The Result

Winter겨울
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYEMI’S POV

 

I run as i cry hard, not minding were my feet were going to take me even into people i bumped. Why is the world being so cruel, being so unfair when the time comes like this? I don’t know why but after running from the hospital I just realize that i was sitting now at the bench in Han River while i’m holding the white envelope that the doctor gave me. It’s the result of my medical examinations; I was gripping it tightly then throw it at the bin near the bench i’m sitting…

 

“Why?!” I shouted as i look up the sky. “Why are you doing this? Isn’t enough taking my mom from us?!” I continued, my tears were not stopping from running down my cheeks. I was crying so hard and loud…

 

“You have an acute leukemia.” The doctor announced.

 

Every word of the doctor told to me was keep echoing inside my mind…

 

“No… I’m not sick, every year i always get my result with a nice impression from the doctors. You’re lying. It can’t be. No~”

 

“I’m sorry but that’s what the test result says. So i prefer for you to start your medications right away.”

 

“No! I’m not sick! I don’t have that disease! I’m not taking medications! No!!!” I yelled tears were willing up into my eyes as i runaway out of the doctor office.

 

The people around the Han River was looking at me in confusion, maybe they’re wondering why am i crying like this, why am i shouting like this. Well, if they were in my position i’m sure not only this will they do/react maybe even worse than this, if they know that they've just diagnosed with the killer disease that also killed and take away my mom’s life. I’m sure they will feel the same that i was feeling right now…

 

“I hate you…I hate you!!!” I shouted one last time and cry even harder as i tight my grip on the bench i’m sitting.

 

What i’m going to do? How am i supposed to face my dad, my poor dad that always working for my sake. I don’t want him to feel the pain again, the pain that my mom left us. I don’t want to see him sad again; I don’t want him to see me weak when time comes. I can’t let this happen; I won’t let him feel the pain again…

 

“I’m not going to leave my dad, no…you can’t take my life like this, i won’t let you take me from my dad.” I sobbed.

 

NO ONE’S POV

 

Jaejoong stared at the necklace for a while and remember the face of the young lady that run into him. He remember how sad she was by just seeing her crying and gazing in her eyes. He can’t even help it but to feel sad, too so he decided to follow her… “Maybe she’s the owner of this necklace.” He thought while looking at the necklace he was holding then run to follow her. Jaejoong secretly followed her all the way to the Han River and saw her how she shouted all the pain she’s bearing inside…

 

Without his notice jaejoong’s tears drop from his eyes…

 

“What the heck is wrong with me? Why am i tearing?” Jaejoong mumbled then wipe the tears from his face.

 

When jaejoong saw that hyemi was finally calm and quite from sitting at the bench, he grab now the opportunity to approach her and slowly walks over her handing her his handkerchief…

 

Hyemi look up to see who's the person that giving her a hankie, then their eyes meet. They were staring at each other’s eyes for a while until hyemi look away…

 

“Sorry but i don’t accept anything from a stranger.” Hyemin said softly making jaejoong gulped in surprised because she didn’t even notice that the person she was talking to was the famous kpop idol Kim Jaejoong. Well, the fact that hyemi really doesn’t know about kpop world plus jaejoong was wearing a disguise. He wore rip jeans, a glasses and a leader black trench coat with a white tank top inside and the scarf around his neck that can almost cover half of his face…

 

Jaejoong sat beside her and hand her the necklace…

 

“Is this yours?” He asked looking at her.

 

Hyemi turn to look on his palm and saw her precious necklace that her mom gave to her on her 5th birthday…

 

“How?...” Hyemi paused then touched her neck with his both hands.

 

“I think you drop this after running into me at the hospital…just a while ago.” Jaejoong said then smile at her although she can’t see half of his face because of the scarf.

 

“You…You’re that guy?” Hyemi asked then stood up to bowed at him. “I’m sorry for running into you, i didn’t mean to-”

 

“It’s okay…” Jaejoong said cutting her sentence. “Here…”

 

Jaejoong grab her left hand and put the necklace on her palm…

 

“Thank you for giving this back to me, this necklace was so precious to me.” Hyemi said almost whisper, and then jaejoong notice a tear escape from her eyes again while she was staring at her necklace.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked her, but hyemi shook her head and bowed at him again.

 

“Thanks again mister.” She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter