Chapter 16

Justice

*Not Edited 

*****

Hyun’s POV

                “You don’t have to force yourself to go.” Yoochun blurted it out before I could ask where we were going. I looked at him with confusion before noticing that he wasn’t looking at me anymore. I followed his gaze to my almost full coffee mug.

“Oh.” I lifted the mug up a little, “I’m already done with it. I was about to go out anyway to get a drink.” I looked to the side trying hard to hide my lie.

“Oh really?” He said with a hint of relief, “Why don’t you go put that away in your office before we leave.” I nodded at him before walking away hearing him calls his manager.

I walked into my office and put the mug on my table before walking out fast in a happy mood. It’s been a long time before I felt bubbly like a high school girl going on her first date. Last time I remember was when I first went out for lunch with…Yunho.

Yunho…How is he?

Is he taking care of his health?

How about Changmin? Is he eating his vegetables?

My steps got slower as I stared ahead in daze thinking back to the pleasant past.

“Here’s lunch.” I said while opening the door to the practice room. Changmin stopped right in the middle of practice and quickly ran to me. Instead of hugging me like usual, he grabbed the bag out of my hand and ran to the table and chair at the corner of the room. I stared at him in shock.

“At least say thank you.” I said while smacking his forearm. I sat down across from him and took out the Italian style lunch.

“Thanks.” He said with his childish smile before looking through the plastic bags to see what I brought for them.

I looked up and saw that Yunho was still practicing. Sweat roll down like waterfall on the side of his face, muscular arms, long neck, and hard chest making his tank top sticking to his tone body. I tried to hide my blush as I saw skin through the white tank.

“Yunho Oppa.” I said trying to grab his attention, “Come on before lunch gets cold.” He ignored me and continued to practice. I got up and walked toward the side of the table with my hands on my hips glaring at him. I didn’t waste my money for cold lunch.

“Just leave him.” Changmin said while opening a container of pasta, “More food for me.” I just shook my head at him.

“Yunho Oppa, this is my last warning.” I threatened. Again, he ignored me.

“I warned you.” I said before walking toward the stereo and turning it off causing Yunho to stop half step catching him off guard.

“Hey! I’m not done.” He looked around trying to find the source before he noticed me standing beside the stereo with a mad expression, “Oh. When did you get here, Hyun?”

My heat broke a little realizing that he didn’t even notice me. I glare at him before pointing to the table where Changmin was devouring the food at inhuman speed.

“Lunch.Now.” I said sternly.

Yunho pouted a little, “Just five more minutes.”

I walked towards him with a stern face. “Oppa, I did not waste my money for cold food.” I crossed my arms across my chest as soon as I reached him. Yunho chuckled before pinching my cheeks softly,

“You’re cute when you’re mad, Hyun.” Yunho walked away towards the table. I touched the spot that felt warm from Yunho’s touch as the word “cute” kept on repeating in my head.

Should I start being mad more often now?

“Come one Hyun.” Yunho yelled making me jump, “Can’t let your money go to waste.” I chuckled slightly before walking towards the duo. I sat down across from them and took out two packages of salad.

“Here eat this.” I put it in front of both of them, “It’s good for your health.” Yunho, being the good boy, opened it up and started eating without a complaint unlike Changmin who was staring at it with a blank face.

“Nope; too much green.” He pushed the container away.

“Green is good for you.” I pushed it back.

“I don’t like the taste.” He pushed back.

“That’s why there is ranch in the container.” I pushed back towards him again.

“Still taste disgusting.” He said pushing it back at me while looking into my eyes with a challenge. While I can stubborn as well.

“If you don’t eat this, I’ll tell your fans about the that you downloaded on your laptop.” I smirked before pushing it back. Changmin stared at me with his big doe eyes.

“Wh-what are you talking about. I don’t watch .” He protested with a high voice. Yunho continue to eat and watch our interaction like a soap drama.

I put my index finger up, “Clue #1: if a person is lying they will protest and there will be a slight change of voice. For example, for men it could be their voice gets abnormally higher.”

