Chapter 8

Justice

  Warning: not edited        

Italized: diary post

*****

       The next day, Hyun called in sick and went straight to the bank to pick up the evidences that her dad told her about. She put the evidences into her purse as she walked outside to a sunny day.

After you collect the evidence from the locker, I want you to call Mr. Lim Sang Hyuk. He was the lawyer that JYJ hire, and he’s also a dear friend. When you make an appointment, remember to state my name.

Hyun sat down on a bench and took out her phone from her purse. She dialed the number, which she found on the internet, to Mr. Lim’s office.

“Hello Mr. Lim Sang Hyuk’s office, Mrs. Kim Nancy speaking.” A woman with an accent said through the phone.

“Hello. My name is Park Hyun, daughter of Park Dae-Ho.” Hyun spoke unsurely.

“Did you say Park Dae-Ho?” Mrs. Kim Nancy asked with a surprising tone.

“Umm,” Hyun played with her hair in nervousness, “Yes.”

“Hold on please.” Hyun heard buttons being pressed. She looked around her, and noticed a man with a black hat was standing few feet away from her. He was looking at photos on his camera while leaning against a pole. The hair on the back of Hyun’s head stood up in uncomfortable vibe she was getting from the stranger. She quickly got up and walked towards the crowded sidewalk.

“Hello?” A deep voice finally said.

“Hello. My name is Park Hyun, daughter of Park Dae-Ho.” Hyun repeated herself to the stranger though the phone.

“Park Dae-Ho’s daughter?” The man sounded truly surprised.

“Yes,” Hyun said while looking behind her to make sure that the man wasn’t following her, “May I ask who I am speaking to?”

“This is Lim Sang Hyuk.” The man said.

Hyun’s eyes got wide in shock, “Oh. I’m so sorry, sir.”

Mr. Lim laughed through the phone, “It’s okay. I’m guessing you want to meet me?”

“Yes. I would like to meet up, if possible, right now?” Hyun asked.

“Of course. Come to my office.” Mr. Lim told Hyun the address to his office and hanged up.

Hyun called a cab over, and told him the address. She looked out the window as the driver put the address into the GPS. Hyun looked towards a cupcake shop, thinking about how she wanted one. However, her thoughts stopped when she noticed the same man with the black hat leaning against the window of the shop. He was, again, looking at photos on his camera. Hyun looked at him suspiciously.

Is she being followed?

*****

            “Please sit down Miss. Park Hyun.” Mr. Lim pointed towards the chair that was in front of his office desk. The office had wooden floors with a dark cherry wood desk that divided the two chairs from Mr. Lim’s chair. There was also a sofa and a coffee table behind the two chairs. Overall the office had warm and cozy atmosphere.

“You can just call me Hyun, sir.” Hyun said as she sat down on the brown leather chair. She pulled the evidences and diary out of her purse and put it on the desk.

“Straight to work, huh?” Mr. Lim chuckled as he picked up the evidences, “I’m guessing you’re here because of your dad?”

“How did you know my dad?” Hyun asked curiously. Mr. Lim smiled and leaned back against his chair as he picked up a photo frame that was right beside his computer. He passed the photo frame to Hyun. Hyun looked at the photo with big eyes. On the photo was a picture of Mr. Lim and her dad. Both of them were wearing suits and had their arms around each other shoulders. They had big smile; like they known each other for a while.

“Your dad was one of my closest friends.” Mr. Lim smiled sadly, “We meet each other in 2004 in a court convention. He even helped me with the JYJ case.”

“What is exactly up with the JYJ case? Dad told me to fight against SM using JYJ.” Hyun asked as she put the photo frame down on its original place.

“I’m guessing you already know about how before DBSK originally had 5 members.” Mr. Lim said, “Well out of those 5 members, 3 members wanted to nullify their contract against SM. They said they were not treated like humans and the pay was not fair considering how much work they put into the group. I and your dad fought for those 3 members. We won the case, but didn’t win the battle. JYJ were able to nullify their contract, but after that they were never able to perform on a Korean broadcasting station. SM blackmailed all the three main channels that if they let JYJ perform, no SM idols will show up on their channel. It’s, of course, against the law, but there was nothing the court can do because we never had enough evidence to prove it.”

Hyun crossed her hands over her chest and leaned back on the chair, “So how do we use JYJ to bring Kim Young-min down?”

Mr. Lim mimicked Hyun’s posture, “Well, by using JYJ we will be able bring out all the dark secrets that Kim Young-min has been trying so hard to keep under the rug.” Mr. Lim leaned forward and crossed his arms on his desk, “Plus JYJ deserves to perform on TV. They have every right to.”

Hyun nodded her head as she thought back to a passage from her dad’s diary.

Hyun, you must be wondering why do so much for those 3 men. It’s not 3 men, it’s 5. All 5 members should be able to communicate with each other without SM interrupted them. I saw them, Hyun, before they debuted; they were like real brothers. They fought but made up, they played, they smiled, and they cried together. Did you think that JYJ wanted to leave the other 2 brothers behind? Of course not. Why would the 3 members take such a big risk knowing once they go against SM, they probably will never gain such popularity again? They knew the risk they were taking, and took it anyway because they just had enough. All the 5 members been through too much pain, and they still are in pain. I just wanted to see them together; smiling, laughing, and playing.

“You don’t have to do this, Hyun.” Mr. Lim said as he saw Hyun getting lost in her thoughts. Hyun looked up at him with determination.

“I’m going to.” Hyun said while leaning forward and also putting her hands on the desk, “I may not know JYJ, but I’m close with the other idols in SM, and they deserve much better. I’ve witness one idol leave his 11 brothers behind because he couldn’t take the discrimination anymore. I’ve seen how much mental torture the idols go through because of the unfair treatment. I’ve seen too much things to stay quit. Somebody has to speak up.” Hyun smirked at Mr. Lim.

Mr. Lim chuckled at her, “You’re just like your dad.”  He got up from his chair and put his blazer on, “Come on.”

“Where are we going?” Hyun asked as she got up too. She put the evidences and diary back into her purse.

“Of course to meet your future clients: JYJ.”

*****

            Hyun looked up at the small building that had ‘C-JeS’ board on it. The building looked more like a house rather than an entertainment building. Mr. Lim scanned a card and opened the door. Hyun follow behind him quietly.

The interior of the building was surprisingly nice. There was dark wooden floor with white sofas and a glass coffee table against one side of the wall. The walls were painted off-white and there were many plants and paintings scattered across the room. On the other side of the wall was the front desk with two workers on the computer. They both smiled and waved at Mr. Lim.

Mr. Lim made a left from the front desk and walked down a hallway where there was a photo of all the employees and idols with the CEO. Mr. Lim walked up a flight of stairs with Hyun right behind him.

The second floor was more open and there was a practice room that had a glass door. Hyun looked inside and notice the idol, Gummy, practicing her routine.

“This way, Hyun” Mr. Lim called. Hyun looked away and followed Mr. Lim, who was walking towards a door at the end of a hallway. When Hyun got closer to the door, she saw ‘JYJ’ written to the side.

Mr. Lim knocked a few times before a voice said to come in. He opened the door and walked in. His figure was blocking Hyun making it hard for her to see who was inside the studio.

“Hey guys,” Mr. Lim smiled at the members, “I want you to meet a friend of mine.”

*****

Hey guys! How are you?

I hope you guys like this chapter.

Next chapter, the myster man will be revealed!

Please subscribe, upvote, and don't forget to leave a comment.

Also this is the actual C-Jes bulding:

Present time: