Twelve

This One Thing

Jungkook stands up right away and bows. You feel a tiny bit nervous as he walks over to your parents. “Hello, I’m Jeon Jungkook. I’m Hayoung’s boyfriend.”

“And you’re her soulmate too, oh you’re such a cutie!” Your mom’s words make you want to laugh.

Your dad nods. “Yes, all our kids have cute soulmates. Just like you.”

You laugh at your dads words and you mom makes a puking sound. “All the men in this family are overly sweet.”

Your parents brought home some food so you guys put homework aside for a while to eat with them.

“Oh look at him he eats so well!” Your mom says, and Jungkook suddenly feels anxious since the eyes are on him. You notice the shakiness of his hand, and redirect the attention off of him.

“When are you going back to Changwon?”

“Tomorrow. We’re coming back in month for her wedding.” Your mom says.

Both you and Jungkook stop eating.

“She’s getting married next month?” You barely make it out.

“Yes we’ve scheduled the wedding for next month here in Seoul, that’s why we came, so we could pick out the wedding hall. You’re invited too Jungkook.”

“Oh thank you, I’ll make sure I go.” He says.

Your parents leave soon after they eat, back to their hotel.

“Hey Jungkook… is it just me or is it too soon for Jaeun to be getting married?”

“No.” He says without looking up.

“What? Why not?”

“Hayoung… if I asked you to marry me right now, what would you say?”

There’s nothing but the scribble of your pen in the room.

“Hayoung. Answer me.” His hand rests on top of your and you let go of the pen.

“I would say you’re crazy.”

“Crazy yes, crazy for you.” He blows a kiss and you both laugh.

“I just think it’s kind of crazy…. I mean they’re both still not out of high school and they’re so young…..”

“That’s some stuff right there, but they must have some sort of fate to be married this early. I mean there’s people who met their soulmate when they were 5. There’s people who don’t meet until they’re 52. I think that there’s something Seokwon had to have seen in her to agree with this, Jaeun is the only one who objected.”

“Wait what? Jungkook what are you talking about?”

“Oh noona you’re so clueless! I don’t know if I should tell you….” He turns away.

“Tell me what? Jungkook you’re going to tell me.”

“Oh it’s nothing….”

“I’ll kiss you.”

“Okay.” He turns back. “It’s this thing. We all see something in you. If we don’t there’s no point in chasing you.”

“What did you see in me?”

“Honestly I saw a challenge, a beautiful challenge. It was so much fun teasing you the first couple of days. But I knew it then, when I saw how nice you were when my arm was bleeding, I knew you had a nice side and that you were just putting up a wall. You didn’t want me because of my fame.”

You’re quiet since he hit it right on the mark. “Jungkook I still don’t…” He gets up and walks over, sitting next to you.

“Shh.”

He pulls you in for a kiss and it makes you forget all the bad feelings, makes you forget that you actually didn’t like him at first.

And then he leaves. But he doesn’t leave your mind. You giggle yourself to sleep. Your boyfriend is adorable.

 

 

 

 

Jaeun looks so cute in her wedding dress, like a pretty princess. You’re keeping her company in the waiting room, when Jungkook texts you that he’s here. You go out into the hall to find him, and that’s when you see the boy walking at you in a tux. You stop breathing for a second as he comes up to you, a smile on his face.

“You look beautiful.”

“You look really good in that suit.” There’s a part of you that’s happy that he’s there as your date and not anyone else’s.

“Let’s take a picture yeah?”

“Is this going to end up on twitter?”

“Ah maybe? No promises.”

The groom is running around nervously talking to his friends and your parents are greeting guests. You go back to Jaeun.

“You should smile, it’s your wedding not your funeral.” You say.

She sticks out her tongue at you almost sourly. You’re glad you got a little smile out of her at least.

Jun joins the party along with Kami who’s still looking beyond skinny.

“Aww her dress is so pretty I want one like that!”

“Then maybe we should get married.” Jun says.

She elbows him as usual, but a smile forms on her face. “Not until after this.” She says quietly and her hand falls to her invisible stomach. “I’m too sick to get married right now.”

“Kami, unnie! Let’s take a picture!” Jaeun says and you two pose by her.

She sighs as she looks at the door, and you notice her friends are there. You go back over to Jungkook and Jun but you catch her friends fangirling over him.

“Oh my gosh you guys are so lucky!”

“Jaeun your family is so amazing you’re marrying a rich boy, your sister’s dating an idol and your brother has such a pretty girlfriend!”

“How do I get a fate like that!”

“Fate my . Wait till you see the groom.” She says and rolls her eyes.

“Do you guys want to go sit down? I think there’s a bit too much drama here.” Jun says. You walk along with Jungkook and Kami, and you all sit together at the table.

Kami is telling Jun about some Japanese dish that she really wants to eat and Jungkook looks a bit nervous.

“What’s wrong?” you ask.

He snaps out of it, shaking his head. “Okay I guess it is a bit crazy for your sister to be getting married. There’s so many people here… I guess it’s overwhelming.”

“You can be overwhelmed at your own wedding, just enjoy this one.” Jun laughs and it cheers Jungkook up a bit.

The servers come by with food and soon the wedding starts. They get the signing and the vows done, and Jaeun impresses you because she seems to be putting some enthusiasm in.

“Wow.” Kami says.

“What?” you asks.

“Do you want me to tell you a secret?”

You nod out of curiosity. She motions for you to get closer.

“When a man looks at you like that, it means that he loves you.”

You look back to the stage where Seokwon is looking at Jaeun, he’s not worried or anxious like he was before. He’s just watching her talk, a soft smile on his face, his eyes completely absorbed by her.

You look at Jungkook, who’s playing with the food on his plate. I wonder if he’s ever looked at me like that.

He catches you looking at him and gives your hand a soft squeeze. You smile, trying to avoid looking into his eyes.

“And actually I have a present I’d like to give to my lovely bride.” You turn to the stage where he gets up and covers her eyes with his hands.

“I wanna know!” she says frustrated into the mic he’s holding and everyone laughs. Jaeun, oh Jaeun.

7 male figures make their way up to the stage.

“Get out. Oh my god.” You barely make out.

Jungkook turns from starring at you and look onto the stage, his eyes go big.

There’s a lot of mumbling in the room and her friends scream and cheer, Jaeun’s eyes are still covered though. “Hey I wanna see too!”

“I don’t think we can let you see yet.” Seokwon says.

“I’ll divorce you if you don’t let me see.” She says. Everyone laughs.

“We’ll I guess we can’t have that. Here’s my present to you.”

Jesus, what words are needed? Everyone calls you a masterpiece.

He lets her see and she yells at the excitement of what’s in front of her.

“The rich bastard actually got her Block B!” Jun is left without words after his statement.

“OH MY GOSH.” Kami looks so shocked by what she’s seeing. You, Jungkook and Jun all turn to the stage in unison, where Jaeun is kissing Seokwon. You all burst out into laughter. The rest of the party is delightful. You decide to go out for a walk with Jungkook who has the day free.

“So are they going to live together or how does that work?” Jungkook asks.

“I think he’s going back to Changwon to finish the school year and then he’s coming back here in spring to see her.”

“That’s a pretty long time… Hey aren’t you cold?” He stares at your legs and you shake your head.

“People in love don’t feel cold, they don’t feel hot. All they feel is love.” A random passerby says, and you laugh.

“It’s December and my girlfriend is wearing a dress. Wow Hayoungie, you’re tough.” You shake your head and start walking again, towards your house.

You hug Jungkook goodbye, still feeling all warm from spending most of the day with him. At the door you see Jaeun crying a river over Seokwon, who’s leaving back to Changwon.

Your phone beeps. “I had so much fun spending our 99th day together. Sleep well, I’m taking you out tomorrow.”

“Where are we going?”

“You’re just going to have to find out.” He smiles after sending the text, even though he knows you’ll keep asking where, he’s not going to give a single detail away.



What up subbies did you miss meeeeee??????

sorry guys i haven't had much time to write, work was kicking my for the last 6 days >.>

:D did you like it???

but let me get block b at my wedding xD

Jk idk who i would choose if i could have anyone there because my top bias groups are Infinite, Exo, Vixx, and BTS. oh lordy O_O

Hehehe i'm excited, i wonder what jungkook has planned for Hayoungie? ^_^