Changmin cleared his throat before opening up the container and stabbed his fork into the salad with a pout. He glared at the food like it was his worst enemy. I just shook my head at his antics.

Yunho laughed from beside him, “I have to say, you’re probably the first one to ever shut Changmin up.” Changmin mumbled incoherently, probably cussing me out, and continued to eat the salad with heavy hands.

Both Yunho and I laughed at childish Changmin throughout t lunch and kept on bothering him about his in his laptop which he never truly denied.

                “Ready to go?” A voice broke my flashback. I looked toward the source to see Yoochun with his hands behind his back. I looked around my surrounding and realized that I already made it to the bonus room. There were still few people talking but others went back to their work or schedule.

“Huh?” I mumbled still a little dazed before blinking few times, “Yeah.” I looked up at him seeing him looking at me with concern.

“Are you okay?” Yoochun asked while putting his hand on my shoulder, “We don’t have to go if you’re not feeling well.” A small smile slowly formed on my face when I saw how he was being considerate.

“No. I’m fine; just thinking.” I said. I grabbed his arm by the elbow and started to pull him towards the staircase, “Come on let’s go. I really want something to drink now.”

I tugged his arm, but he wouldn’t bulge. I pulled again, but Yoochun stayed rooted in his spot. I looked over my shoulder towards him with confusion which was immediately replaced with a glare when I noticed his playful smirk. I pulled the third time and watched how his smirk grew bigger when my effort went to waste.

I circled both of my arms around his elbow and pulled harder. Yoochun continued to smirk and actually had the audacity to put his hands into his front jeans pocket and look casual.

How the hell is he so strong when he doesn’t even have muscles?

“Why. Are. You. So. Strong?” I said through my clenched teeth. Yoochun laughed before using his index finger to poke on the middle of my forehead,

“You’re just abnormally weak, babo.” I squinted my eyes at him and let go trying to catch my breath.

Two can play this game. I looked around and noticed Jaejoong sitting on the sofa with his phone.

“Hey Jaejoong!” I yelled grabbing his attention. Jaejoong looked up from his phone and looked straight at me. I glanced at Yoochun’s confused face before step aside to getting a better view of Jaejoong, “Do you want to grab a drink-“

I was cut off with Yoochun quickly stepping in front of me blocking my view and grabbing my hand pulling me to the staircase, “Nothing Jaejoong. Just go back to your business!” He yelled as we went down the stairs. He pulled me all the way to the car without letting go of my hand as my laughter echoed through the almost empty parking garage.

Yoochun pulled out the key from his pocket before unlocking the car and pulling open the passenger door for me. I chuckled at his face before sitting down.

Yoochun walked around the front of the car with a small pout and sat down on the driver seat starting the engine. I looked around the common car with scrunched eyebrows.

Why does Junsu have a Lamborghini while Yoochun is driving a Mazda?

“You think you’re funny?” Yoochun asked as we started to pull out of the parking garage and into the front of the building where I saw fans with their phones. Panicked filled up my whole body as I quickly ducked down trying to hide my face.

Yoochun looked over towards me when he noticed I didn’t answer. “What are you doing?” He laughed at my uncomfortable position.

“Trying to hide my face so none of the fans sees me.” My voice came out muffled because my face was squashed on my legs.

Yoochun laughed louder, “First off, that would cause more suspicion. Second off, you don’t have to worry I got it in control.” I put my face to the side and looked up at him.

“Come on get up.” He took his hand of the gear and pulled my arm up, “I promise nothing will happen.” I hesitated before slowly getting up and stiffly putting my back against the seat.

Yoochun pulled out of the parking garage and fans screamed. I jumped in shock.

Well there goes my career. All the fans are going to get the wrong idea and will probably hunt me down. I’m sorry Dad, it’s all Yoochun’s fault. Just punish him.

However, screams stopped suddenly. I looked up at the fans and noticed that they had a confused look on their face.

