Chapter 4

Justice

            “Noona, are you by yourself right now?” Kris whispered, afraid someone will hear his voice through Hyun’s phone.

“Don’t worry, I’m outside. No one is around me.” Hyun said looking around her surrounding, making sure no one is close by to listen to their conversation.

“Okay. Good.” Kris mumbled. He didn’t know what to say. They both stayed silent for a while before Hyun couldn’t take it anymore.

“How are you?” Hyun’s voice was filled with worry. She didn’t know if she should believe the article that Sunny read. She desperately hopes that it is just a rumor.

“I’m fine.” Kris answered sincerely, “I just need to rest for a while.”

“So is it true?” Hyun croaked, “Do you really have a heart condition?”

Kris stayed silent for a while before answering, “Yeah. I’ve known for a while, but it’s nothing major. I just have to take easy for a while.”

Hyun ran her hands through her hair in frustration, “Kris, why didn’t you tell anyone?”

“Do you think they were going to care?” Kris replied back without any hesitation.

Hyun was shock at Kris’s answer. However, he was right. They weren’t going to care. Idols are their main income. Without them, they would have gone bankrupt long time ago. Hyun had seen the ways the trainees as well as the idols work on their singing, dancing, and even how to properly give an interview. She seen through the façade that the idols put up on TVs. Behind the smiles and laughs are sweat, tears, and blood. They pretty much give their life away to make their dream come true. Hyun respects idols for doing so much for their dreams, but there is also a limit.

Hyun has seen the way newly fresh idols and trainees get treated. She, herself, has spoken up many times to the managers that have mistreated them. That’s actually why SM idols and trainees like Hyun; she cannot stand injustices, and will speak her mind even if she gets in trouble afterwards.  

Hyun sighed into the phone, “I’m glad that you left than.”

Now it was Kris’s turn to be shock at Hyun’s answer. Kris always knew that Hyun would be there for him. He smiled for while before a question popped into his head.

“How are the others?” Kris asked anxiously; afraid to know the answers. He, of course, cared about s. He’s been with them for more than 4 years; they are like brothers to him.

“They are a little upset and mad, but they will understand after a while.” Hyun said while rubbing her forehead. She felt so bad for the other members, but there was nothing she could do.

“I hope so.” Kris sighed softly.

Hyun heard voices in the background indicating that Kris’s time was up.

“I have to go Noona.” Kris said sadly.

“It’s okay Kris,” Hyun said, “Will we be able to talk more?”

“I don’t know.” Kris whispered truthfully.

Hyun smiled sadly, she already knew the answer, “Don’t worry. I will take care of the members. You just stay healthy, and become famous in China. After you become big, I want you to state to the world that this Noona was the reason for your success.”

Kris and Hyun laughed together, “Of course Noona. Bye.”

“Bye Kris. Take care.” Hyun ended the call and took a deep breath. At least Kris was going to be fine. She put her phone back in her back pocket and walked inside to the big practice room.

Everyone was still eating and talking among each other. Hyun sat quietly down beside Yunho, and picked up her drink.

“Who was on the phone?” Yunho asked wondering why it took so long for Hyun to get back.

“Ohh,” Hyun couldn’t look at Yunho, afraid that he will catch her lie, “just my brother.”

Yunho nodded suspiciously, but let it go. He turned back and started to talk to Yesung again. Hyun sighed deeply, and continue to eat in silent.

*****

            Hyun fanned herself as she waited in the studio, which was actually a big open field, to talk to the photo director. It was July, and the summer heat in Korea was killing Hyun. Even her pencil skirt and sleeveless blouse would not help her stay cool. Today the CEO made Hyun come to the GQ studio to make an appointment for TVXQ photoshoot because their manager called in sick.

Hyun stomped her heels against the grass in anger; she was a lawyer, not a manager. She should be in her cool office right now not waiting outside just to make an appointment. She could have done it over the phone, but the CEO didn’t want shatter SM reputation.

Who the hell want to have a photoshoot outside during the middle of summer. She heard from the workers that the photoshoot was for a very famous boy band; eventually the members were also actors. Hyun didn’t care how famous they were; she just wanted to eat some ice cream to cool down.

Hyun looked around the big field, hoping to find at least some sort of food or drink available. Looking towards her right, she noticed a big table with glasses of fresh juice. A smile broke out on her face as she walked towards the table.

Hyun kept on walking without paying attention to what was in front of her; her eyes were zoomed in on the table. Before she could reach her destination, her nose hit something hard. Hyun stepped back a little and rubbed her nose. Her eyes landed on a muscular chest. The person was wearing a white deep v-neck shirt that showed off his flawless skin. Hyun looked up to the source to say sorry, but her voice got caught in .

She looked into dark brown eyes; so dark that they would look black if seen far away. The sun rays made the person’s hair look silky and soft that Hyun had to control the urge to put her fingers through it. He was a little chubby, but somehow he is able to pull it off very well. His nose was the perfect size, and his lips were plump and slightly pink. He looked just like an angel with the sun shining behind him.

“Are you okay Miss?” His voice was deep that almost made Hyun’s knees weak. A blush quickly spread through her cheeks. Her heartbeats were going off the roof; she was sure she was going into a cardiac arrest. She never felt like this before; not even Yunho made her feel this way.

“I’m…” Hyun quickly cleared , “I’m fine.”

Hyun quickly bowed and apologized. He laughed and apologized back. Hyun took notice of his dimples as well. However, before they could actually start a conversation, they were interrupted.

“Miss. Park Hyun?” Hyun turned around to face the lady who had a clipboard on her hand, “Are you here to make fix the date for the photoshoot?”

“I am.” Hyun replied back.

“Please follow me.” The lady walked away with Hyun right behind her. Hyun quickly turned around and bowed to the handsome man and said goodbye. The man bowed and waved back with a smile.

            “Hyung, who was that girl?” A guy come up to the man with a drink in his hand. The man shrugged his shoulder.

“She’s pretty.” Another guy joined the two men. All three of them looked at Hyun as she continue to follow the lady.

The man put his hand over his heart, trying to slow it down. Somehow that girl was able to make his heart beat fast. He still felt the warmth on his chest where the girl collided against him. He wants to know more about that girl.

“Park Hyun.” He mumbled to himself while rubbing the spot that she bumped into. 

*****

Well we all know who the three guys are. 

But who is the guy that Hyun bumped into?

I would love to see your guesses. 

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter :)

Please subscribe and upvote. 

Present time:

Featuring y JYJ