Chapter 15

Justice

*Not edited

*****

Hyun’s POV

                “HYUN! MOM!” Hyo’s voice shook the house making me almost drop the checkbook I was holding. Nervous butterflies attacked my stomach as I ran down the hall towards the stairs afraid that something bad happened.

“Mom? Hyo?

DAD!

The flashback hit me like a thunderous wave as I took two steps at a time down the stairs. I ran into the living room to see Hyo standing in front of Mom while she was reading a paper. He had a small frown plastered on his face while Mom kept on reading with a serious expression.

I walked up fast behind Hyo and smacked him hard on his back.

“YAH! What was that for-” He was cut off as I suddenly hugged him tightly.

“Please don’t do that again.” My voice broke as I buried my face into his chest, “I thought something bad happen.”

I felt Hyo relax his body and put his hands around my neck as I squeezed his waist tighter.

“I’m sorry.” Hyo mumbled while putting his check on top of my head. We stayed longer until Hyo had to ruin it with his big mouth.

“Will you let go? Your hair smells.” Hyo let go of me while I continued to hug him, “When was the last time you wash your hair?”

I pinched his back making him scream like a girl before letting go as well, “Way to ruin the sibling bonding time jerk.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I copied him as well.

“You both will never grow up.” Mom chuckled at our kid antics while giving me the paper she was reading. I took the paper wordlessly and sat down on the sofa beside her.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“Why don’t you read it?” Hyo replied back with a smirk trying to outsmart me. I kicked him on the shins hard making him fall down on the sofa. He continued to whine, which Mom and I ignored, while I kept on reading the paper.

“Congratulations Mr. Park Hyo. You were selected to go on a once in a lifetime opportunity to Hong Kong to study for a semester.” I read out loud.

Mr. Park Hyo…selected…Hong Kong…study….semester….

I looked at Hyo with big eyes as the words processed in my brain.

“AHH!” I screamed and attacked Hyo again with a hug, but let go quickly and started to pace around the living room. “You’re going to Hong Kong to study! Ommo! What do we do? What should you take? What about the food? We could probably sneak in some ramen the bags. We can’t forget your blankie or else you won’t be able to sleep-”

“I’m not going Hyun.” Hyo interrupted me, “And I can totally sleep without my blankie.”

“What? Why?” I asked surprised. Hyo always wanted to go to Hong Kong to study psychology; that was one of his dreams. “You always wanted to go to Hong Kong. Plus this is the Chinese University of Hong Kong. It’s ranked sixth of all Asian universities.”

“I don’t want to go.” Hyo said stubbornly with crossed arms.

Mom sighed softly, “There has to be a reason, Hyo. You won’t get an opportunity like this ever again.”

I stared at Hyo with a strong gaze. I saw his eyes getting glassy and his hand was in a fist trying to control his shaking. I let go of a breath I was holding realizing what the problem was. This pabo. I sat down beside Hyo and took his hand in mine. Hyo stared at me with confusion.

“Don’t worry about anything. We will be fine and we have enough money to send you there.” I said looking straight into his eyes, “You will not give up your dreams because you were worried about us. We are fine and will be fine once you leave, and it’s only for six months, Hyo.”

Hyo stared at me with sad eyes. I could already see I was breaking through his stubborn walls. I put my hands on both sides his face making him look straight into my eyes, “You are going and that’s final.” Hyo stared at me longer before pulling me into a tight hug. I didn’t say anything when I saw the tears on the rim of his eyes. I looked at Mom from Hyo’s shoulder. She smiled softly at me and patted Hyo’s back in comfort.

                After talking more about the trip and how much it cost, it was already past midnight. Hyo took Mom to her room while I went back to my room. I picked up the checkbook that I dropped earlier and sat down on my bed.

We only had 800,000 won (about $700) in our account right now and Hyo’s trip will cost 500,000 won and that’s not including books, laptop, and other equipments he needs. That means we will only have 300,000 won left. I sighed deeply thinking about how we could survive with such little money.

A knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly hid the checkbook under the cover before answering the door,

“Come in.” Hyo opened the door. I quickly noticed the doubt that was still present in his eyes.

“Maybe I shouldn’t go; it’s too much money, and we can’t afford that right now.” Hyo said going straight to the point while leaning against the door frame.

“Hyo.” I sighed, “I just checked our account, trust me we have more than enough money. Even after you leave, Mom and I will be able to live peacefully plus I will still get my paychecks from working for JYJ.”

“We have enough money?” Hyo asked with wide eyes in shock. We always had to be careful of our spendings after Dad passed away because I was the only one bringing in money for the house. We have to pay for my college loan, Hyo’s college, and Mom’s hospital visits and medicine, and the money that we got from Dad’s insurance wouldn’t even last us for half a month.

“Of course Pabo. Would have I ever said yes if we didn’t have enough?” I lied, “By the way when are you leaving?”

“In about 2 months.” Hyo smiled at me brightly before saying good night and going to his room. The smile dropped from my face the minute that Hyo was out of sight.

With Hyo leaving in 2 months, that would mean that I will get two paychecks by then and we will be okay. I hope.

3rd POV

                Ms. Park Sun-Hi sat on her lonely bed with the lamp light on. She picked up the photo on the nightstand. It was a wedding photo of her in a beautiful white gown with her husband looking handsome in the black tuxedo.

She smiled softly at the good memory, “Our little girl isn’t so little anymore, Honey.” Her soft voice filled up the room. She talked like her husband was right beside her listening to her.

“She’s so grown up. She stood up for what she believed in even if it meant looking like a betrayer in front of her friends. She brings in income for the family and works hard without a single word of complain. She is trying her best for her clients. And now she’s making her little brother dream come true. You would be so proud of her, Honey.” Ms. Park Sun-Hi putted the photo back on its original spot and laid down on the bed. She closed her eyes and went into dreamland where she saw her husband smiling at her. 

The Next Day

                “We couldn’t find anything on her.” The man with a black hat said, “She made good grades in college. She comes from a good family, and doesn’t have any social media accounts.”

Mr. Kim Young-min frowned deeply at the guy, “There has to be something. She can’t be all that innocent.”

“I am trying my best, sir.” The man replied back with his head bowed. He could literally feel the anger coming out of Mr. Kim Young-min.

“Well, try harder idiot!” He slammed his hands on the table and stood up. The man flinched at the sudden noise.

“Of course, sir. I will try my best.” He bowed before leaving the office with nervous sweat rolling down his face.

“There has to be something. She’s not a freaking nun.” Mr. Kim Young-min spun his chair around and looked out the big glass wall window and watched the fans on the street with cameras in their hands.

“I want her knees on the ground, bowing down to me.”

 

Hyun’s POV

                I walked up the stairs going to my office with my mug of hot delicious coffee.

“Where’s Hyun?” A voice spoke grabbing my attention as I stepped into the bonus room on the second floor. Mr. Baek was standing in the middle of the room with the receptionists, producers, dancers, band members, trainees, actors, actresses, and singers sitting down either on the sofas, chairs, or on the ground. 

“There she is.” Yuri pointed at me with a big smile. Everyone looked at me making me feel uncomfortable. I have only been working here for a week so I haven’t been able to meet everyone yet.

“Hello.” I bowed awkwardly at the crowd before walking towards him. I looked around trying to find a sit.

“Hyun.” Jaejoong called me from the sofa. He smirked while patting his lap. I stared blankly at him before turning to Junsu who was sitting on the other sofa beside Jaejoong’s.

Junsu laughed loudly before moving over to give me space knowing exactly what I was going to ask, “Here.” He patted the spot before I sat down.

 I looked around at the crowd in the room. I already know that this wasn’t even half of people that worked here. My eyes landed on Yoochun who was sitting across from the sofa I was using. He was also sitting on a sofa. He had a loose black shirt hanging perfectly on his body with jeans that made his leg look long. However, with the beanie covering his hair made my heart beat fast.

How can someone look so good with such casual clothes on?

He smiled softly at what the guy next to him said. I looked over to the guy and quickly notice that he resembled Yoochun. He had the same eyes and cheek bones. I looked back at Yoochun when I heard him laugh. It sounded like music in my ears. The way his eyes formed a crescent shape because of his cheek bone rising and how his plump natural pink lips formed perfectly around his straight white teeth making his dimple pop out.

“It’s finally that time of the year guys.” Mr. Baek said grabbing my attention. How long have I been staring at Yoochun. Omo! Did anyone saw that? I felt a blush starting to rise from my neck as I tried hard to control my emotions from showing on my face.

“We’re going camping!” Mr. Baek said with excitement.

Camping?

Mr. Baek must have seen my confused face as he explained it to me, “We have a camping trip once a year so we are able to deepen our bond with our colleagues.” 

I nodded my head in understanding, “I don’t think I can come. I have too much work to be done.” I said with sympathy.

“Ehh come on Unnie! It’s so fun.” Yuri said from her spot on the ground.

“Yeah come on, Hyun. It’s very fun.” Song Ji-hyo Unnie said with a soft smile.

“I would love to be I still have to do a lot of research before I can present the case to the judge and also I can’t just leave, I have to take care of my family.” I reasoned.

“Don’t worry about your family. I already talked to them.” Junsu said. I stared at him with confusion.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I talked to your mom.” Junsu said like it was the most obvious thing.

“How did you get my mom’s number?”

“Oh I don’t have your mom’s number; I had Hyo’s and talked to her through his phone.” He shrugged his shoulder.

“Who’s Hyo?” Yoochun asked curiously.

“Your boyfriend?” Jaejoong fired back before I could answer, “Hyun you can’t have a boyfriend. You have to date me first.”

I stared at him like he was out of his mind.

“You have a boyfriend?” Yoochun asked again. I looked at him and noticed a little bit of hurt in his eyes. Did I hurt him indirectly?

“Unnie, why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend?” Yuri said before I could clear anything up.

Junsu laughed loudly beside me grabbing everyone’s attention. Now everyone is thinking that Hyo is my boyfriend. That’s just plain out disgusting. I smacked Junsu’s forearm hard before smacking Jaejoong’s as well.

“What’s that for?” Jaejoong asked while rubbing his arm.

“For starting his whole mess.” I said. I looked at the crowd before looking at Yoochun, “Hyo is not my boyfriend. Do you guys want to see me vomit my coffee up? He’s my little brother.”

I saw as his body relaxed before smiling softly at me. My insides turned to mush as butterflies started to have a war in my stomach; the good kind of butterflies. I felt my cheeks burn a little before looking back at Junsu.

“How did you have Hyo’s number?” I asked curiously. I don’t remember them exchanging numbers.

“We exchanged numbers when I came to your house.” Junsu said, “He said to hook him up with some idols and actresses.”

“That brat. Don’t even try to hook him up.” I said stubbornly. “You’re not his matching making counsel.”

Junsu laughed at my expression as I mumbled incoherently about Hyo and his stupid flirting ways.

“Is he cute?” Gummy Unnie asked with interest.

I stared at her like he’s crazy, “No he’s not.” I pointed out with my arms crossed, “That brat needs to grow up.”  

“Junsu give me his number after this meeting.” Gummy Unnie said while waving her phone. Before I could warn her about how stupid my brother is, Mr. Baek interrupted me.

“This meeting will only finish when all of you be quite and listen to what I have to say.” He said with his arm crossed. We all closed our mouth letting him to continue with the meeting.

“We will be leaving tomorrow. Only bring your clothes and other necessities. The tents and everything else will be taken care of.” He said looking at us. “Okay that’s all. Go back to your schedule.”

Everyone got up and started to talk among each other. Junsu went off to Gummy Unnie to probably give her Hyo’s number. Jaejoong was talking to other actors and singers. Yuri was with the trainees. I was about to walk to my office before a voice called me.

“Hyun Noona.” I turned around and notice that the guy that resembled Yoochun was approaching me with a smile. I smiled back at him as well.

“Hello.” I said while shaking his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Noona.” He smiled brightly at me. He was few inches taller than me and with him up close he looked almost like Yoochun’s twin brother. “My name is Park Yu-hwan, an actor.”

“And also my adorable little brother.” A voice interrupted. I looked to the source and noticed that Yoochun had his arm around Yu-hwan’s neck while the other arm was pinching his cheeks.

That makes so much sense now. Of course they are brothers, they look so much alike.

“Hyung.” Yu-hwan whined while trying to pull away from Yoochun. I laughed at their antics reminding me of Hyo a little.

“I have to go to my schedule. It was nice meeting you Noona.” Yu-hwan said.  I waved bye to him as he walked down the stairs.

“He’s cute right?” Yoochun asked with an adoring smile as he continued to watch the stairs that his brother went down from. I smiled when I realized how much he cared for him.

“He’s better than my brother I can tell you that.” I chuckled lightly. Yoochun looked down at me with his arm behind his back.

“Really now?” Yoochun raised an eyebrow, “Why would you say that?”

“Trust me it will take the whole day to tell you the reasons why my brother is annoying.” I said while shaking my head.

“Well I don’t have a whole day, but I do have few hours.” Yoochun looked at his wrist watch, “How about talking about it over some drinks?”

I stared at him with big eyes. Did he just ask me out on a date?

I felt my face heating up and my stomach, again, being attacked by the butterflies. I blinked a few times hoping that I wasn’t dreaming.

Did I really want to go on “date” with Yoochun?

I saw him looking right at me with clear eyes that held nothing but kindness. The same eyes that made me feel weak, the good kind of weak, when I first met him at the photo shoot.

Yes. I want to go have a drink and talk about random things with him. I want to find out his likes and dislikes. His adventures. His family. I just want to know everything about him. I smiled softly at him,

“Yeah. I would love to.” 

*****

How will Yoochun and Hyun's 'date' go?

Dun Dun Dunnnn

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. 

Don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and leave a comment!

I love reading your guys' opinions. :)

Present time:

Presenting the adorable Hyo (Actor Lee Hyun Woo)

The cute Park siblings

And of course these two goofballs