Chapter 6

Justice

            Hello my strong and beautiful princess. How are you? How’s mom? Is Hyo still annoying you? Did you graduate yet? I know I’m asking too many questions, but I’m not there to find out the answers by myself.

You must be shock reading this. How did dad have the time to write this? Why did he write this? All of your answers will be answered shortly. I’m guessing you already read the first page. You may or may not know this, but Mr. Kim Young-min is the CEO of SM; my old boss.

Before I tell you about my old boss, there is something I want to tell you first. Since you are reading this, I guess I am already dead. Did I die in a car accident Hyun? If I did not, do not do the next step, but if I did I want you to go to the police station and look at my accident file. For the past few months, I had this big truck following me around. I notice the licenses plate number, and if that number matches the vehicle that collided with me, than it was no accident. I was murder, Hyun.

Take a deep breath princess. Everything is going to be fine. Just know that your amazing and cool dad is watching you from the heavens. If you ever feel lonely or anxious, just know I’ll always have your back. Even though you won’t see me, I’ll be right behind you.

I know I’m asking a lot, but Hyun will you carry out my dream for me? Will you finish my case for me? Do not feel force to do this for me princess; you do not have to do this. However, do the first step of my plan, and if you do not want to continue than please do not second guess, quit immediately. Do not think that daddy will be disappointed in you; you’re your daddy’s pride.

            For the first step, after you find out the answer to my accident, I want you to get a job as SM’s lawyer, and observe the way Mr. Kim Young-min runs the company. But be careful!

Mr. Kim Young-min is not a good man, Hyun. The only thing he is after is money. Do not read the next page, Hyun. Only read it after you finish checking out the accident file. Remember, you do not have to do this if you do not want to.

I love you my princess. Stay brave and healthy.

            Hyun had tears running down her face as she kept re-reading the second page. She bit her lips hard trying to keep her sobs in control.

Was her dad really murdered? Was someone after her dad? What did dad do to cause such a thing?

Questions kept popping up in her head. She pulled her hair in frustration. Taking deep breathes, Hyun calmed herself down.

She laid down and pulled the covers over her body. She put the diary right next to her head. Tears kept running down her face as she thought about her goofy dad.

*****

            Hyun stared at her computer monitor, not pay attention to the contract that one of the lawyers emailed her. Her mind kept on thinking back to the diary. She sighed and put her head on her hands. She gently messaged her head as her headache grew more painful.

She didn’t know how long she stayed that way, but when she checked the clock it was already lunch time. Hyun took out her purse from under her desk. She pulled out her compact mirror from her purse, making sure that her makeup hid her puffy eyes. She applied more powder when she noticed dark circles under her eyes.

She couldn’t sleep at all last night. Her mind wouldn’t stop thinking about what her dad wrote to her. Tears kept running down her face as she thought back to the good old days when her dad was still alive. Hyun sadly sighed as she got up from her chair and took the elevator to the ground floor.

            Her heels clicked against the tile floor as she made her way towards the main door. Instead of having lunch, she was going to the police station. Hyun couldn’t wait another moment to find out the answer to her dad’s death.

“Hyun.” Hyun kept on walking not noticing someone was calling her.

“Hey Hyun!” The owner of the voice went up to Hyun, trying to grab her attention.

Hyun felt someone put their hand on her shoulder, jolting her back to the present. She looked towards the source, and saw Yunho staring at her with confusion.

“Hey are you okay?” Yunho asked sincerely.

“Huh,” Hyun was confused for a second, but quickly composed herself, “Yeah I’m fine.”

Yunho put both of his hands on Hyun’s shoulder and pushed her towards him. He bent his head down so that he's looking straight into her eyes. Hyun looked up towards him with wide eyes, shocked at how close they were. However, just like before, her heart didn’t beat like crazy nor did a blush covered her cheeks.

Yunho squinted his eyes looking at Hyun’s face. He observed her face, trying to find anything unusual. When he looked at her eyes, he noticed that she was wearing more makeup than usual.

“Why do you have so much eye makeup on?” Yunho touched just below Hyun’s eyes with his thumb, and notice that they felt puffy, “Why are your eyes so puffy? Did you cry? Are you Okay?” Yunho kept on asking questions, not giving Hyun chance to answer them.

Hyun smiled at Yunho’s concern for her, “I’m fine Oppa.”

“Then why are your eyes so puffy?” Yunho asked again.

Hyun looked away from his eyes. “I saw a sad movie last night, and it made me cry a lot.” She lied.

Yunho quickly noticed that she wasn’t looking at him. He knew Hyun for a while now, and he could easily tell when she is lying. However, he did not question her further. Yunho stepped away from her, creating space between them.

“Come on; have lunch with me and Changmin.” Yunho said pointing his thumb towards the cafeteria.

“No, I’m fine. I have errands to run.” Hyun said while walking backwards, “Bye Oppa. See you later.” Hyun waved at Yunho and walked away before Yunho could response.

“Something’s up.” Yunho muttered to himself as he watched Hyun’s back.  

*****

            “Come this way Miss. Park.” The police officer said to Hyun. Hyun got up from her seat and followed the police officer. He opened a door to an office which was filled up with many filing cabinets. He went towards the third row and pulled opened a cabinet.

“Here you go.” The officer handed Hyun the file that contained the information about the accident.

“Thank you.” Hyun mumbled and sat down on the chair that was across from the filing cabinets. The officer left quietly after showing her where to put the file back.

Hyun took a deep breath. She knows she could never be ready for the answer. The file on her lap felt like it was burning her skin. The truth about her dad's case was in this file. Hyun was happy that she hasn't ate anything today because she's pretty sure she would have vomitted by now. Her stomach was in a knot. Her forehead had sweat beads while her hand shook slightly. She has never been this nervous before. 

 While she was taking the bus to the police station, there was one conclusion that she came up with: She will continue her dad’s case no matter what result comes out of the file. It doesn’t matter how much pain she will have to go through, but, as her dad stated before, she was his pride and she will carry out his name.

Hyun took another deep breath, and open the file. There were pictures and hand written reports about the accident. Hyun looked at the photo of her dad's car that was so damaged; she couldn’t recognize it for a second. She skimmed through the notes, trying to find the other vehicle’s driver licenses plate number.

            After a while, Hyun finally found it. A gasp escaped , and tears suddenly ran down her eyes. She looked at the number and compared it to the one that her dad wrote in the diary. A sob escaped . She put her hands on , but that didn’t help her at all. Tears drops felled on the notes and pictures in the file.

“Dad.” Hyun’s whisper was full of raw emotions. 

*****

Finally done with this chapter; I don't know why, but his chapter was hard to write. 

I noticed that a lot of you guys were wondering about the mystery guy, He will

soon be revealed; you guys don't have to wait that long ^^

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Please subscribe and upvote.

Love you <3

Present time: