Seventeen

This One Thing

“He’s not the one.” Subin murmurs.

“I’m sorry.” You say, and you hug your best friend.

“No it’s okay, I mean I just don’t know what I expected.”

“Drinks after this?” You ask.

“Why is that even a question.” She says and she laughs.

You meet up with Jimin and Soojun, and spot Taehyung and Jungkook at the other end of the wave pool.

“It’s getting cold!” Soojun whines.

“Come on just one more thing! The big group slide! We can all race each other down!” Jimin tugs at Soojun’s arm.

“Okay.” She says and you all walk to the slide, climbing up the millions of stairs.

“Ladies first.” Taehyung says when you get to the top.

The three of you sit down on the edge of the slide, and next thing you know, Jungkook screams go, and he pushes you down.

Subin manages to beat both you and Soojun down, and Jungkook beats both of his hyungs down the slide. As Jimin promised Soojun, it was the last thing you did before showering and getting dressed.

You all go out to eat at a restaurant.

“Do you have to leave for 2 months?” Soojun stuffs food in Jimin’s mouth and doesn’t leave him room to answer.

“2 months?” Subin asks.

“Our world tour.” Taehyung looks her in the eyes.

“Oh right.” She mumbles and looks away.

Jungkook looks at his friend and then at you, and Taehyung looks down at his food, hurt, the same as Subin. Subin grabs a glass and drinks the whole thing. You and Jungkook exchange looks almost the whole night but neither of you fail to notice how drunk Subin is getting, how little Taehyung is eating, or the hurt they both have painted on their faces.

“This was so much fun! We should do it again someday!” Soojun says on the way out.

“I’m down if you guys are.” Jimin says.

“We’ll see I guess.” Jungkook says.

“Do you mind if I take her home?” You ask Jungkook.

“No go ahead.” He says, and you say goodbye to everyone.

When you finally get to her house your best friend entrusts her pillow to keep her tears safe for her. “Why can’t I have Taehyung!”

 

 

 

“Noona!” Jungkook screams from the other side of the screen.

“JUNGKOOK WHAT TIME IS IT OVER THERE!”

“7 in the morning!”

“Oh. Okay. I was going to hurt you if it was any earlier.”

“And you noona?

“11pm.”

“HAYOUNG.”

“What? We’re in the middle of summer.”

“You’re beautiful.”

You laugh at his compliment and he smiles. “Have you ever been to California?”

You shake your head. “Ahh wait a little while, I’ll show you something.” You see his feet moving along the sand and you also hear a knock at your door.

“Come in.” You look over, and Subin jumps onto your bed.

“You didn’t even wait for me to say come in.”

She scoots next to you. “No I just needed to our dear Hayoungie so badly!” She teases you. “Oh what is that?”

“The sand in California I think.”

“Hayoung!” Jungkook says. “Oh is that Subin?”
“What is this a date?” Subin looks so confused. “I’ll come back in a while, I think Jaeun just yelled for me.” She lies.

“She didn’t have to leave.” You roll your eyes.

Jungkook laughs. “Noona I’m gonna show you something!”

He switches the screen and he shows you a view of the whole beach. The ocean looks so pretty, and you think you spot the rest of the boys somewhere over at the edge of the water.

“Noona you’re on the other side of this ocean!” He fixes the screen so that you’re looking at him, but you wish he hadn’t. “You’re blushing noona!”

“No I’m not!!!”

“Hayoungie! I’m going to tell you a little secret…..” He looks around. “I love you.” He whispers.

“Yell it to the world.” You .

“But you are my world.”

You shake your head at his cheesy comment.

“Okay, okay, maybe you’ll hear me on the other side.” He moves again, the closest he can get to water without getting wet. “JUNG HAYOUNG I LOVE YOU!”

“I love you too Jungkook.” You giggle, and your best friend who walked back into the room makes a puking noise.

“I have to go, the concert is later today! I’ll call you later noona! Sleep well!” He says and the video call cuts off.

“You guys are so in love with each other it’s gross. I dig it.” Subin says before sitting back down on the bed. “Oh by the way why is Jaeun making out with her husband in the hall way? Weren’t they mad at each other or something?”

You shake your head. “I don’t even know at this point, I think they’ve got some weird fate, they’re so off and on.”

