Three

This One Thing

“ Jungkook.”

“How do we cover that?” Jin starts to freak out.

“Chill guys I got this. Hey can I get a band aid around here?” Namjoon asks. “Jungkook, breathe.”

Jimin starts to fan him. “Wow your face is really pale.”

“Did you say something?” The manager asks.

“Can we get a band aid?” Taehyung and Jimin say at the same time.

The manager stares at them in confusion, but regardless he finds the first aid kit and hands them the band aid.

Hoseok runs over with it, and Suga snatches it. “No, let someone else do it.”

“Who said you could do it?” Jimin grabs it from Suga’s hands.

“Children you’re going to break it.” Jin grabs it, and peels the plastic off. With very slow movements he places the band aid successfully around Jungjook’s finger, covering his black mark completely.

 

 

“Wait what do you mean you don’t know who it is?” The girl asks.

“You heard a name didn’t you?” The boy looks at her, confused.

“But what if she’s one of those unfortunate people that accidentally walked past the person, and just lightly brushed against them? How would you even know who it was?” The girl brings this idea to her mind, and it horrifies you.

Thinking back, the train here was packed, and so were the streets, but you don’t recall crashing into anyone.

Jung Hayoung! How could you let this Jeon Jungkook catch you off guard? Then it hits you, if you don’t know who he is, he probably doesn’t know who you are either. This is perfect! Now you can continue to pursue Gikwang without a problem!

“I need you up at the front, the event is starting.” The manager calls for them.

Sure enough, things up at the front are chaotic.

There’s a long line, and you’re helping make the coffees for the endless stream of fans. It’s tiring, a bit more than the usual morning rush, but there’s a reason you work at a coffee shop. Your coworker passes you an Americano and the strength of it is enough to bring you back to full awareness. You notice the sun has gone down now, and it’s started to rain.

A familiar melody fills the atmosphere and with it comes a sweet voice from the small stage you helped set up, across the room.

“Baby baby, you’re a caramel macchiato…” The first line, you instantly recognize from Urban Zakapa’s Caffe Latte. “Your scent is still sweet on my lips…” You look at the boy, who sings with his eyes closed and for a second, his voice has completely captured you. “Baby, baby, tonight.” He finishes his line and a blond boy takes over and starts rapping.  You’re watching him, until you feel some eyes on you. You turn back to the younger boy with the sweet voice, and he suddenly looks away, smiling. The boys around him smile, and it confuses you.  You shake off the thought and take another sip of your coffee, they were probably just starring at a spot on the wall behind you.

 

 

The boy group, whose name you’re 100% sure you were told earlier but somehow can’t seem to remember, is finally biding their fans goodbye. It makes you a bit jealous of their fans, they basically got free coffee and a mini concert and a hi touch on their way out. It’s been a good year since you’ve seen BEAST.

You clean up the place as usual, with your coworkers. After about an hour everything is back to normal, and the place is as clean as it was in the afternoon. You volunteer to take out the garbage, and say good night to your coworkers, since you usually go out the back anyways. You throw the bag away in the large bin, and you’re about to put on headphones when you turn and see the boy from earlier.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I scare you noona?”

Noona? You stare at him, confused. “Can I help you?”

“Noona, do you know who I am?” He takes a step forward, smiling, and you take a step back.

“Am I supposed to know?”

He scratches the back on his head, and laughs a little. “Maybe. I mean, you should… I know who you are… I think you’re supposed to know who I am. I’m not sure though I’m new to this whole finding your soulmate thing…” he stares at his hand in delight and then looks at yours.

Finding your soulmate? What? No, this boy right here he couldn’t possibly be Jeon Jungkook, could he? “Jeon Jungkook.” You say his name out loud in your confusion.

“That’s me! Whoa noona you have it too!” He reaches for your hand and he touches it. You jump back at his touch.

“Don’t touch me. I don’t know you.”

“But noona-

“Don’t touch me! I don’t know who you are, I don’t know what you’re talking about! Stay away from me!” You end up screaming at him.

You quickly put your headphones on, and start to walk away.

“It was nice to meet you Jung Hayoung!” He waves, as you walk further from him, faster after hearing your name.

He watches you turn the corner and once you’re out of his sight Jimin and Taehyung emerge from the shadows Taehyung clapping. “Great job kid!”

He laughs nervously. “Are you sure? I don’t think she likes me that much.”

“Naw, she’s just playing hard to get. All the pretty girls play hard to get. Trust me.” Jimin assures him.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes we’re sure! Trust your hyungs, we got skills with the ladies.” Jimin and Taehyung both nod at each other.

Even if their skills aren’t reliable, Jungkook has no choice but to trust them, because he honestly has no idea what to do when it comes to girls. He wasn’t expecting to hear a name until at least 25. Maybe by then he would know what to do.

 

 

 

You get home to Jaeun munching on some chicken. You sit down and start eating too, open a can of beer and chug it down.

“Whoa who rained on your parade?” She asks bringing the can to .

“YAH JAEUN WHO SAID YOU COULD DRINK THAT! YOU’RE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT!”

“No one said I couldn’t.” You sigh and she pouts, putting the can down.

“Fine. One can, you get one can.”

“Yay! Unnie is the best!” She cheers.

“Where’s Jun?”

“He’s out celebrating with the company because the presentation went well and they made the business deal.” She says in a bored tone. “But aren’t you going to ask me how the fan meet went!”

“How did it go?”

“They all signed my album! And I got to hold P.O’s hands! For two whole seconds! He said mine were soft!” You can tell she’s off fantasizing about what else could have possibly happened. “They were all so nice!”

“Jaeun, do you know who Jeon Jungkook is?” You suddenly ask.

“Jeon Jungkook, of BTS?” You nod, that’s what their name was.

“How old is he?”

“18, why?”Ah, that explains why he called you noona.

“No reason.” You finish you dinner and she goes on talking about Block B. You escape to your room when she turns on the TV, and you look the door. You look around at the posters of BEAST, and especially at the one of Gikwang.

“I’m so sorry oppa. But I have to do this.”

You sit on your bed, and plug your headphones into your phone. You search BTS and click on the first result. War of Hormone.

The music starts, and sure enough it’s the same boys from the afternoon, just not dressed in barista clothes.

The blond one starts rapping and they’re all walking behind him. You spot that boy, Jeon Jungkook, because of his smile. “Yes I’m a bad boy, so I like bad girl.” You can’t help but laugh. You say you know all there is to know, eh?

The only thing you need to know, is that you need to stay away from me Jeon Jungkook.



Hi there subbies~ hope you're enjoying this so far xD