“Who’s in the car?” I heard one say. I backed away from my window getting closer to Yoochun.

“I don’t know. I don’t see anything. The windows are too tinted and even the front window is tinted.” Another fan replied. Yoochun slowly drove onto the main road leaving behind confused fans. I turned around and looked behind us to see if any of the fans were following us.

“Don’t worry.” Yoochun assured me, “This is the company’s dating car.”

“Dating car?” I asked looking at him.

“Celebrities don’t really have any privacy so the company had his car specially produced for celebrities from the company to use to go on a date. All the windows are tinted to a degree that the fans will only see their reflection.” He said looking straight ahead and driving further away from the busy city roads.

“Really? That’s nice of Mr. Baek.” I said before a thought struck me, “So this isn’t your car?”

“Nope.” He said while making a right turn.

“Oh thank gosh, I’m almost pitied you.” I said facing him. Yoochun looked over at me with a raised eyebrow,

“Why would you pity me?”

“I rode in Junsu’s Lamborghini before and Jaejoong showed me his car collection after he found out my interest in cars. I thought you were the only one without a fancy car.” I shrugged my shoulder.

Yoochun glanced at me through the corner of his eyes before taking one hand off the steering wheel and quickly poked me on the stomach making me squeal.

“Hey!” I tried to block his attack, but he was too fast, “I’m ticklish!” My laughter rang through the car followed by Yoochun’s.

“You should laugh more often.” Yoochun looked at me after parking the car at a small café, “Life can be hard, but laughing can make the darkest times full of sunshine.”

I glanced at my hands before looking up at him straight into his eyes. A smile formed on my face when I saw him looking at me with his beautiful dark brown eyes.

“Wow Yoochun. I didn’t know you could be so deep.” I bit my lips trying to control my smile.

“Oh sweetheart, I could be deep as the ocean.” He replied back with a wink. My heart almost jumped out of my chest from the wink as butterflies came all the way up to my throat when he said ‘sweetheart.’

What is he doing to me?

I lightly smack his forearm, “We should go in before time runs out.” I picked up my purse as Yoochun took out a mask from his pocket and put it over his lower half of his face before putting on his sunglass. I opened my door and stepped out. I heard the car beep before looking at the small café.

My eyes got wide when I noticed where we were at. This was the same café I came to after getting trolled by Dad, and also seeing that mysterious man.

“I like this place; it’s private.” Yoochun said standing right beside me. I looked over at him and almost chocked on my spit trying to control my laugh.

“What?” He asked innocently.

“Yeah, tell the whole world that I’m not an idol by wearing a mask, sunglasses, and beanie. Totally not suspicious.” I said while crossing my arms across my chest.

“Ha you’re so funny.” Yoochun said sarcastically before talking the beanie out of his head and putting in his pocket. He looked at the door’s window and started to fix his hair making it tamable. His hand movement looked fluid as it went through his silky black hair. My hand twitched when I saw his bangs were still little messy. He ran his hand through his bangs making them more presentable before leading me to the front of the store.

“Ladies first.” He said while opening the door. I walked into the empty café and saw that nothing has changed. There was still that homey comfortable atmosphere with the wooden chairs and tables and bookshelves full with different type of books against the wall. The sunlight shined through the big windows making the place brighter.

We both walked to the counter that was in the middle of the café and greeted the nice old lady behind the counter.

“I’ll have a honeydew bubble tea.” Yoochun said while taking his wallet out, “What would you like?”

“I’ll like Rose tea flavor please.” I also took my wallet out.

“Nope.” A hand grabbed my hand as I was about to take my money out. I looked up at Yoochun.

“I’m paying.” He said sternly. I shook my head in disagreement.

“Nope; I’m paying.” I said just as sternly.

“I asked to have a drink with me, Hyun, so that means I’m going to pay.” He took his sunglass out to look me in my eyes.

“Thank you for taking me out for a drink, but I can seriously pay for myself.” I put my hands on my hips.

 The old lady laughed at our childish argument before calling her husband over.

