Chapter 2

Justice

            “Mom!” Hyun walked through the front door of her house, “I’m home.” She took off her heels and sat down on the sofa.

The squeaking sound of wheels turning echoed through the house as Hyun’s mom, Sun-Hi, rolled into the living room on her wheelchair.

“What took you so long dear?” Sun-Hi asked her daughter who was two hours late.

“I went to visit Dad today.” Hyun said as she draped a blanket around her mom’s feet.

“What did you take this time for your Dad?” Sun-Hi smiled gently at her daughter.

“His favorite beer,” Hyun laughed lightly, “I bet he really misses his beers.”

Comfortable silence consumed both daughter and mother as they thought about their loved one. Hyun looked at her mom’s feet and felt guilt pass through her body as she recalled the worst day of her life. She remembered the pain she felt in her heart as she ran down the hospital’s hallways, trying to find the room that occupied her parents and little brother.

She remembered the relief she felt when the doctor told her that her brother, Hyo, only got minor injuries. However, that sensation didn’t last long as the doctor explained her mom’s condition to her. Since the truck collided to the left side of the car, her mom got about 40% of the collision. She was paralyzed from the waist down.

Even though her mom was now paralyzed, Hyun was still happy that she was alive. But the next words that came out of the doctor’s mouth took the strength away from her legs, making Hyun fall on hospital’s floor: “I’m sorry Ms. Park. Unfortunately, your dad did not survive the accident. He was hit head on causing him to die immediately. There was nothing we could do.”

Hyun felt her eyes getting wet thinking about the emotional pain she felt that day. Even when she heard such a bad news, no tears came out of her eyes. She didn’t even cry during the funeral. However, Hyun did cry when she walked off the stage after getting her diploma stating that she was a lawyer now. She cried so hard that she fell down on the grass. People stared at her, but she didn’t care. She finally made her dad’s dream come true.

Hyo was able to get Hyun to stand up and walk. They didn’t stay for the whole ceremony. Sun-Hi, Hyo, and Hyun went straight to the graveyard to show Dae-Ho the diploma. All three of them cried that day wishing that Dae-Ho was able to witness his dream becoming reality because of his daughter.

“Hey Sweetie, why don’t you go to bed?” Sun-Hi told her daughter. She gently shook her, making her come back to the present. Hyun nodded her head and gave her mom a goodnight kiss.

*****

            “Goodnight Dad.” Hyun whispered to the photo on her nightstand. She turned off the lamp light and fell asleep immediately.

Ring Ring Ring Ring

Hyun woke up from the sound of her phone ringing. She got up and checked the time.

“Who the hell is calling me at 5 in the morning?” Hyun was pissed. There is one thing that Hyun hates the most: someone disturbing her sleep.

She looked at the caller id and almost dropped her phone from surprise. She cleared and quickly answered the phone.

“Oh. Hello Mr. Lee Soo Man.”

“Hello Ms. Park Hyun. I hope I didn’t disturb your sleep.” Mr. Lee Soo Man’s deep voice replied.

“Of course not, sir.” Hyun bit her lip as she got nervous, “Is something the matter, sir?”

“Actually we have a big problem right now. I want you to come to the SM building right now.”

Hyun was shocked at being called in so early, but there was nothing she can do.

“Yes. Of course.”

*****

            Hyun tried to walk quickly with her heels. Fortunately for Hyun, the buses were running this early in the morning.

Hyun couldn’t stop thinking about the emergency that Mr. Lee Soo Man wouldn’t explain through the phone. Did something happen?

Did she do something stupid?

Did she not check the contracts fully, and now SM has to pay a large amount of money?

Is she going to get fired?

Hyun shook her head trying to get the negative thoughts out of her mind. She quickly swiped her card at the main entrance and walked into the pure white lobby room. The reception saw her and quickly responded: “Meeting room number 7.”

“Meeting room number 7?” Hyun whispered as she walked into the elevator. That meeting room is reserved for only the chairman and CEO. Something big definitely happened.

            Nervous butterflies exploded in Hyun’s stomach as she opened the door to the meeting room. There about 20 people occupying the room. She recognized few as her senior lawyers and other as accountants. There were also few music producers. Hyun looked straight ahead and saw Mr. Lee Soo Man talking to the CEO, Mr. Kim Young-min.

She walked towards them, trying to look confident. When both the men notice her presences, she bowed 90 degrees.

“Good Morning.”  Hyun said. She was debating if she should smile or not. She decided against it since from their faces, it looks like there is going to be bad news.

“You must be Ms. Park Hyun.” Mr. Lee Soo Man smiled at her gently and shook her hand.

“If I may ask,” Hyun continued, “Why are we having such a urgent meeting.”

“It will all be explained. Why don’t you take a seat Ms. Park.” Mr. Kim Young-min pointed to the empty chair beside a senior lawyer. Hyun quickly walked to her seat, and try to seat down as quietly as she can.

Everyone was sitting down now. There were 10 white chairs on each side of the big glass rectangular desk. There were also 2 big black chairs on the opposite sides of each other. Mr. Lee Soo Man sat on one side while Mr. Kim Young-min sat on the other.

The CEO cleared his throat and stood up, grabbing everybody’s attention.

“I just got a call from Mr. Kim, EXO’s manager, that Wu Yifan also known as Kris will not be coming back with EXO to Korea. He wants to nullify his contract with us.”

A gasp went around the room. Hyun was beyond shock after hearing the news. She quickly thought back two weeks ago when she noticed his strange behavior.

Was that behavior connected to the news she just heard?

*****

I actually thought this chapter was kind of boring. But we have to start the drama very soon.

Did you guys liked it? 

If you find any mistakes please let me know. 

Subscription will be appreciated ^^

Also upvote and if you guys want you can add me as a friend. ^^

Love you <3

Present time:

>< OMG!!! I love Brian Joo!!!!