Chapter 27

Justice

*Not Edited

*****

3rd POV

                  “Let’s go, Harang.” Hyun gently pulled his leash leading to the elevator. She patted his head while waiting for them to reach the garage.

After talking more with Junsu and JaeJoong, Hyun and Yoochun went to C-Jes Entertainment to talk to Mr. Baek.

Fortunately, Mr. Baek was shocked, but completely understood the situation. However, he was strict about keeping this a secret from everyone including the workers and artists that works for the company as well. He doesn’t want any hint going out to the public especially after the whole scandal between Hyun, Yoochun, and Junsu; they won’t be able to protect Hyun’s identity the second time.

Now, Yoochun suddenly texted Hyun that he was waiting for her in the garage and to bring Harang with her. Even when Hyun asked questions, he wouldn’t answer just saying that she had to wait.

Harang and Hyun walked toward the black Range Rover with tinted windows; it was impossible to see who was inside the car from the outside. Opening the back door, Harang smoothly jumped into the black leather seat and got comfortable. Making sure that Harang’s tail wasn’t in the way, Hyun closed the door and sat in the passenger seat.

Before Hyun could ask any questions, Yoochun held up a plastic black bag in her face,

“Hold this.” Hyun grabbed the bag and put it on her lap. She could easily smell the delicious food that was radiating from it.

“What’s in here?” Hyun asked as tried to open the knot. Yoochun quickly put his hand over hers to stop her,

“Don’t open it yet.” Keeping his hand on her hand, he drove out of his garage into the dark streets. Hyun looked at his big hand that easily engulfed her. Her heart starting to beat faster as she thought about how it would feel to intertwine her fingers with his long ones.

Yoochun looked over at the quiet girl just in time to see her staring at their hand. A smile formed on his face as he gave her soft squeeze before slowly pulling away and putting them on the gear.

Clearing , Hyun turned to the handsome man beside her, “Where are we going?”

“To a secret location that I found years ago by Han River.” Yoochun pulled into a small street that was surrounded by nothing but land. There were no streetlights making the car’s headlight the only source that let them see the unpaved dirt road.

 Yoochun parked his car facing the water and the city lights that reflected upon the river giving it a magical form.

“How did you find this?” Hyun asked in awe. She stared at the skyscrapers and apartment buildings with a small smile. The city lights made her realize how beautiful Seoul looks at night.

Yoochun opened the cabinet in front of Hyun’s seat and took out dog snacks. He opened the package and put it into a bowl he bought before coming to his house. Putting the bowl in the backseat for Harang, Yoochun turned towards the scenery as well.

“I found this place the first year when I debuted as DBSK. My days were spent on training, doing interviews, being guests on variety shows, and recording songs.” Yoochun sighed as he went down memory lane, “My body could keep up, but I was getting mentally tired. I wanted to escape from reality, and one day while walking on the riverside, I accidently found this. Ever since than I would always come here to relax and take a breather.”

Hyun listened closely as she also thought about the time when she was going through hard struggles. Yoochun is an artist, actor, composer, and producer that gain much respect from his peers. His name holds a lot of weight to it, but listening to struggle made her realize that maybe they aren’t that different after all.

“Let’s eat before it gets cold.” Yoochun broke Hyun’s train of thought. She opened the knot and took out two containers that contained chicken.

“This looks so good.” Hyun grabbed her chopsticks and quickly took a bite. Yoochun hummed in agreement as he took a big bite.

Both continued to eat and look at Seoul,

“Why did you bring me here?” Hyun asked.

“I realized that this morning we both were kind of awkward, and I do not want to have that kind of relationship with my new housemate.” Yoochun gently elbowed Hyun with a smirk, “So I thought I’ll let you see a glimpse of my normal life.”

“Only a glimpse?” Hyun joked back.

“You got to earned for it.” Yoochun looked at her, “I’m not an easy man.”

Hyun laughed heartily causing Yoochun to smile at her.

“My dad loved Han River.” Hyun said with a distant look on her face, “He would come here to walk all the time. I remember once we came here for a family picnic and played a game of basketball. My dad used to play basketball all the way from elementary school to high school, and he was the reason I got into the sport. It was a tense match. We both were neck-to-neck, and I remember Hyo and mom getting very excited as they cheered for us. Dad made the first basket, but I was right behind him. We played for an hour nonstop.”

Yoochun listened intensely already imagining young Hyun and her dad sweating, but with smiles on their faces, “Who won?”

“I did.” Hyun chuckled, “But Dad let me win. In the last 10 seconds, he ‘accidently’ missed a basket.”

Hyun ate her chicken as she remembered the look of satisfaction on her dad’s face after the game ended. He came up to her and ruffled her hair with a huge smile on his face.

“By the way, I’ve never heard anything about your dad?” Hyun asked in curiosity.

Yoochun stopped eating and stared ahead, “He passed away few years ago.” Hyun turned to look at him with wide eyes in shock. She saw the hurt that was evident on his face making her want to slap herself for asking such a question.

“Oh.” Not knowing how to reply, Hyun lowered her gaze in shame.

Yoochun looked at her before ruffling her hair, “Hey. Don’t worry about it. Time already healed my pain.”

Hyun put down her chopsticks and container on her lap before grabbing Yoochun’s hand that was on her head and put it on her lap. She held his hand with a strong hold,

“Pain becomes bearable as time goes on.”

Now it was Yoochun’s turn to be shock as he stared at the woman who held a lot of knowledge in her eyes.

“Time does not heal pain. The same amount of pain is still there, but it starts to become numb until you adapt to bear with it. When Dad passed away, I literally felt like my heart was broken. There was physical pain in my chest. I got condolence from many people, but that did not make the pain go away. That didn’t make Dad come back.” Hyun looked at Yoochun with glossy eyes,

“This may sound selfish… Maybe I am selfish, but it nice knowing somebody who shares the same pain as me.”

Yoochun continued to look at the strong woman in front of him as he intertwined his fingers with hers as it was natural for him to do that,

“You’re not selfish. I also like knowing that there is somebody who went through the same pain as me. My parents got divorced while we were living in ia, and when I debuted here, I brought them all back. I had enough money to buy a house for them, and I liked that because than they wouldn’t have to work so hard for us anymore. Years passed, but I was lucky to have a good relationship with both of my parents. Than suddenly while I was overseas, I get a phone call from Yu-Hwan telling me that Dad passed away. I immediately flew back with so much regret. I don’t even remember the last time I told him that I loved him. However, I had to be strong and face the public again with a smile on my face.”

Hyun rubbed her thumb on the back of Yoochun’s hand to comfort him as he stared into the distance.

“That is what makes you even more special.” Yoochun looked back at Hyun as she talked, “You were able to go through such a hardship, not only with your Dad but also with SM, and still smile brightly at your fans. I truly do admire you.”

Comfortable silence surrounded the couple as they both looked at the busy city lights before it was broken my Harang’s snoring.

Hyun laughed as she turned to look at the big fur-ball curled up in the backseat taking a nap.

“So you find me admirable?” Yoochun teased with a smirk on his face as he grabbed Hyun’s attention.

“You are really full of yourself, aren’t you?” Hyun smacked his shoulder but a bright smile was present on her face.

Both continue to talk about their life while enjoying their chicken. As they talked, neither of them left go of each other hand. Intertwine fingers lazily laid on Hyun’s lap as laughter filled up the car. 

*****

So sorry for the small hiatus.

I'm extremely busy with college and work.

Finals are coming up as well. Wish me luck!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please upvote, subscribe, and leave a comment!

Present time: