow! Fantastic baby~ Dance~ I wanna dance dance dance-da-dance~”

 

Daesung: Hahaha!

Seungri: Dance!

Daesung: Boom shakalaka!

Taeyang: Hold it. We need to talk since TOP hyung is already online.

Daesung: It’s miraculous. Why did you go online? How?

TOP: You know I love it when GD is the topic!

Seungri: Hahahaha~

TOP: I was riding in the cab when I got the update from Taeyang. It’s hard to find access to go online through my phone when I’m on a non wi-fi zone so I’m here at a café to check the internet.

Taeyang: Okay, TOP hyung, everyone, here it is… we need to talk about GD and Dara noona. Right now, GD is sleeping in the couch and he’s very drunk because we went to a club lately.

Seungri: Only the two of you!? Aish. That’s unfair!

Taeyang: So… I’m trying to fix or at least let GD hear Dara noona’s reason. Because I personally think that there’s something wrong… They’re not yet talking to each other, maybe if they did, they would know their sides.

TOP: What you want us to do is?

Taeyang: Let’s set them up.

Daesung: What if it didn’t work out between them? Isn’t it a waste of effort?

Taeyang: Stop making reasons Daesung-ah. I know you’re just lazy to do a task.

Daesung: I’m just saying… because that’s also what happened to us before on GD hyung’s proposal. I’m just thinking that maybe it will happen again.

Seungri: If it didn’t work out, at least we tried.

TOP: We could convince GD… but how about Dara noona?

Taeyang: We’re not going to convince them, it will be a set up. But yeah, it gave me an idea, what if we let 2NE1 into this plan to help us with Dara noona?

TOP: Exactly what I’m talking about!

Seungri: Let’s go! Let’s go! I love set ups!

 

And they planned the whole thing through chat.

 

 

The night is over and the day’s up once again.

 

GD woke up in the couch. He can’t get up and sit on the couch because his head is aching so hard.

He said “Aggh! Hangover~ Ahhk!!~~”

He’s still feeling dizzy. Haha. He tries hard to sit up. He said “Seungri-ahhhh~!!”

He’s asking for help. Seungri didn’t answer so he called Taeyang.

“Taeyaaang???”

 

No one is answering so he had no choice but to sit up and stand by himself. LOL.

He goes to Seungri’s room but he saw that he’s not there. He said “Where is maknae?”

He goes to Taeyang’s room and he’s also not there. He found that no one is around their dorm.

 

He opens his phone to text them and he saw that he got a message from Taeyang.

 

“Jiyong-ah, we’re at the dance studio for a practice. We’re sorry we left you, just eat there and come here after us. We’ll be waiting. –Big Bang.”

 

Jiyong replied, “We don’t have a schedule for practice today. Why are you all there?”

“YG just informed us. We’ll have one today. Just come here. We’re all waiting for you.”

“Alright. I’m coming.”

 

He eats then takes a bath to awaken his body and remove his hangover. After taking a bath, he feels much better. He goes out of their dorm without having a clue to what will happen this day. He just follows what they told him to do.

 

15 minutes have passed…

He arrived at the building.

 

He goes straight to the dance studio and he was serious that day. He saw them all sitting.

Seungri said “He’s here!”

Taeyang is texting, maybe the 2NE1 members. Haha!

TOP said “Jiyong!”

GD said “Yes I’m here. What are we going to practice?”

 

 

On the other hand, while it is happening in YG…

 

In 2NE1’s dorm…

 

 

CL said “Unnie. I forgot to inform you last night. We should be going to YG and practice because we’ll be performing next week.”

“Isn’t too early for a practice if it's going to be next week?”

Bom said “Big Bang’s schedule will overtake next week and they will be occupying the schedule for the dance studio that’s why we need to practice earlier.”

Dara said “Ohh… What time will be our practice?”

Minzy said “Ah! It’s now! I’m not yet fixed. Omo.”

CL said “Aigoo. Minzy-ah! You’re supposed to be fixed since lately.”

Minzy said “I’m playing xbox. I forgot. Mian.”

Bom said “I’m ready anyway… should we go there first?”

CL said “Much better. I’ll wait dongsaeng. You should go now.”

Dara was dressed that time and it will also just be a practice so no need to fix herself that much.

Bom said “Okay, let’s go.”

Dara said “Can’t we just wait for them two and go there altogether?”

