Ten

This One Thing

You’re coming home from work when Jun texts you that your parents are there.

It’s a Thursday night and you’re not sure if you’re ready for this. You walk through the door and you can already smell the beef that your father is cooking. Your mother is doing her nails on the couch.

“Hayoung my child!” Your dad yells in joy from the kitchen. You give him a hug and your mom asks you if you could turn up the TV.

“Do you think that this color makes me look younger?” Your mother asks.

“You look 23 to me my love!” You father sings from the kitchen. You both laugh and you walk into your room, Jun right behind you.

“Where’s Kami?” You ask.

“SHH.” He hushes you. “She’ll be back tomorrow she took a trip to Japan…”

“Ah. Okay. And Jaeun?”

You hear a loud thud from the closet. “I’m not here!”

You and Jun both shake your heads when Jun’s phone rings. He goes outside onto your balcony to take the call.

You go back to the living room and you both laugh along with the sit-com on the screen. Your dad yells that the food is ready and you all sit down at the table, even Jaeun who insists that she’s not there right now.

“How’s work going Jun?” Your mother asks.

“It’s good, the company just signed a huge deal with another corporation in Japan.”

“And how’s school for you Hayoung?”

“It’s good I guess.”

“Still working?”

You nod. “Decided what you’re studying yet?”

A smile forms on your face when they asks that. You recall the conversation you had with Jungkook yesterday.

“I’m going to tell you something really important…. And I need your opinion.”

“What is it?”

“I think I want to be a doctor.” You finally say.

There’s silence for a while and it worries you but you hear him yell something to someone else. “Sorry about that, I think Taehyung just burned the ramen he was trying to make.”

“Umm, but did you hear me?”

“Yeah I did. I think it’s a great idea.”

“You think I could do it?”

“You? Yes! I mean you stole my heart, what can’t you do Hayoung?”

You blush at his words. “Seriously Jungkook??”

He laughs. “But really, I think you’d make a great doctor. I’m just worried that your patients will fall for you, and we can’t have that.” You can sense the pout on his face, and the jealousy.

“Jeon Jungkook, I’m going to need you to look at your left hand, specifically the ring finger.”

“Speaking of the ring finger…”

“Hmm?”

“Ah never mind, I have to go, I smell things burning.”

 

 

 

“What the hell is this?” Jimin picks up a pan with burn stains.

“Park Jimin it’s too early in the morning for you to swear like that!” Jin yells from the other room.

“Oh , it’s still there?” A sleepy V enters the room.

“What is this?” Jimin holds the pan up.

“Oh, I tried to make ramen the other day since we were supposed to go eat but you left me for your girlfriend.”

Jungkook feels the shade from the moment he walks in.

It’s going to be a long Friday.

 

 

Hayoung’s phone vibrates. “Do you have time tonight?”

“Yeah why?”

“Let’s go on a date!”

“Okay.” You smile as he hangs up.

 

You parents drag Jaeun out of the house and she begs for you to help her, but you’re too busy getting ready for your date so you ignore her pleas.

Your hair is simple, with a bit of a wave to it, and you wear some jeans with a cute top and a jacket. You see Jungkook walking up your street from your window and you hurry to meet him outside. His arms wrap around you momentarily before he takes your hand.

“We’re almost 100 days.”

“Almost? We have 30 days to go Jungkook.”

“That’s still 70% of the way there.”

You feel some eyes on you but you try your best to ignore them. Jungkook tries not to make eye contact as you work your way to a less crowded part of the city. You end up at a restaurant, and he’s playing with your hands when you see your parents walk in with Jaeun.

“UNNIE!” she practically yells.

Jungkook looks startled. “Jungkook, don’t freak out, but those are my parents.”

His face is blank, and Jaeun takes a seat next to you.

“Yah, what are you doing?” You whisper.

“I’m joining you.”

“No you’re not Jaeun, you have a date with someone else.” Your mom says. “But who is this Hayoung?”

Jungkook stands up. “I’m-

She laughs loudly as your dad walks over too. “I’m kidding, aigoo child I know who you are! You’re Jungkook from that boy band. Isn’t he lovely dear?”

“Ah yes I love that whole ‘doegopa neoui oppa’ song.” You shake your head, feeling the embarrassment rise all the way up to your ears. “We’ll talk another day, it was nice to meet you.”

“Enjoy your date.” Your mother winks and you feel really uncomfortable now. The drag Jaeun away, and you finish your food.

You’re about to leave  when you see a family walk in with their son, chubby, glasses, and he looks like money.

You laugh and Jungkook looks confused. “I think that’s Jaeun’s date.” He laughs a bit, and you walk into the mall.

You walk into a couple different stores but nothing catches your eye, until you see a cute light green dress.

“Try it on.” He grabs you and pushes you towards the fitting room.

You try it on and it’s really nice.

“You’re so pretty.”

He makes you giggle, and you change back into your own clothes, leaving the dress aside. You sit down for a while and he takes out his phone, you guys take a few pictures together. You notice it’s gotten pretty late into the night but regardless you decide to watch a movie.

There’s only two other couples in the theater and you get so comfortable in your seats. His head rests in your lap, and you play with his hair.

“You want to know something Jungkook?”

He nods. “I didn’t think I was going to like you this much.”

He sits up right away. “What do you mean?”

“I didn’t think I was going to like you this much… But I guess I was seeing you as an idol and not as who you really are.”

“It’s okay. All that matters is that you’re with me now.”

“I’m so sorry Jungkook.” He looks at your face and he hugs you.

“Hey, it’s alright. Please don’t cry.”

You shake your tears away and he kisses you all of a sudden.

He walks you home and after getting into bed a thought haunts you.

Jeon Jungkook, do I even deserve you?



WHAT'S UP SUBBIES!

Don't butcher me i haven't really had time to write..... so it's kinda short D: But with that being said...

omg...

BTS IS COMING HERE AND I CANNOT BREATHEEEE

SOMEONE KEEP PARK JIMIN AWAY FROM MEEEE