Five

This One Thing

“Deal.” Jungkook smirks at her.

She can’t stand the cocky smile on his face, so she excuses herself for the night and leaves.

 

 

“So can I do it?” Jungkook asks, back at the dorm.

“We’ll have to discuss it with the CEO…” Namjoon nods. “But that’s a great plan. If we all come out with our black marks then they can’t do anything but accept it.”

Taehyung suddenly pulls out his phone and starts to dial someone.

“Who are you calling this late at night?” Suga shakes his head sleepily, not able to believe they woke him up for some weak conversation.

“Baekhyun.” He says, before leaving the room. “Ah yes it’s me…”

“I think we could really pull it off.” Jimin says.

“But wouldn’t we have to ask everyone to help us?” Hoseok asks.

“But it’s in everyone’s best interest. I think it would benefit not just those with the black marks but also those that get it in the future.” Jin says sleepily.

Taehyung comes back in. “EXO says they’re down. Baekhyun says that they’ll spread the news to the other groups under SM.”

Namjoon smiles, looking at his own mark. He might be able to openly date his girlfriend of 3 years if this works. “So, who else has friends?”

 

 

Jung Hayoung woke up the next morning. She went to school, she went to work, and she went to sleep, all without knowing the time bomb that was just getting bigger and bigger. The time bomb that could probably bring all her confidence in winning the bet down.

They’re coming home from practice when suddenly Taehyung gets a call.

The boys sit, waiting for Taehyung to get off the phone.

“Baekhyun said we started a spider web….”

“What?” Jungkook is suddenly very interested.

“Well he told EXO, Kai told Taemin and Key overheard and told Woohyun who was being way to loud so then Hoya found out and he snitched to Seo Inguk and then he spread a rumor so that VIXX heard and then apparently Hyuk mentioned it to Big Byung so BTOB spread the word at Cube and Jackson at JYP….”

“That’s crazy!”

“That’s the most useful thing I’ve ever heard him say in the past 2 years!” Suga laughs, and Hoseok laughs with him.

“Text Baekhyun. Tell him to spread the news. If they’re in, retweet me.” Namjoon says.

“But you haven’t said anything.” Jimin looks confused.

“I’m about to.”

 

You’re is scrolling down your Twitter feed when suddenly new tweets appear.

GK retweeted 방탄소년단

“D-1”

You refresh your feed again.

G-Dragon retweeted 방탄소년단

“D-1”

You refresh it for a third time, and all the celebrities you follow, for some reason have all decided to retweet them. They’re all retweeting BTS? But why?

 

 

“Hyung G Dragon retweeted you!”

“Did he? I didn’t notice. It’s late, let’s go to sleep.”

 

You’re awoken by your worst enemy, the alarm clock. You hate it with the passion, the only thing you hate more than Jeon Jungkook.

Beep.

You sleepily stare at your phone, who’s messaging you this early in the morning?

You get up, and that’s when your phone makes the sound again. Beep.

You go wash your face, and as you pick your outfit for today, you hear it again. 3 more times. Finally you check your phone, and someone has been blowing it up with billions of messages.

“Good morning my love :D.”

“Hey why didn’t you text me back :(”

“You can’t ignore me forever. >:D”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m eating breakfast :D”

You quickly type a fast reply. “Who is this?”

“Your future husband.”

“Jeon Jungkook I am not marrying you.”

“Whatever you say noona. See you later, be good my love<3”

Does this kid have multiple personalities? Where’s the harsh cocky guy you were face to face with last time?

You put your phone in your pocket on silent, and put your headphones on before going outside into the world.

You go to your first two classes, before meeting Subin for lunch.

She’s starring at her phone, in so much confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“Hayoung… I think something is up.”

“What do you mean?”

“Look.” She’s scrolling down her twitter feed, and all that you see is the hashtag #ihaveonetoo.

Again, the source is BTS. Again, everyone has retweeted them. Again, there is no words, just the vague hashtag. Yesterday it was D-1, now this?

“It’s probably just some inside joke that the celebrities have, nothing big.” You shake your head, and check your own twitter feed. Gikwang retweeted them too.

You’re trying your hardest to avoid Jungkook but one way or another, you always end up remembering that he exists. Your phone dies then, and you eat lunch with Subin before heading back to your third class, a three hour long biology lab.

You finally finish biology, and start walking home. It’s raining, and even though everyone else is running home with their hoods up, you left the soft rain consume you. You’re almost home when suddenly the rain isn’t hitting your face anymore. You turn around, and you see him. Jeon Jungkook, holding an umbrella over your head.

“What are you doing here?”

“I said I would see you later.” He laughs and hugs you. He’s taller than you, you notice this for the first time. You bite your lip and push him away, in all his warmth, and continue to walk. “That’s not nice Hayoung.”

“Who said you could call me Hayoung?” Does this kid have no manners?

“Would you rather have me call you noona?” The word sends chills down your spine.

“Hayoung is fine.” You say, before remembering the situation you’re in. “Go home Jungkook.”

“After you do.”

“Why are you following me?”

“Well don’t all boyfriends walk their girlfriend home?”

You turn around to look at him. “Jungkook, I’m not your girlfriend!”

“You will be soon.” He smiles happily, looking up at the sky. You shake your head and that’s when you catch a glimpse of his hand, the one that holds the umbrella over your head.

There’s blood running down the side of it. You grab his hand instinctively, making him drop the umbrella. “Do you know your hand is bleeding?”

He looks at it, and shakes his head calmly. “No.” He’s got a bunch of little cuts around his wrist.

“How did you get these?”

“Probably when I was picking these for you?”  He takes his other hand from behind his back, and hands you three roses.

You take them from his hand and shake your head.  You grab his other wrist and take a step. “Wait.”

 You look at him, and he picks up the umbrella. “Okay, go.” You drag him along by the wrist, all the way to your place.

You let him go, after entering the house, and taking off your shoes. He also takes off his shoes, and you point to the sofa. “Stay there. I’ll be right back.” He takes a seat, and looks around the room.

You enter your room, and put the flowers down at your desk. You look for the first aid kit and you find it. You take a last look at the flowers before shaking your head. He’s really bold, that Jeon Jungkook.

You take a seat next to him and roll up his sleeve which reveals more small cuts and scratches. “Jungkook where did you pick the flowers from?”

“The bush.” He smiles at his answer.

You take the alcohol out to clean the small cuts and he suddenly pulls his hand back. “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to clean it.” You grab it again.

“Can you not-

Your faces are so close together, you can hear him breathe. You look back to the cuts, and apply the alcohol, while he’s still starring at you.

“Ah! It stings!” You look at his pout.

“It’s not that bad. Don’t be such a baby.”

You wrap his wounds, with a bigger band aid that covers most of his wrist. He giggles.

“What?”

“You’re actually pretty nice Hayoung. I was worried you’d only be mean.” He grabs your hand softly, and you almost pull it away. “Wait. I just want to see it.” He gets close to your hand, and gently looks at it.

“Why do you always want to see it?” You ask something that’s been on your mind since the day you met.

“Because I still can’t believe it.” Your eyes meet, and you see the most sincere look from him. Is this who he really is?

“Hayoung! No way!” Jaeun drops her books.

“Yah, Jaeun do you know how expensive those things are!” Jun yells before noticing the same thing Jaeun just did.

“Unnie why is Jungkook in our house?”

You sigh and lay back on the sofa, holding a pillow over your face. You’re never going to live it down for not telling them. Jungkook on the other hand gets up to introduce himself, mostly to Jun. “Hello. I’m Jeon Jungkook. I’m Hayoung’s soulmate.”



Hello there my lovely subbies! Happy Sunday~  Wah, you guys are incredible do you know that? xD hahaha i contemplated on ending the chapter here or not, because i have more written... but i think that's a good place to leave off for today. ^.^ hope you enjoy it~