Bom said “No, our manager said that if no one is there at the exact time, our practice will be postponed. Our schedule today can’t be adjusted so if we’re not going to do it at the exact time today, we’ll no longer have time to practice since Big Bang will be occupying it the days after. No one will sponsor us in practicing.”

Dara said “Aigoo~ Alright. Let’s go there now.”

Bom said “Great. Let’s go, faster!”

 

Bom and Dara ride their van and go to the YG building.

 

 

They got there after 10 minutes.

 

Bom was texting. She’s texting with Taeyang. Kyaah.

She said “Oh! Palli!”

 

 

Inside the dance studio…

 

GD said “What now? What are we waiting for here? Are we going to practice or not?”

Taeyang said “We are going to practice.”

TOP said “Our latest song… we’re going to practice the steps.”

“What steps are you talking about? Did we do a new one already? Wait. Did you all make the steps without me? Aish. That’s not fair!”

Seungri said “We’ll still be making the dance steps now.”

GD said “Then where is Jaewook hyung? (Big Bang’s choreographer)”

 

Until…

 

 

Dara and Bom entered the dance studio. Big Bang members looked at them. The plan runs out well.

TOP said “There they are!”

Dara was shocked to see them around. “Oh! I thought we’re going to practice here?”

Bom said “Sorry Dara.”

“Ehh? Why? What?”

 

GD said “They’re going to practice here? Then why are we here?”

 

He looked at Big Bang and they are just looking at him too. Taeyang said “Jiyong… we have to do this.”

GD sensed something. He said “So…. This is all a set up…”

He knew it right away that they set them up.

Taeyang said “I think you two really have to talk about it.”

He found out that it has something to do to what happen last night.

 

He stands up and goes away. GD was wordless. Big Bang members, together with Bom, go out too and left them both alone in the room.

 

GD thought “He really wants this…”

 

 

 

-------SILENCE---------

 

 

 

Dara can’t talk to him. She doesn’t know what to say.

GD sighed.

 

 

It’s a tongue-tied silence.

 

Until, GD surprisingly spoke first.

 

He thought that keeping the issue between them silent all the time won’t solve their problem.

 

He said “We’re supposed to talk about it now.”

“Ah……ye.”

 

They finally talked to each other! GD looked at her but without any reaction.

 

He said “Why did you do that?”

“Jiyong, first of all, I’m sorry if I walked out… I was just able to say those because I’m still confused.”

“Confused about what?”

“I’m not ready yet but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love you anymore.”

“Then what does it mean? Why aren’t you ready? We were talking about that long time ago before I propose and you were agreeing to it, that you’ll marry me… Why did you say ‘no’ then?”

“You know about my family background, right? My mom and dad are separated and I grew up with my mom alone……  I’m still kind of having that fear until now.”

“You know my fears too, right? You know I’m afraid of rejection and of being abandoned but you did it to me too.”

“Jiyong, let us not put the blame to each of us.”

“I’m not blaming you. I’m just saying what I feel since we need to hear both sides and this is my side.”

“Ne… I’m sorry for that.”

“………………………??”

“…………….”

“I know that it’s partly my fault, that I rushed you… but—*sigh*”

“Jiyong, I’m sorry if I hurt you.”

“I want to hear your reasons.”

“I’m scared that I will have the same fate to my mom’s. She raised us alone because dad left us. I grew up without a father. Seeing how mom strived hard to raise her children and everything that she’s gone through…… it makes me worry about my future. I’m not saying that I’m afraid that you might do it to me……… it’s just a fear of mine that I got from the experience of my mother. I hope you can understand me.”

 

Jiyong paused for a little bit then he said,

 

“It doesn’t mean that when it happened to your parents, it will happen to us too…… I understand that you have your fears and that’s what makes you uncertain and not yet ready for marriage. Yes I respect your decision but… it just hurts me so much and those times, I am not thinking of anything else but only the pain I got within me. I have a trauma from my past experiences and the feeling that when it happened to you again and the thing that you fear the most happened to you… it’s heartbreaking, it’s painful… very painful. I hope you realize that.”

 

Dara just bowed down.

 

“Dara, just because I do not understand your side with your decision and I’m moving away, doesn’t mean that I never loved you. Listen, I tried to understand, I’ve made a lot of sacrifices for you and sometimes, they make me not to understand my own situation. I never stopped trying. I always think everyday that I will be able to get over it and come back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter