Chapter 3

Justice

            Days turned into weeks as the idols and workers in SM try to fix the problems that were caused because of Kris’s lawsuit. The fans were always outside the building trying to communicate with the EXO members. Rumors went around about how EXO members had their phone taken up and were being verbally abused. Nobody knew what really was going on; it was between EXO, their managers, and the CEO.

On the 2nd day after the news, Hyun went up to Mr. Kim Young-min asking if there was anything she can do. She was a lawyer, and this was the moment where she actually gets to work as one. However the CEO just told her to talk to Mr. Choi Young. Mr. Choi Young was the leader of the lawyer team in SM. He was the oldest with the most experience out of every single lawyers working for SM. He was incredibly smart, but Hyun had no respect for him whatsoever. That man was a ist pig. Hyun was the only female in the lawyer team, which consist of 6 people including Hyun and Mr. Choi Young.

She had to swallow her pride, and went to his office. She politely asked him if there was any help she can assist with, but he, being a pig, laughed with his oinking noise. His beer belly even shook as he laughed at her. Hyun looked at him with disgust for a minute before returning to her usual professional face.

“I don’t need help from you. Now act like your gender and go back to the kitchen where you belong. I don’t get why the CEO even hired you.” Those were his exact words. It took so much strength from Hyun to not to pick up the flower vase that was on his desk and throw it at him.

She smiled forcibly and turned around, walking away from the greasy smelly office. However, once Hyun reached the door, she turned around to look at him,

“Pig,” Hyun tried hard not to laugh at her ‘mistake,’ “Oh I mean Mr. Choi, you have some grease stains on your shirt. Maybe next time, try to aim the sandwich towards your mouth.” Hyun quickly walked out of his office before he could say another word.

After that day, Hyun tried to call Kris at least twice a day, but his phone was always off. Hyun truly did care for Kris, not only him, but EXO in general. She knew how hard Kris and the others worked to reach such a height with their career. Something just didn’t feel right; the event just kept on nipping at her. Kris would not just leave because he didn’t agree with the contract; there was definitely more to it. She tried to contact his friends in Korea as well as in China. She tried to contact his parents in Canada. She tried so many things, but it always led to a dead end.

            It has been a week since Kris left. A week since Hyun has been going behind SM’s back to find her own evidence that would prove that Kris had a deeper reason for leaving. It not like she’s trying to prove anyone wrong; she just wanted to know the reason. She’s just curious. Hyun was able to get in contact with one of Kris’s friend in Korea, but even he didn’t know why Kris did what he did. But there was one thing his friend was sure of: Kris was safe wherever he was in China. When Hyun heard that information, she felt calm. Like the calmness after a storm. As long as he is fine, Hyun was happy.

On that same day, Hyun found Luhan in the practice room all by himself. She walked into the room and sat right beside him.

“Are you okay?” Hyun put her hand on his knee.

“I’m fine.” Luhan kept on staring at the wall in front of him. Both of their backs were leaning against the mirror. Luhan had his knees bended with his arms resting on it while Hyun sat Indian style.

“You do know you can tell me anything Luhan,” Hyun looked to see if there was any response, but there was none. “I got some information about Kris.”

Luhan quickly looked at Hyun with his doe eyes. He was shock. The lawyers, secretaries, and CEO will not tell EXO any information about Kris; no matter how many times the members asked.

“You can’t tell anybody Luhan,” Hyun said with seriousness, “You have to promise me.” Both of them intertwined their pinky finger while touching each other’s thumb.

“How is he?” Luhan worriedly asked. Hyun gently smiled at him.

“He’s fine.” Luhan sighed as the tension from his shoulders disappeared, “What did you find out?”

“It’s not much, just that he is fine wherever he is in China.” Hyun replied.

“Does anybody know?” Luhan asked curiously. Hyun shook her head,

“Nobody knows except us two,” Hyun looked at Luhan, “I’m not going to tell anybody.”

Luhan chuckled, “I always knew you were a rebel.” Luhan bumped his shoulder against Hyun’s.

Hyun and Luhan continue to talk more, laughing once in a while. If both of them paid attention then they would have notice a figure watching them from the window on the door.

Yunho stared at the two. Sitting close with each other, and being comfortable for skinship. He couldn’t hear what they were saying, but they were talking like they knew each other for a long time. Yunho’s stomach twisted as he noticed that Luhan said something to make Hyun laugh.

