Chapter 24

Justice

*Not Edited

*****

Hyun stared at the white ceiling watching the ceiling fan spinning slowly. The sunshine was blocked by the curtains causing the room to only be a little bright. Hyun wasn’t able to sleep properly at all; her mind was racing nonstop.

Last night both Ms. Parks wouldn’t budge as they already made plans for their activities they want to do together once they reach the village. Hyo, finally, agreed after his mom talked with him privately. He was beyond pissed, but didn’t argue.

Speaking of Hyo, Hyun felt his weight of his legs draped over hers while his arm wounded around her waist. Hyo still hasn’t gotten over hugging people in his sleep. It would annoy Hyun, especially when they went on family trips and the siblings were always forced to get a room together, but today she found it cute.

Hyun turned around to look at Hyo’s sleep face. His mouth was open and dried drool spotted on his chin while his hair looked like a bird’s nest.

“How cute.” Hyun mumbled pinching his cheeks lightly while carefully taking his arms and legs off of her. She got up and slipped on the house shoes before opening the door. Hyun walked into the hallway and into the living room to notice that no one was awake yet. She turned to look at the clock and realized that it was still 8 in the morning.

Walking softly, Hyun went towards the big windows that was located behind the big leather sofa and turned the handle to open the curtains slightly allowing sunlight to flow into the room.

Nails clicking against the wood floor grabbing Hyun’s attention. Hyun turned around to see the big wolf dog walking towards her with his tongue sticking out.

“Good morning, Harang.” Hyun bended down to his level patting his head, “Come on. I’ll give you your food.”

Hyun got up and walked towards the kitchen with Harang following closely behind.

“Now, where is your food?” Hyun looked at all the cabinets and decided to start from the bottom and move to the top.

After few minutes of searching, she finally found the dog food pack which had ‘HARANG’ written in big letters on it.

“Here it is!” Hyun quickly picked up the bag and walked toward Harang who was sitting patiently by his bowl. She opened the bag and scoop out food for the big fluff ball.

Harang immediately started to eat. “You must have been hungry.” Hyun patted the dog one more time before picking up the water bowl and filling it up. She put the bowl beside the food bowl and faced the kitchen.

“Do you think I should make breakfast, Harang?” A small growl was heard as Harang continued to eat. Hyun smiled at the dog and walked toward the big stainless refrigerator and opened it looking at the food and drinks that made it full.

Leftover food, juice, kimchi, soju and wine bottles, and so many different type of food and drinks were displayed perfectly. Hyun bit her lip in confusion. There was so many ingredients to make many different type of breakfast.

“Good morning, Noona.” A voice spoke from the entrance of the kitchen causing Hyun to jump in fright.

“Oh my,” Hyun put her hand over her chest, “You scared me Yu-hwan and good morning to you too.”

“What are you doing?” He asked as he stood behind her and looked into the fridge.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Hyun asked hoping to get a definite answer so it would be less confusing for her.

Yu-hwan crossed his arm around his chest and sighed as he thought deeply.

“Do you know how to make an American style breakfast?” He asked few seconds later, “The last time I had some pancakes and omelet was few months ago.”

Hyun smiled brightly liking the idea, “I can make it.” She quickly turned around and took out the egg carton, milk, and buttermilk before putting them on the counter.

“I would help, but I have no idea how to cook.” Yu-hwan rubbed his neck nervously while giving an apologetic smile.

“Don’t worry about it.” Hyun smiled back him sweetly, “At least you offered. Hyo just walks away after demanding his menu.”

Yu-hwan laughed while taking out all the utensils that Hyun need to make the breakfast before walking out the kitchen and into the living room. Hyun heard the soft volume of the TV.

Humming to herself, Hyun started to cook the pancakes and eggs. She was whisking the eggs when she heard her name. Turning around, she saw Yoochun’s Mom standing with the adorable poodle in her hand.

Hyun smiled at her, “Good morning. I hope you don’t mind me suddenly cooking. I’m making American breakfast because Yu-hwan said he was craving some, but I can also make some kimchi stew or anything you want-”

Yoochun’s mom laughing caused Hyun to stop rambling, “Don’t worry. Everything is looking good.” Ms. Park walked toward the counter and stove to see what Hyun was cooking, “Do you need help?”

“No thank you. I’ll call you guys when everything is done.” Yoochun’s mom patted her back softly before walking back to the living room to watch the news with her younger son.

***

                  Yoochun felt a wet nose poking his feet. The sunlight was basking into the room making it hard for Yoochun to fall back asleep.

The poking continued causing Yoochun to finally popped himself on his elbow and turned his head toward the source with heavy eyes,

“Harang.” His voice was deep and full of sleep. Harang bark back like he was answering, “Please let me sleep.”

Harang kept on poking his feet making Yoochun sigh in defeat, “Okay. Okay. I’m up.”

Yoochun heavily got up putting on his slippers. He walked out without washing his face still sleep deprived.

A heavenly smell let Yoochun to unconsciously toward the kitchen. He rubbed his messy hair and saw his mom’s back facing him as she cooked.

A smile formed on his face as he walked toward the female back that was smaller than his mom’s; however, that thought never crossed Yoochun’s mind because of his sleepiness.

Wrapping his arm around the slender waist he put his face down on the shoulder and faced it outward.

“Do you lose some weight?” His deep voice asked. Yoochun noticed that his mom got stiff causing his eyebrows to scrunch together in confusion,

“Why are you so stiff today? Are you not feeling good?” Yoochun rubbed his forehead against her shoulder in a childish manner,

“Why are you so quiet, Mom?” Yoochun continued to ask,

“Also you smell really nice.”

He continued hugging his ‘mom’ not realizing that the female’s heart was racing and a blush covered her whole face.

*****

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chaper and 

I made it really obvious who the girl is, but what will Hyun's reaction 

be which will revealed in the next chapter!

Please do subscribe, upvote, and leave a comment!

I wish you guys a very happy holiday and hope that 

you have an amazing new year!

Present Time: