Twenty

This One Thing

“I’m that pathetic aren’t I?”

“No I never said that.” The boy says.

“But you were thinking it.” She says, and a dry laughter escapes . “Ah yes, let’s follow the young widow who sings to her dead husband, the one who visits him every day. The pathetic young widow with nothing left, the joke of the town.” She looks him in the eye and chills run down his skin.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know it-

“OF COURSE YOU DIDN’T! NO ONE KNOWS! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU KNOWS WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE YOUR HEART RIPPED OUT! YOU ALL DON’T KNOW LOVE! YOU MARRY FOR MONEY, BUT I WILL NOT BEND TO THAT LEVEL! EVEN IF IT MEANS I HAVE TO LIVE ALONE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!”

He’s trying to take in her words, but they’re even too much for her. She buries her face in her hands, and at that moment Jungkook sees the gray mark on her fingers.

“Jungkook…. We should go.”

He nods and starts to follow Jin back to the palace, so much for escaping for the day.

“Jin you’re smart. What color are marks when people are dead?”

“White.”

Jungkook turns around to look at her, a last time, a horrified look on his face. “He’s not dead.”

“JUNGKOOK!”

“Huh?”

“Gosh…. I mean I like Butterfly too, and yeah it does take me to another place but geez are you that into your own music?” You ask.

“Oh. Well it’s a good song but it’s not as good as Dead Leaves.” He says and laughs. “Hey weren’t you going to sing to me?”

“I don’t recall saying that.” You shake your head.

“Noona!”

“Jungkook I have to study!”

 

 

 

“You alright man?” Taehyung asks when Jungkook come through the door.

“Look who’s asking.” Jimin shakes his head.

“Hey! We agreed to be friends! And she’s my fan, I love my fans!”

“And who’s that excuse fooling.” Jimin remarks.

“Himself.” Namjoon says and continues to munch on his food, starring at the mark on his finger. “Sometimes you just have to lie to yourself.”

“Hey I was asking Jungkook a question!” Taehyung says, and digs into his food again.

Hoseok moves over to make space for Jungkook. “Where’s Jin? Suga?” Jungkook asks.

“Grocery shopping and then dragging Suga back here before he starves.” Jimin says way too casually.

“Studio and then being dragged back here.” Hoseok laughs.

Namjoon smiles a bit. “Jungkook what’s on your mind man?”

“Do you remember your past life?” He finally asks and then puts a tiny piece of fish in his mouth.

“Maybe if you hand me a bottle I can invent one.” Namjoon says, and Hoseok passes him a bottle. “Thanks man.” He takes a big sip before responding. “Yeah. I remember it all and it was some ed up . But you know it’s all about moving forward and forgetting the past, nothing good ever comes out of that.”

“Kookie did you remember what you did?” Jimin suddenly asks.

“How are you supposed to forget something like that?” Taehyung gives his best friend a look.

“No, that’s not it. I remember how we met.”

“Do you want me to remind you what you did? I mean I was there.” Taehyung holds his eye for a second.

Jungkook shakes his head. “No that’s not it all! I’m scared guys! I mean I messed up yeah but karma exists! What if I lose her?”

“You guys have such messed up love lives. Be more like Jimin and me.” Hoseok attempts to lighten the mood.

“You mean me, just me. I don’t think taking a bullet for a girl and almost dying was a simple love life.” Jimin and the rest of the boys laugh.

“Hey! At least I didn’t spend 22 years watching a girl from a distance before saying something only because it was the day of her wedding!” Hoseok teases him back.

“If it makes you feel better I have no mark. I think I already lost her.” Taehyung sighs. Jimin pats his friend on the back.

 

 

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea Subin?”

“Of course it is! You get to watch your boyfriend, and I’m here to see my favorite band!”

“But what if they don’t like it that I’m here?”

“It doesn’t change the fact that you’re Jungkook’s soulmate, so they just have to get over it.”

You give into your friend and go join the rest of the ARMYs in their section. Today is that they that they’re filming the Idol Star Athletics Championships, and Subin had been dying to go. Not that you wouldn’t want to see Jungkook in action, it just kind of scares you because even though you’ve been on dates you haven’t actually gone to a concert or any live shows where his fans were.

“Oh, you guys are here too?”

“Soojun! Wow your hair really grew since last summer. It’s so pretty!” Subin says and a smile forms on Soojun’s lips.

“Thanks! I meant to cut it but Jimin likes the long hair so I thought I would just grow it out, and when it gets long enough, I’ll donate it.”

You’ve never thought much about Soojun, but now you’re starting to see that she’s really a match with’ Jimin. From all the talking Jungkook does about him, he’s a really sweet person. It would only make sense that he would end up with someone equally as sweet.

“Want to sit together?”

“Of course!”

95 line runs over to wave to all the armies, Jungkook and the rest of the boys not far behind them. Subin lets out an exaggerated laugh, and you exchange looks with Soojun. “She’s in love with Tae.” You mouth to Soojun and she sighs, patting Subin on the back, but she doesn’t notice.

“We’ll do our best today for you ARMY!” Hoseok screams before shooting a big heart at the crowd.

“If there was a napping competition I would win for sure.” Suga says, and everyone laughs.

Jungkook’s face lights up when he sees yours in the crowd. He smiles and waves and you kind of want to hide. He stares at his left hand for a second, and in turn you stare at yours. The ring, one stone sits happily by itself, awaiting the other six. You look back up at him and he gives you a smirk before yelling. “I LOVE YOU! I’LL DO MY BEST!”

They walk off back to their spot, and a surely enough Suga sits down.

A lot of screaming comes from the next block of fangirls over, due to some dude throwing huge hearts. “Who’s that?” you ask, and the nice girl next to you answers.  “Ah, I think that’s infinite.” The name sounds familiar, probably from around the same time as BEAST. You turn your attention back to your boyfriend who’s currently being forced to stretch by Jimin.

 

 

 

“Hey I think I see Exo!” Taehyung says. “Come with me to say hi Jimin!”

“Not right now, I need to stretch.” Jimin whines.

“I’ll go with you.” Jungkook volunteers to get out of stretching, and the two start walking across the field.

“BAEK!” Taehyung yells from at least 30 feet away.

“TAE!” Baek he yells back, and the two start running towards each other before hugging.

Jungkook scratches his head for a second wondering why he volunteered to come along anyway when suddenly he hears a “WATCH OUT!” He turns in time to catch the Frisbee that almost hit him.

“Nice catch!” This guy comes running over to grab the Frisbee. “It wasn’t meant to go in that direction but Sunggyu has bad aim.”

“Jungkook!” Taehyung yells for him to come over.

“Ah, it’s okay, I was in the way anyways.” He says before he hands him the Frisbee and continues walking over to Tae.

The boy with the Frisbee stares at Jungkook’s hand, the black mark resting to peacefully on it, before walking back to his own group

“Why’d you throw it that hard?” Hoya asks, sass in his voice and all.

“After what he did to me, I figured the least he could do was take a hit.” Woohyun responds.



HAI.

BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING ME!!!!!!!!! (oops, ma bad.) I knowwwwww i forget to update but here's a funny story..... i actually thought i did. like. months ago. So chapter 20 and 21 were just chilling on my computer this whole time.... i knowwwwwwwwwwwwww. I'm bad. I'm sorry. But shout out to who ever the heck is still reading this, you guys are the best. And i will try to update if i  am not drowining in hw. here's hoping for the best XD