*****

            “Ahh the princess finally decided to bless us with her holy presences.” Heechul said as Hyun walked through the door. Hyun made a face and threw her water bottle at him. The bottle hit him on his crotch, making Heechul fall down in pain with a loud girly scream. Everyone in the room started to laugh at Heechul while Sungmin, Siwon, and Minho went to help him.

Today was a resting day for the idols. Everyone decided to meet up in the big practice room to have food and drinks. Hyun was also invited since she was close to many of them. The room was filled up with the members of Super Junior, except Kibum, Shinee, f(x), SNSD, EXO, and TVXQ.

Everyone decided to get their box of chicken and drink, and sat down in a big circle. Hyun went up to the table to get her box and drink as well, but Heechul came behind her and trapped her. He wrapped his arms around her, making her unable to move her arms.

“Oppa! Let me go!” Hyun screamed in his ears. Heechul immediately let her go as he clutched his ears. Hyun quickly got her food and tried to look for a place to sit before Heechul comes and traps her again.

“Hyun!”

Hyun looked to the source that called her name. Yunho was waving his hand and indicating her to sit next to him. Hyun blushed as she walked towards him. She quietly sat down between Yunho and Eunhyuk. Yunho took Hyun’s can drink and opened it for her.

“Thank you.” Hyun smiled. Yunho smiled back while opening his drink as well.

“Aish! Where is that girl?” Heechul looked around the big circle trying to find Hyun. Heechul pointed an accusing finger at Hyun,

“Hyun!”

Everyone got quiet after hearing Heechul yell. They all turned to look at Hyun. All of them had a smirk on their faces when they saw who was sitting next to Hyun. Their smirk grew wider when they notice Yunho leaning on one hand, making him get closer to Hyun.

“You better pay for my hospital bills.” Heechul said while crossing his arms.

“Hyung, just be quiet and eat peacefully.” Kangin said while rubbing his forehead.

“Why should I be peaceful when she hit my Heechul Junior and almost made me deaf.” Heechul protested.

“There’s nothing there anyways. I don’t get why you’re complaining.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“What’s did you say brat?” Heechul said stalking towards Kyuhyun. Leeteuk quickly got up and dragged Heechul; forcing Heechul to sit down beside him.

“I still want an apology from Hyun.” Heechul pouted.

“How about I get you that game you wanted.” Hyun proposed with a smirk. Heechul looked at her suspiciously.

“The dragon one?”

“Yup,” Hyun said, “Unless you don’t want it, I could give it to Kyuhyun.”

“Nope! You’re going to give me the game, and I will forgive you.” Heechul said while crawling over to Hyun. He reached her and shook her hand, making the agreement final.

The idols and Hyun continued to eat and talk among each other. The happy atmosphere continued before Sunny said the news that got everyone’s attention.

“It seems like Kris left because of medical reasons,” Sunny read the article on her phone, “This article states that he has a heart problem.”

Silence consumed the big group as they try to take in the information. Hyun’s brain was going haywire trying to connect the dots.

“Hey,” Leeteuk clapped grabbing everyone’s attention, “this is a fun get together. No talking about the bad news. Come one guys we rarely get to have fun like this together.”

“He’s right.” Yunho agreed. Yunho bumped his shoulder against Hyun’s, “Turned that frown upside down.” Hyun looked shocked at Yunho’s aegyo, but started to laugh. Hearing Hyun’s laugh caused everyone else to laugh as well.

“Please stop doing that Hyung.” Changmin said with a serious expression, “It’s disturbing.”

“It’s cute.” Yunho replied back with fake anger. Changmin rolled his eyes and continue to talk to Minho.

Yunho threw his chopstick at him, “How can you ignore your Hyung like that?”

Both of them continue to ‘fight.’ Hyun looked between the two and noticed the deep connection they shared. She could tell this connection definitely happen because of the tragedy of DBSK. Hyun’s thought was interrupted by her phone ringing. Excusing herself, she went outside to pick up her phone.

An unknown number was calling her.

“Hello.” Hyun said.

“Noona.” Hyun almost dropped her phone from hearing the voice from the other side. She quickly looked around her surrounding and ran outside from the emergency exit door.

“Kris?” Hyun whispered. 

*****

OMG guys this is the longest chapter I've ever written. 

4 pages 0_o

I'm not complaining; I had no idea I wrote that much. I was so immersed.

Anyway I hope you guys liked reading this chapter. 

If you find any mistakes please let me know. 

Please subscribe, upvote, and you can add me as a friend as well.

Thank you guys.

Love you <3

Present time: