Last Love

Winter겨울
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYEMI'S POV

 

After i went to the groceries store to buy something for the boys, i immediately went back to the hospital and thought that maybe jaejoong already woke up. I walk to the hallway of the hospital finding the room D-10 where jaejoong got charged. As soon as my eyes caught it, i smilingly grab the knob and turn to open it but then once i opened it i heard yoochun’s voice uttered in a serious tone that made me close it back a little...

 

“What are these guys up to? Are they having fight or whatsoever?” I mumbled softly as i start on eavesdropping to their tensing conversation.

 

“I just did the right thing i know.” I heard jaejoong said with a low voice.

 

“And what is that hyung by keeping your condition as a secret? We thought we’re brothers? That no matter what happened we’re going to care and depend for each other forever, but why do you need to hide the fact that you’re dying and suffering from leukemia, why hyung why?!!”

 

My eyes widened in shocked dropping the plastic bags i’m holding after hearing what junsu said. What does he mean by that? Jaejoong? Jaejoong is what? Dying? Suffering? Leukemia? How? Those questions keep hunting me inside my mind. I can’t barely feel myself and just let my tears stream down my face with my back left hand clasp on my mouth. Then i start to run not minding where my feet were going to bring me this time. I keep running and running that i ended up on the rooftop dropping down by my knees as i start to cry hard while gripping on my chest and felt the familiar pain but this time, it was ripping my heart apart. It was so painful that i could barely breathe and control myself on weeping.

 

Is this the reason behind those sad orbs he has? That every time he keep on smiling every day or every time we’re together telling me nothing’s wrong and all that, i still can’t feel that he was really totally happy. I can’t feel that he was really telling the truth and not hiding something from me, but why now? Why this time, this time that we’re just about to start and build our own family?

 

“Are you really that stingy? Why in all people here on earth, why him? He’s the only person left to me after you take my mom and my dad.” I said softly as i sobbed while looking above. “Why do you need to take all the people i love? Why?!!!~”

 

Seems the sky felt what i feel as the snow start to pour down and got even heavy when i cried even harder, now hugging my knees...

 

Song Playing: [Sad Story]

NO ONE’S POV

 

After almost three hours of staying at the rooftop of the hospital and when hyemi felt herself calm, she went down back to where jaejoong was. As much as possible she wants to scold the hell of him for hiding everything from her, that every time she’s going to ask him he was just nod and smile telling that everything was doing well and fine. As soon he reach the door again, she sigh first before enter the room founding him alone at the room and asleep on his hospital bed. Hyemi slowly close the door and walk towards him, closer to him.

 

She held his right hand carefully with her both hands trying not to wake him up as she sit on the bed beside and facing him. Before she slowly place her right palm on his cheek caressing it gently while her other hand was still holding his right hand. Hyemi look and stare at him for a while, which made her tear up as she starts to trace his brows and made a soft on his face. Suddenly jaejoong got awaken by her soft touch and hyemi hurriedly turn around to wipe her tears away...

 

“Babe?” He softly called out. “Thank god your already back, i’m so worried about you.”

 

Hyemi then stood up and went to the side table just near his hospital bed... “Do you want some orange?” She asked trying not to crack her voice when her tears start to stream down her face again. She grabbed an orange from the plastic bag and starts to peel it...

 

“Hyemi-a...”

 

“Hmm?” Then she simply sniffed and wiped her tears. “What is it? Are you hungry?” She asked without looking at him.

 

Jaejoong slowly get up in sitting position knowing already that hyemi was crying because of him, also because he knows that hyemi already know about his condition now since she heard them talking a while ago after yoochun saw the enough evidence, the groceries she bought and dropped on the floor just beside the door...

 

“Come here...” Jaejoong softly said to her.

 

Hyemi didn’t budge from where she was instead... “Why?” She asked. “I’m still not done peeling the orange.”

 

“You...You know it already right?” He asked her back. “You know already about my condition right? About me, dying—” Before jaejoong could continue his sentence hyemi drop the orange she was holding as she finally gave up and cry.

 

“Why you didn’t tell me?” She sobbed still not looking at him. “You said you were fine, but then the truth, you were not.”

 

Jaejoong tears also flow down now on his face... “I did that because...” He paused. “...because i don’t want you to feel the pain anymore. I know it’s hard but i’d rather choose to hide and feel the pain alone rather than seeing you crying all over again because of me.”

 

By that, hyemi turn and run back into him and hug him tight as she sobbed on his shoulders...

 

“I’m sorry hyemi-a, i didn’t mean to hide it from you. I love you too much to see you sad.” Jaejoong said as he hugged her back even tighter. “I just want to bring only happiness into your life not this, not the sad ones.”

 

“I understand.” She softly said. “Just promise me that you will fight for this. Like what you said to me before, for me? Please?~”

 

Jaejoong nodded... “I will, i promise i will.”

 

“Don’t leave me hmm?” She said as she faced him still crying.

 

Jaejoong held her face and wipe her tears... “I cannot assure you but, yea i won’t.” He replied also crying before he hugged her again.

 

__________

While jaejoong was resting and asleep at his ward, hyemi together with junsu and yoochun headed to his doctor office to talk about jaejoong’s current condition, if when and how the procedure does goes. The doctor charged him, demanding him to at least stay at the hospital for two consecutive weeks for observation and also some tests, therapies which were also part of the medication before the operation will take place if ever they’d the donor ready...

 

“We will take the test for the bone marrow Dr. Fang.” Yoochun uttered. “Just do anything possible to make jaejoong live longer.”

 

“Well, i will be honest to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter