Six

This One Thing

“I’ll be leaving now. See you later Hayoung.” The boy puts on his shoes and walks out the door. The pillow still covers your face. You feel Jaeun jump onto the sofa.

“Unnie!” She yells before grabbing your hand and examining it. “Look Jun it’s real!” You get up and throw the pillow at her. “Oww!”

Jun still stands at the door. His hand is covering his mouth.

“Don’t you dare.” You say.

He doesn’t say anything but his hysterical laughter echoes off the walls.

“How is Jungkook your soulmate?” Jaeun wants to know all the details.

“YAH! Do you think I chose this? I didn’t! I don’t even like him!”

“Oh really? Then why was he in our house?”

“He just had a cut on his wrist and I crashed into him on the way home I thought he should cover it so it doesn’t get infected.” You say before getting up and walking to your room. You sit down at your desk and look at the roses.

He’s such an idiot. Went through all that trouble, for 3 flowers? Still you smile at the thought. Then you shake your head.

You must be crazy if you think three flowers is going to make me give into you. No actually, I’m not going to give into you.  You bite your lip and sigh as you start to work on your homework.

 

 

“Did she like the flowers?” Suga asks.

“Yeah, you give better advice than Taehyung and Jimin.”

“When does all of this go down again?” Hoseok scrolls down his phone.

“I think later tonight. After Namjoon comes back.” Jin finishes adding the last touches to the food.

“Well shouldn’t he be back soon?” Hoseok grabs his bowl.

“We’ll just have to wait then.”

“You can’t be scared though. You have to try your hardest to get this girl because if they see that you’re putting a relationship out there and it’s not going well they’ll be mad. It’s kind of like why try when you’re not going to do a good job anyways.”

Jungkook takes a lot of caution, since Suga’s words are usually correct.

 

 

 

They all gather around Namjoon as he presses the tweet button. A picture of her hand resting in his, both of their marks the most obvious thing in the picture. The “#ihaveonetoo”, the only words said along with the picture.

 

 

You wake up early enough to have breakfast and not have to rush to school. You’re early to class, so you take the chance to check twitter.

That one hashtag you saw last time is trending. Among the top tweets there’s Gikwang’s. “We all deserve to be happy. #ihaveonetoo” with a picture of him and his girlfriend.

She’s really pretty, and they both look really happy together.

You get a message suddenly. “Come outside.”

“Outside where?”

“Or else I’m going in.”

“Jungkook I’m not going out.”

“Suit yourself.”

 Your class starts but you can’t seem to focus. You only half mindedly take notes, worried about what he meant in those text messages. Your class ends and as usual you go to meet Subin.

You notice a crowd forming outside, as a boy walks through them.

“Isn’t that Jungkook?” Subin asks.

You barely swallow your food. He takes a seat next to you and Subin excuses herself, completely missing the pleading look you give her to not leave.

You face the boy next to you who is silently starring at you.

“What are you doing?”

He leans chin on his hand and tilts his head bit. “Admiring your beauty.” He says without blinking.

You can feel your face burning up. Everyone in the room is starring at you.

“Don’t you have school kid?”

“Hayoung, I’m not a kid and secondly, no, I’m all caught up on my studies at the moment.” He smiles at your attempt to get rid of him.

“What are you doing here then?” You put your food down.

“I came to visit you. Can’t I do that?”

“I wish you wouldn’t.”

He smirks at your displeasure, and then leans into your ear. “Hayoung, you’re just making it harder for yourself. I told you already, you can’t avoid me. It’s fate. And now everyone knows who you are… It would look horrible for you to reject me right now.” He slowly backs off, and takes something out of his pocket. He grabs your hand, and places a matching bracelet around your wrist. “Please don’t make it harder for yourself.” He gets up, and he walks away.

You’re left there starring at the bracelet, and then Subin comes back.

“That’s so cute! Everyone is so jealous of you right now, I heard it in the bathroom. Ah the life of those dating an idol, how glamorous it must be.”

Yeah, so glamorous. So glamorous that you couldn’t sit through your other classes comfortably. People kept starring at you.

Even on the street, you felt their eyes, all on you. Those stares that could pierce through your soul, of all the girls that would love to be in your place. This place, this place you didn’t ask for.

Even the strong scent of the coffee couldn’t cheer you up.

Why was it you?

Why was it him?

Jun was still awake when you got home from work, watching TV.

“Did someone die?”

“My freedom.” You say as you sit down on the floor.

“I was meaning to ask this but I didn’t. That Jungkook kid looks nice. Do you not like him?”

“I’m trying my best to hate him.”

 

 

It doesn’t last long, the attention you’re given by strangers. You ignored their stares and they went back to ignoring you.

Jungkook however, that’s a different story. He walks you to school. He walks you home. He brings you food at work. You’re pretty sure everyone thinks you’re in a relationship.

Subin even sent you random links to fans complimenting you and how good you and Jungkook look. Some of the comments made you laugh.

It turns out that the fight BTS started on twitter for freedom to date affected everyone. So many people you didn’t know had black marks, and now they’re at least getting a bit more freedom to date.

You’re getting ready for bed when your phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Hayoung.” He says. There’s a silence.

“Yes?” You say after a while.

“Uh would you like to… I mean umm… perhaps maybe… if you want to maybe we could, like maybe get some ice cream this weekend?” You giggle at his words. “Hey why are you laughing! I’m being serious over here.”

“Okay.”

“But why not I’m cute and handsome and masculine and I’m famous and I can sing to you and we have matching bracelets and who doesn’t want to date me I mean-

“JUNGKOOK!”

“Yes?”

“Yes. I’ll go with you.”



I wasn't going to update until tommorow but who knows how busy this week will be. Here's me appreciating a snow day~  Wah, did you guys know it's 600 days with BTS today? That makes me so happy ^.^ I'm so proud of them and how far they've come and all the things they've given us.  i'm just so happy~