Sixteen

This One Thing

“HE DID WHAT?” You wake up to Jaeun yelling over the phone.

Before you can even ask what’s going on she leaves. You check twitter and it seems Seokwon took a picture with another girl last night. You roll your eyes and get up.

You meet Subin for breakfast as you planned, mostly because your air conditioner is still broken.

“Why are you so sad?” you ask, seeing as she hasn’t really touched her breakfast.

She sighs as she brings the food to slowly. “Hayoung what if I’m a None?”

You shake your head. “You? A None? You’re the nicest person I know, I’m not just saying that because you’re my best friend.”

“But I haven’t even heard a name! It’s confusing me…”

“What’s so confusing about that? You’ll hear the name eventually.”

“Easy for you to say, you have Jungkook.”

Suddenly your phone rings. “Hello?”

“HAYOUNGIE! What are you doing today?”

“Nothing why?

“Perfect!” You hear a bunch of other voices on the other line, there’s chaos.

“Jungkook?” Subin asks. You nod.

“Hey are you still there?”

“Oh yeah! Sorry! We’re kind of cleaning the dorm out, we’re almost done….” You can heard the excitement in his voice.

“But then I’ll be alone!” You hear V complain in the background.

“You’re my best friend can’t you just come?” Jimin whines.

“Jungkook, what are you planning?”

“OH! That’s right I meant to ask you- HYUNG DON’T THROW THAT AWAY!”

“JUNGKOOK!”

“Sorry noona!” He chuckles softly. “Give me a second.” You wait, and then he comes back, then background is silent. “The bathroom is the only quiet place. Where was I?”

“You said you meant to ask me something?”

“OH THAT’S RIGHT! Want to come to the waterpark with me and Jimin and Taehyung?”

“You, Jimin and Taehyung?” Subin’s face lights up at the mention of Taehyung’s name.

“Yeah Jimin’s girlfriend is coming too, I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all, we’ll be there.” You can see Subin is anxious for you to spill the news.

“Okay then, I’ll see you later love.”

You giggle at that last word. “I’m hanging up Jungkook.” You look at Subin. “So Taehyung is confusing you?”

“Ah well-

“You can tell me later, we have to go find some bathing suits.”

“Wait why?”

“We’re going to the waterpark.”

You finish up breakfast and Subin tells you about how she’s been texting Taehyung since that night Jungkook confronted you at her grandmother’s restaurant, on the way to the mall.

“But have you even seen him? Have you hung out with him?”

“No.”

“Subin then what’s stopping you?”

“I guess it’s stupid, my crush on him, I mean I don’t even have the mark on my finger what if I meet someone else? What if he meets someone else?”

“You’ve never even hung out.” You say as you walk into the first store.

“It’s not going to change anything if we did. I mean I haven’t seen him since that day last year but we still talk a lot… I guess like friends, I mean that’s what we are.”

You shake your head at her silliness, then you get to what you were looking for.

“What do you think?” She tries on a bright blue one piece, and you give her a thumbs down.

“No you have a body. Use it!”

“Hey you have a one piece on too!”

“But you know I have that…”

“Ah your birthmark? Hayoung I think Jungkook will still find you beautiful regardless. I’ll wear a two piece if you do.”

You think about it. “Fine.”

“Well then let’s find something different to wear!”

 

 

“I don’t even see why you invited me. I’m a waste of space, just ruining your double date.” Taehyung complains.

“Oh please, you were dying to come.” Jimin says. “You did you tell them the right time Jungkook, didn’t you?”

“Yeah I said 3.” Jungkook looks around, looking for the girls.

“You’re looking the wrong way!” You yell. Jungkook and the rest of the boys turn in your direction.

You catch Taehyung’s mouth drop, and Jimin’s face gets red when his girlfriend gives him a quick hug.

“Oppa, at least make it less obvious that you’re happy to see him.” Soojun says.

You met her briefly in the locker room, but she’s really funny.

Taehyung and Subin wave at each other, and he gives her a shy hi.

“So now that we’re all here, can we go on that slide?” He points to the big red slide on the other side of the park.

