One

This One Thing

Jung Hayoung, get your head straight!

You must have not heard right, you must have not.

Still, you try to clear your head, but no other name comes to mind.

Jeon Jungkook. Not Lee Gikwang, with the plum lips, the beautiful smile, the abs. The abs. My god the abs. Not Gikwang, but Jeon Jungkook.

“No no no! I refuse!” You angrily slurp up the rest of the noodles.

“YAH! What is it now? Either shut up or get out of the room! Block B is going to come on now!” You shoot your younger sibling a look and she sticks her tongue out. That disrespectful younger sister of yours, obsessed with Block B.

Your older brother comes out of the room, not bothering to even say good morning but rather just pours hot water into the cup of noodles, and sits there waiting soullessly. Not until he’s halfway done with the noodles does he speak. “What are you two fighting about so early in the morning?”

Your sister cheers passionately for Block B, you almost wonder why she isn’t at the venue instead.

“And what gives us the pleasure of spending another morning with you Jun? Still not married?”

“Shut up if you don’t want this hot liquid flying at your face.” He gives you the evil eye, before drinking it down at your silence. But something is wrong, you can tell. He finishes his food, and gets up sourly heading downstairs.

“OH! BTS IS ON THIS BROADCAST TOO! AHHHHHH!” You sister excitedly cheers.

“You kids nowadays have no loyalty at all. First you like BAP, now Block B, I don’t even know who BTS is.” You would never dare look at anyone other than BEAST, no one other than your precious Gikwang oppa. She yells something about some Bangtan Sonyeondan, whoever the heck that is, and you ignore it.

You get up, leaving her alone, and you find Jun sleepily laying against the wall, watching the washing machine spin. “What happened yesterday? I thought you were practically a married man. You came back so late.”

“That’s from drinking.”

“Then what is it?”

“Yesterday, when I was going to ask her to marry me, she spilled water all over the table. A waiter touched her hand while they were both reaching for the glass and then suddenly…” He shows you his hand, void of any black marks whatsoever. He points to the ring finger.

“No.”

“Yes. The black ring appeared around her finger. But not just hers, the waiters too. They looked at each other, and he goes ‘Lim Minji?’ and she goes ‘Cha Minhyun’ and that was it, it was like she was sold. She was stuck on him, I couldn’t bear it. I didn’t see the rest, I left.”

“What? But I thought Minji was also a None.”

“Me too. But it turns out she wasn’t as of yesterday morning. She texted me this morning. She said ‘I’m sorry, I was going to tell you yesterday that I heard the name, and that it wasn’t yours. But you said you had something to say too so I was letting your talk first’ I just… I...” He hits the wall out of anger, and you pat his back in attempt to comfort him.

As if it wasn’t bad enough that at the age of 23, your brother is still a None. A None, a person that has heard no name. Even your younger sister, Jaeun, has heard a name. You’re not sure whose name, but a name. Then suddenly, the anger fills you up, when you remember you are no longer a None.

Jeon Jungkook. Who is that anyway? He sounds like a loser.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It can’t be! No! Are you sure you heard right?” Jimin grabs the poor boys cheeks.

“Yes hyung, I’m sure.” The words come from the young boy’s mouth. Rap Mon paces back and forth, unable to solve this mystery.

“How many fingers am I holding up?” Suga says.

“3” Hoseok answers.

“That question wasn’t for you it was for Jungkook!” Jin says, still unable to understand why their baby is no longer a None.

“What’s the problem?” Taehyung suddenly shows up, dazed as always.

“Jin says Kookie isn’t a None anymore….” Jimin gives up. Even though they’re all panicking, nothing is helping him, the boy still confused as to why he’s heard such a name, especially right now.

“He’s not going to date her is he?” Taehyung makes his way through the room, and looks at Jungkook’s hands, no black marks around his ring finger yet. “Oh. He hasn’t met her yet.” He sighs in relief and takes a seat next to Jimin.

“What if she’s a fan?” Hoseok brings up that possibility which causes the room to fall into a state of hysteria.

“No but then how would he know who she is!”

“But what if the fans notice it! Won’t they be upset?”

“They’ll definitely notice!”

“HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR CAMERAS!”

“Well yeah but what about the girl won’t she feel bad too?”

“I GOT IT!”

Everyone turns to stare at Namjoon, who points at the black mark around his finger. Namjoon, the only other one in the group who isn’t a None.

“Ah that’s right, hyung you cover your mark with rings, and makeup right?” Jimin asks hopefully. Namjoon nods.

“Perfect. Now we can hide Jungkook’s love!” Jin smiles.

“But you guys haven’t even asked Jungkook what he wants!” Hoseok shakes his head.

They all turn to him. “What do you want Kookie?”

The young boy is day dreaming, about what this girl, his soulmate could possibly look like, act like, when suddenly the older boys get his attention.

“Jungkook did you hear us?” Suga asks, waving a hand in front of his face.

“Hmm? What?”

“Jungkook, tell hyung. What do you want to do about this girl?” Namjoon sits in front of him.

“I don’t know. I want to meet her first. Then I’ll decide.” The boy smiles and nods to himself.

“Hyung are you going to let him secretly date?” Taehyung whines.

“If he wants to, yes.”

“That’s not fair why does Jungkook get to date I was enjoying clubbing last night too! Can’t I date?”

“Shut up Jimin, it’s not like you met anyone important, where’s your ring huh?”

“So Jungkook, what was it? What was the name?” He looks up and the room is quiet, anticipating the words that will come from his mouth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side of Seoul a girl who is slightly, if not completely late for work curses. Jeon Jungkook, I won’t let this be fate. You won’t ruin my fate! Gikwang is the only one for me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A smile slowly forms, and he relieves their anticipation. “Her name is Jung Hayoung.”


Yo whats up~ first chapter is upppp! Hope you enjoyed it, i am planning to write more soon. We'll see how life goes though  Comments are always welcome and much appreciated.