“Aren’t they the sweetest?” I heard her say to her husband.

“Reminds me of us when we were young.” He agreed.

Both of us looked at the cute old couple and suddenly forgot about our argument. The old man was looking at his wife with love in his eyes causing the wife to blush because of his strong gaze. Just the atmosphere around them was full of so much love.

I smiled at the cute couple. I wish I’ll find someone to look at me like that. Someone who could love and care for me that nothing in the world could tear us apart.

“You guys don’t have to pay. It’s on the house.” Halmoni said with a sweet smile. Suddenly remembering about the argument I started to protest,

“No Halmoni. I’ll pay-”A hand came around my shoulder and clamp against my mouth making me unable to talk. I looked up at the source with wide surprised eyes as I felt the blush rising from my neck and slowly spreading across my cheeks.

“Here you go Halmoni.” Yoochun gave the money from his free hand and took the receipt.

“Now that’s a real man.” Haraboji said with a laugh. Yoochun laughed with him before bowing. He came behind me and gently pushed me toward the table in the corner. I stayed quite knowing that he won’t let go no matter how much noise I make.

Finally, he let go and sat down with his back facing the entrance. I glared at him before sitting down across from him.

“Was that necessary?” I asked with my arms crossed.

“Yes.” He pointed out as he put his sunglass on the table before standing up again, “I’ll go get our drinks.” I watched his broad back turn around and walked towards the counter.

There is just something about Yoochun that makes me so excited. My body reacts to every single thing he does. If he’s smiling, my lips form a smile without me noticing. If he’s sad, I feel like I should do everything to make him happy. The way he carries himself is so casual yet powerful all at once.

I saw him talking to the Haraboji and noticed he smiled as his eyes formed a crescent moon. I can already imagine his smile under the mask. His sweet smile that makes me feel like the world has brightened suddenly.

Why am I feeling like this?

I’m 26 years-old and by all of this mushy feeling I’m getting, I know I’ve have a crush on Yoochun, but what about Yunho. I turned around to stare out the window into the empty street except for a car parked at the other side.

I know for a fact I like Yunho, but why is Yoochun making me feel this way? It’s impossible to like two people at the same time.

I like Yunho…I’ve a crush on Yoochun. What is wrong with me? I come I always end up taking interest in famous idols with a huge fandom. Plus, they are all around stunning girls who are much more successful than I’ll ever be what would make them to even look at me twice?

“I need to find a normal boyfriend.” I mumbled after sighing softy.

“What?” I jumped in shock before looking at Yoochun placing the tray with the drinks on the table.

“You almost gave me heart attack.” I said while putting my hand over my heart trying to calm it down.

“What about a boyfriend?” He asked ignoring my comment after sitting down and taking one side of his mask off to drink his bubble tea.

“Oh nothing.” I said while mixing my drink around and taking a sip. The sweet rose flavor softly went down my throat relaxing me.

“I know you said something about a boyfriend.” He pressured, “You can tell me. I thought we were friends.”

I glanced at him through my laces debating whether or not I should tell him. Maybe I should, he could hook me up with somebody that he knows and my crush would go away.

“I was just thinking about how I should get a boyfriend.” I said paying attention to my drink. I suddenly heard a cough and looked up Yoochun using his fist to pound on his chest.

“Are you okay?” I quickly grabbed a napkin and bended over the table to wipe his cheeks. I kept on wiping out the dots of tea that were present because of his cough before noticing that Yoochun stopped coughing and was sitting quietly.

I looked up at him and noticed that he was looking right down at me. Our face was so close that our nose could have touched if one of us moved. My wide eyes stared into half-lidded ones. His eyes roamed around my face, looking at all of my features with a strong gaze. Finally, they landed on my lips. I felt like time had suddenly stopped and it was only two of us. The way he stared at my lips before looking backing into my eyes made my face turned red in an instant. I quickly noticed that his face unconsciously bended down towards mine while still holding my gaze. I could have moved back and stopped this whole mess, but my body wouldn’t move.

No, I didn’t want to move.

CCCRRRAAASSSHHH!

I jumped causing my head to collide with Yoochun.

“Ahhhhh” I groaned sitting down on my seat with my eyes closed due to the pain and rubbing my forehead.

“Is your head made of steel?” I heard Yoochun say, “That hurt.”

“Stop whining, I’m hurt too.”

“I’m so sorry for the noise. I just dropped some kitchen utensils.” Halmoni said from the counter.

“It’s okay Halmoni.” I smiled at her before turning back to face Yoochun. When our eyes met, my face got red again thinking about what just happened few moments ago.

If the crashed hadn’t happen, would we have kissed?

My face got more red thinking about how it would feel like kissing Yoochun.

“So about that boyfriend.” Yoochun said after clearing his throat grabbing my attention, “You can’t have one.”

I stared at him in shock, “Why?”

“Cause I said so.” He stubbornly said while taking a sip of his drink.

“But why?” I whined. I need to forget about both Yoochun and Yunho.

“Firstly, I’m your boss so you have to listen to what I have to say.” He said with a smirk. I pouted at his reasoning. He’s right; he’s my boss, “Secondly, having a boyfriend will interrupt your case.”

I sighed and nodded understanding the situation. I put my elbow on the table and head on my hand before sighing,

“Yeah, you’re right. I guess I’ll wait until the case is over.” I said while looking at the empty tables.

“So you never dated anyone while you were working for SM?” Yoochun asked while leaning back on his chair.

Yunho’s face suddenly popped into my head.

“Nope.” I said taking a sip from my drink.

“Really, I thought you would have seeing how you’re close with so many artists in SM.” He replied back.

I stared at him suspiciously, “How do you know I was closed with them?”

“I saw the photos in your office. You have one with almost every single idol in SM.” He said with a shrug.

“Aish!” I smacked his forearm, “Who told you, you can go through those photos?”

“They’re pretty much on display. It’s hard not to miss them.” He said while rubbing his forearm, “That was a strong hit.” He pouted.

“You deserved it.” I said while looking out the window with my nose high.

“Oh really now, then you deserve this.” He poked my waist making me squeal, “Hitting your boss like that.”

I laughed loudly trying to move further way before Yoochun thought he had torture me enough. It got silent as I was trying to catch my breath. However, it was broken as both of us started to laugh again.

It’s been a long time since I felt so free. I don’t remember laughing so hard like this. Yoochun was able to do something that nobody has been able to ever since Dad passed away: make me feel at ease.

3rd Person POV

                “Who the hell is this chick?” A man sat on the driver side of the car with his professionally camera hanging around his neck, “First Kim Junsu now Park Yoochun.” He picked up the camera and zoomed into the couple sitting in the café laughing and took more pictures.

Ring Ring

He putted his camera down before picking up his phone.

“Yah Hyung?” He asked but still looked at the couple, “No I’m doing my job.”

“Right now…But I’m busy…Who…SM…” He put his camera on to the passenger seat before starting his car, “I’ll be there in about 30 minutes.”

He drove down the road thinking about what his Hyung said:

“Get here right now. We got a job request from SM.”    

*****

Such a long chapter 0_o

I hope you guys enjoyed the interaction between Hyun and Yoochun!

Please let me know if you enjoyed it.

Now, I probably won't be able to udate until after May 1st because

my finals are coming up. I actually have a bio final tomorrow

but instead I was working on this chapter. I guess I'll have to pull

a all nighter tonight...college life...

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Please subscribe, upvote, and leave a comment!

Present time ft. Kim Junsu because he was finally able to do a broadcast after 6 years:

Thank you EBS for letting one of the most talented idol to perform on Space Sympathy. Junsu, as well as JYJ, deserve

to perform on a broadcasting system, and thank you so much for go against the norm

and taking the first step. We, fans, will always be grateful to you.

Junsu-yah, don't ever forget to smile! We love you so much and will always support you!