You wait in line all together, and Jungkook whispers in your ear. “They’re so awkward.” You nod, and you both speak quietly, the factor being balanced out by Jimin and Soojun who are loud and playful.

“It’s been a while hasn’t it?” Subin says.

“Oh, um, yeah. How have you been?” Taehyung scratches the back of his head.

“But Jungkook does...” Subin shoots you a look at your words.

You get to the top, and Jimin talks about splitting up once you get to the bottom. Soojun leads him away, waving to you guys as they head to another slide.

“So I guess we should-“ Taehyung rubs his hands together, and Jungkook internally sighs, he kind of wanted to be alone with you. “go to the lazy river.”

“Lazy river it is!” Subin says cheerfully, but you can sense the nervousness under her breath. You and Jungkook exchange looks before walking in the direction.

Subin drags you away for a second, and you’re a bit in front of the boys. “I think the makeup is coming off.”

You look down at your stomach, and on the right side, you see it. The line, the line that you have no idea why it’s there, it just is, a slightly different color than your skin. Like a scar, but you’ve never been hurt before in your life.

“It’s okay, you can’t really notice it I guess…”

“Dude do you like her or not?” Jungkook asks Taehyung.

 Taehyung just shakes his head. “I can’t. Don’t you dare leave us alone.”

You guys float along in the river so peacefully.

“I could take a nap here.” Taehyung says.

“You’d crash into a wall” Jungkook shakes his head, and you laugh. He holds your hand in the water. “Unless you find an anchor.” You splash him and swim away, but he catches up to you soon enough, splashing you back.

“It feels so good out here! Our air conditioning is broken still.” You comment, as you take his hand again, not noticing how far you’ve drifted from Taehyung and Subin.

“Can I ask you something?”

“You just did.” Taehyung points out. Subin still has a slight frown on her face.

“We’re friends aren’t we?”

“Yeah, I mean I’ve talked to you for months, isn’t that what friends do?”

“Friends… yup.”

“Okay, my turn to ask the questions.” Taehyung swims over to under the waterfall, where surprisingly, it’s pretty dry.

She follows him, and they sit on the ledge, the water still flowing before their faces.

“You want to know don’t you?”

“Know what?” She looks at their feet dangling in the water.

“Subin…” He says softly in her ear. “I want to know too.”

She turns, and their faces are too close to each other. She does the last thing Taehyung expected. He kisses her back, and he only lets her go when he realizes he can’t breathe anymore.

They smile at one another, but he can’t hide his disappointment at not seeing a black mark on his finger.

“We should get back to Jungkook and Hayoung.”

“Yeah.” She says dryly. Why is it that it felt so right, but that it’s not? She bites her lip, and dives underwater in attempt to hide her tears.

 

“What do you think they’re doing?”

“I don’t know maybe Taehyung is using her as an anchor.” Jungkook says and he laughs. It’s your second time around the river, and you spot them at the exit, calmly talking to one another. Jungkook gets up first, and as you get up, you end up slipping and falling back.

“Omo Hayoung are you okay?”

Taehyung and Subin run over, and Jungkook gives you both of his hands, but his eyes fall onto the slightly different color of skin, it’s a bit lighter, a line, on your stomach. He helps you up, and Subin drags you away with the excuse of checking if you’re alright, hoping to get away from Taehyung long enough to stabilize herself. But you go along with her, because she looks like she’s about to cry.

“What’s wrong?” Jungkook asks Taehyung, seeing the sad expression on his face.

“You first, your face looks beyond pale.” Taehyung says.

Jungkook looks at him with the big scared eyes. “She has it Taehyung. The mark that I gave her on her stomach, she still has it.” He covers his face with his hands, and Taehyung watches as the girls walk further away, the chime of their laughs in the air.



Wahhhhhhhh 54 suscribers??? what an honorrr!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH! (seriously so excited! thank you guys so much!)

hit the upvote button for me? lol

how y'all feeling out there subbies???? TBH i've been listening to super sad music for no reason for the last 2 hours??? haha

umm but foreaalll i'm so excited i got a day off to finally write this~