“When do they come back?”

“The beginning of August, I think?”

“But isn’t that next week?”

“What???”

“Yeah.”

“I can’t believe it.” You say. Even though he calls every day it still feels like it’s been forever since you’ve seen Jungkook.

Jun walks into the room. “Hey are you busy?” He whispers.

“No why?” You speak back quietly.

“Watch the baby for me?” He rubs his hand together. “Kami is asleep, she’s so tired and I was at work all day I really need to go grocery shopping and Jaeun is sleeping over at Seokwon’s place today.”

You nod and you and Subin move to the table where you’re doing your nails, just the right distance to watch the baby from, but you can still talk.

“Does it not have a name yet?” Subin asks.

“They haven’t made up their mind yet. He’s just ‘the baby’ at this point.” You explain.

“Ahh… hey what do you think of this color?  Or should I do this pink instead?” She asks.

“Coral.” You say, but then you do a double take. “But Subin what is that?” Two rings on her finger, faint white marks.

“OH that. It’s nothing.”

“But there’s two?”

“Yeah, I don’t know why. There’s two. But then they turn gray. And then they both disappear.” She says calmly and continues to paint her nails.

“But aren’t you worried?”

“I’m probably a None, I’d be worried if I  had heard names. This happens a lot.”

“What do you mean a lot?”

“We’ll every once in a while they appear, then they disappear they never stay still and it’s they’re never black either.”

Under the table you send Jungkook a message. “Hey…. Does Taehyung have any weird marks on his hand?”

You don’t get an answer until the next morning. “No why? Good morning by the way :D”

“Ah it’s nothing. Haha, I guess it’s good evening for you there huh?”

 

 

 

You try not to look too obvious that you’re waiting outside of their dorm, but it’s getting hard to pretend you just stopped to send a text.

 “Give me 5 minutes.” He said, about 7 minutes ago.

“It’s 2059. Come in.” He finally says.

You walk into the building, take the elevator to the third floor and like he said the passcode opens the door. You meet Hoseok at the door. “Oh hiya! Jungkook is still unpacking.”

Jungkook peeks his head out of one of the doors. “I’m almost done.”

“Do you want to stay for dinner?” Jin asks.

“They’re not staying though Jungkook is leaving with her.” Jimin says as he opens the fridge.

“Aish I’m trying to sleep!... if only I was as good at it as Yoongi.” Namjoon says, as he puts his headphones in.

You start to wonder how Suga is still asleep with all of them making so much noise. Taehyung sits at the table quietly, until he sees you.

“Hey Hayoung… can I ask you something?”

You nod.

“How is Subin these days? Is she okay? I mean she’s not answering…” He sighs.

“I’m done!” Jungkook yells.

“Namjoon is trying to sleep.” Jimin reminds him.

“Oh right.” He whispers. “Let’s go.” He grabs your hand and it tingles at his touch.

The elevator has a comforting silence, but as soon as you get outside he picks you up and spins you around, and you laugh, because you didn’t think he had the strength to do that. He puts you down and he hugs you so tightly, he’s almost squeezing the air out of you.

“Your hair smells so good…”

“Jungkook.”

“Yeah?”

“I missed you.”

“I missed you more Hayoung.” He hugs you for what seems like an eternity, but you don’t complain because you’ve missed his touch too.

The two of you head out to enjoy the warm summer night under the brightly lit Seoul sky.

 



WHAT UP SUBBIES! i'M ALIVEEEE I PROMISE (BARELY)

i owe y'all an explanation as to why i haven't updated in forever... see i was typing this chapter and it didn't save... it actually did the opposite and deleted everything..... like wow thanks. 

so then i had to start all over again. D:

but like i was saying i am barely alive. barely.

I SAW BTS GUYS OMG THEY'RE SO AMAZING AND ADORABLE LIVE LIKE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE!!!!!

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THEY'RE COMING BACK!!!! WOOO!!!! funny story i went in stanning suga and jimin and i came out liking taehyung... help.... lmaoo

should i just accept taehyung as my bias?? or what???

talk to me y'all lol

ILY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING FOR THIS CHAPTER I KNOW IT TOOK SO LONG!!! * throw cookies at you* ILY!!!